Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:13:34 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  When is the ROD getting updated?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: When is the ROD getting updated?  (Read 18956 times)
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 02:48:26 am »

Is it too early to induct   Cam Camoron.  The man who orchestrated the worst season in Miami Dolphin history.  Its as bad when Jimmy agreed to terms on Yatil Green.   Well not that bad.

What bout Satan ( Good Ole Nick )

As for the time spent on these Boards, everyone here wants Dave Wannadouche on the ROD. 

PPL want Wannsted head more than Camoron.

Huh Huh Huh

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 07:22:54 am »

I watched that live and I was furious. Just everything about that sequence...Cam not allowing a kicker who had until that point had never missed a FG all season to not even attempt the go-ahead kick late in a tie game because he was scared that a miss (in a dome, where the opposing kicker was having no trouble hitting 50-plus yard kicks all day) would set up the Texans for an easy game winning FG of their own, punting, and seeing the Texans just casually drive down and win with a FG anyway was just...I wanted him fired on the spot  Angry  Angry  Angry

It's yet another example in NFL history of how playing to win gets you the win while playing not to lose gets you beat.

Exactly.  The game is tied, Ronnie Brown was playing lights out, Trent Green had already been knocked out of the game, and you've just gotten a first down at the Houston 39 with the clock running down to two minutes. 

Any coach with half a brain would've let the clock go to the two minute warning, then given Ronnie the ball three times.  If he doesn't get you the first down (and he probably would've), he would've gotten you close enough to kick the field goal, and have Houston burn all their timeouts in the process. 

What did Camoron do?  He ran another play before the two minute warning, then after the two minute warning, he throws two passes, both of which were incomplete, that took only five seconds off the clock.  Then he punted.  The result was, Houston got the ball on their 20 with 1:55 left and all their timeouts.  Not surprisingly, they marched down the field for the winning score.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 11:33:57 am »

Is is possible that we could elect a member of the board to ROD instead?

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 03:11:45 pm »

Is is possible that we could elect a member of the board to ROD instead?

Yeah.  I nominate Maine for locking too many threads in the Other Sports forum and for being a stinkin' Red Sox fan.   Grin

On a more serious note, if we were to get a board member elected, it would be Spongebob, hands down.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 09:31:17 am »

SpongeBob is not a board member...
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 11:54:15 pm »

Put 'em all in there...Cam, ESPECIALLY SATAN, and Wanny...hell put Lemon in there too.  After I was at that Bills game they should have won, and saw Ginn open all day without Lemon pulling the trigger, I say do it.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 06:26:44 pm »

Jimmy Johnson.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2009, 01:39:29 am »

Jimmy Johnson.

Nawww ,  the only thing bad i should say bout JJ.   He wanted to get rid of Dan and he wasted a draft pick on Yatil Green.  Oh and he bailed on the fins ..   ROD naww

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2009, 08:42:04 am »

Nawww ,  the only thing bad i should say bout JJ.   He wanted to get rid of Dan and he wasted a draft pick on Yatil Green.  Oh and he bailed on the fins ..   ROD naww

And trading down to draft John Avery when he could've had Randy Moss if he stood pat.  And coming in like a bully all big and bad promising to deliver a Super Bowl then leaving town with his tail tucked in between his legs. 

I really have nothing good to say about the pork-faced devil. 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2009, 02:37:51 pm »

And trading down to draft John Avery when he could've had Randy Moss if he stood pat.  And coming in like a bully all big and bad promising to deliver a Super Bowl then leaving town with his tail tucked in between his legs. 

I really have nothing good to say about the pork-faced devil. 
Lots of people passed on Randy Moss that day.  If I remember right, Moss fell to 21 because he had off-the-field problems.  Maybe 18?  I forget.  Anyway, the Dolphins were obviously right in line with the approximately 20 other owners not willing to take the risk on Moss.  That, and RB was a huge need for the Dolphins that year.

The big thing I dislike about Jimmy is the way he treated Marino towards the end, and the hiring of Dave Wannstedt as "assistant head coach" (also known as "my replacement").
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2009, 05:44:42 pm »

Yeah.  I nominate Maine for locking too many threads in the Other Sports forum and for being a stinkin' Red Sox fan.   Grin

On a more serious note, if we were to get a board member elected, it would be Spongebob, hands down.

I think it would be me.  I've been nominated before

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2009, 01:20:48 am »

I think it would be me.  I've been nominated before
I second Wink Just bustin' your balls. But seriously. without Jimmy Johnson, there would have been no Wanny, and no 1-15 season... Butterfly effect.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2009, 01:23:03 am »

And trading down to draft John Avery when he could've had Randy Moss if he stood pat. 

This isn't accurate.  Moss was expected to be gone by the time our pick came.  He didn't trade down TO draft Avery, either.  I agree, Avery was a bad pick, but the trade was made ahead of time, before Moss slid.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2009, 01:41:02 am »

This isn't accurate.  Moss was expected to be gone by the time our pick came.  He didn't trade down TO draft Avery, either.  I agree, Avery was a bad pick, but the trade was made ahead of time, before Moss slid.
Are you sure about this?

I thought the trade was made when the Dolphins hit the clock...  As I remember it (all from memory) the Fins had #16 and when they hit the clock they dealt down with the Packers - I think to 21.  The Vikes, at 18, took Moss.

I could be wrong.

Anyone know who we ended up getting as the second half of the trade-down?

Edit - More info:

The Dolphins had 19, and traded down to 29 from Green Bay.  The Vikings had 21.  The Packers took Vonnie Holliday at 19 and gave Miami their second round pick (60 overall), which Miami traded to Detroit (who used that pick for Charlie Batch), in exchange for 2 5th rounders and a 6th rounder.  So, trading down 10 spots in the first round netted the Dolphins:
- LB Brad Jackson
- G Scott Shaw
- QB John Dutton

Awesome draft there, Jimmy. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:48:38 am by Brian Fein » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2009, 02:07:43 am »

^^ You had me 2nd guessing myself, Brian, so I did some research.

Here is a line from an article in the L.A. Times from 1998:
Miami Coach Jimmy Johnson traded his 19th pick to Green Bay for the 29th selection in Round 1 before Saturday's festivities, and said later, "We wouldn't have taken Moss if he had been there at No. 19."

He says he wouldn't have taken him anyway, but he was never given the opportunity.  You can't say that you would've taken him, though, even if you would've.

While researching, I also saw in those articles that Moss was expected to be a top 5 pick.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray