Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:32:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Understanding Tepop
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Understanding Tepop  (Read 20494 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: April 19, 2010, 04:13:52 pm »

We have a user on these forums that seems to have an intense distaste for the normal fan favorites: Ronnie Brown, Chad Henne, Bill Parcels, for example.

I don't think he's an outright troll, because he's been pretty consistent and a regular user of these forums for a long, long time.

So, I ask Tepop, that you explain yourself a little bit.  Which players do you like?  What realistic, positive changes would you make, outside of cutting our star players?

I drink your milkshake!
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 05:45:23 pm »

Broke open a bag of pop corn. This should be a good one......... Roll Eyes

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 06:35:31 pm »

I think its important to note that I'm pretty sure this is not a bashing Tepop thread, but more of an understanding what he's thinking.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 06:49:17 pm »

I think its important to note that I'm pretty sure this is not a bashing Tepop thread, but more of an understanding what he's thinking.

I can see now that this is a thread I'd be better off ignoring, as most of Tepop's posts (read: his typed out "thoughts") about the Dolphins seem inherently bash-worthy to me.

Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 10:34:08 pm »

Don't get me wrong -- I think he's pretty nuts.  But there has to be a method to his madness.  I don't see how you can be a Dolphins fan, yet hate everyone on the team.  I'm interested to see where he's truly coming from.

I drink your milkshake!
Tepop84
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 10:29:15 am »

We have a user on these forums that seems to have an intense distaste for the normal fan favorites: Ronnie Brown, Chad Henne, Bill Parcels, for example.

I don't think he's an outright troll, because he's been pretty consistent and a regular user of these forums for a long, long time.

So, I ask Tepop, that you explain yourself a little bit.  Which players do you like?  What realistic, positive changes would you make, outside of cutting our star players?

I don't hate everyone on the team.  I dislike players who are favored by fans who just aren't as good as fans/media make them out to be.  Ronnie Brown gets blown by everyone and he doesn't do shit.  He is paid like a top 3 nfl back, but it is a stretch to include him in the top 10.  Chad Henne is made out to be a star when he hasn't shown anything yet.  He has played 1 good game (the first jets games) and several terrible games.  Everyone thinks he will be awesome because he was drafted by Bill Parcells.  The fans make more excuses for him than any other player. 

I like Ricky williams, chad pennington, jake long, jason taylor.  i don't hate everyone on the team.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 10:58:45 am »

He is paid like a top 3 nfl back, but it is a stretch to include him in the top 10.

In what world is Ronnie Brown paid like a top 3 NFL back?

The top 10 NFL running backs in terms of money per year (at the end of last season):

$8.6M Larry Johnson
$8.6M Steven Jackson
$8.3M Brian Westbrook
$8.0M LaDainian Tomlinson
$7.7M Clinton Portis
$7.6M Maurice Jones-Drew
$7.0M Darren McFadden
$6.9M Frank Gore
$6.4M Marion Barber
$6.3M Brandon Jacobs

Ronnie Brown earned $3.6M last year and signed a tender worth $3.9M for the 2010 season.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 11:07:16 am »

Ronnie Brown was the 17th-highest paid RB in the league in 2009.
Tepop84
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 11:22:40 am »

In what world is Ronnie Brown paid like a top 3 NFL back?

The top 10 NFL running backs in terms of money per year (at the end of last season):

$8.6M Larry Johnson
$8.6M Steven Jackson
$8.3M Brian Westbrook
$8.0M LaDainian Tomlinson
$7.7M Clinton Portis
$7.6M Maurice Jones-Drew
$7.0M Darren McFadden
$6.9M Frank Gore
$6.4M Marion Barber
$6.3M Brandon Jacobs

Ronnie Brown earned $3.6M last year and signed a tender worth $3.9M for the 2010 season.

Cap value wise he was 10th, just 700,000 behind 4th highest and ~500,000 ahead of 11th.

Or if you want to use your way of including the signing bonus in the year they sign, he was 3rd highest paid back in 2006.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:26:17 am by Tepop84 » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 11:25:49 am »

I don't hate everyone on the team.  I dislike players who are favored by fans who just aren't as good as fans/media make them out to be.  Ronnie Brown gets blown by everyone and he doesn't do shit.  He is paid like a top 3 nfl back, but it is a stretch to include him in the top 10.  Chad Henne is made out to be a star when he hasn't shown anything yet.  He has played 1 good game (the first jets games) and several terrible games.  Everyone thinks he will be awesome because he was drafted by Bill Parcells.  The fans make more excuses for him than any other player. 

I like Ricky williams, chad pennington, jake long, jason taylor.  i don't hate everyone on the team.

This is a perfect example of how you perform the opposite of what you complain about. You say other fans and media overblow what these players do but you tend to overly devaluate what they do. Try to find some middle ground at least.
Tepop84
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 11:28:01 am »

This is a perfect example of how you perform the opposite of what you complain about. You say other fans and media overblow what these players do but you tend to overly devaluate what they do. Try to find some middle ground at least.

Devalue what.  Ronnie brown was the number 2 pick in the nfl draft and has had one 1000 yard rushing season (which isn't even impressive) in 5 seasons.
Tepop84
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 03:15:08 pm »

Parcells trading ginn for nothing and letting jt go to nyj are why he is an idiot.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 03:39:54 pm »

^^^

You seem to take extreme viewpoints

Parcells isn't perfect.  Yes, he's made some dumb moves, but still, to take a team that was 1-15 and turn them into division winners the next year and have them competing for the playoffs until the last week of the season the following year (even though at least two games were stolen from them) is quite a feat.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tepop84
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 03:47:30 pm »

^^^

You seem to take extreme viewpoints

Parcells isn't perfect.  Yes, he's made some dumb moves, but still, to take a team that was 1-15 and turn them into division winners the next year and have them competing for the playoffs until the last week of the season the following year (even though at least two games were stolen from them) is quite a feat.

take a team that lost how many 3 point games and had how many injuries and got them to the playoffs on the easiest schedule in history along with having tom brady go down for the year isn't that great. give me a break two games were stolen from them. it goes both ways.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 04:12:04 pm »

so...hard...to...stay...quiet ...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray