Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:50:29 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  TDMMC FFL 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: TDMMC FFL 2010  (Read 79461 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2010, 04:05:43 pm »

We could have a good idea of who is going to win this week's matchup between me and stroke after tonight's game.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2010, 04:49:02 pm »

^^^ There ya go, gettin' all silly again. Wink

You have 3 players active in the Thursday nighter...I have 1. We'll "really" have a good idea who's going to win at about 11:00 PM Sunday night, when Hines Ward for you and Mike Wallace for me put the final stats in the boxscore.

Side note on this matchup: I have two key starters on bye (Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings), while you come in at full strength...yet ESPN's "not-very-reliable" projections have me favored by 27.

So, enjoy whatever lead you may get on Thursday night, 4Lifer... Heck, invite some friends over on Friday night for a victory celebration/karaoke-fest even. They won't check up on you afterward, so they'll never actually know that you ended up getting your butt kicked by 30-something at the end.

Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2010, 01:13:34 pm »

^^^^

Regardless, I'll still have a better record then you at the end of the week.

I was hoping for TDs from Mason, the Ravens D, and Gonzo last night, and I only got one.

The good news is Turner didn't get one either.

Your team looks much stronger at first glance, given Ronnie's struggles this year.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2010, 01:35:58 pm »

Regardless, I'll still have a better record then you at the end of the week.

Fortunately for me, our records at the end of week 11 are pretty much meaningless. ;-)

I am a simple fantasy owner... I build teams that can make the playoffs, and then I take the playoff caliber teams and win titles. How much I score...how badly I beat certain owners, how much of a lead I have at X point of the season, etc...never comes into my play in my head.

I am definitely an alumni of JWBU (Just Win, Baby University), and the "list" of TDMMC fantasy titles I've won so far backs that up fairly solidly, methinks. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2010, 04:04:56 pm »

And I'm on my way to 6-4.

Wow, I really had some bad luck this week.  Should have started Mike Thomas and Peyton Manning seemed determined not to throw a TD pass.   

And the Buc's goal line stand killed me, too.   

Playoff chances aren't looking good right now.   

Should have started Hightower, too.   

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 04:23:09 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2010, 04:33:28 pm »

And I'm on my way to 6-4.

Wow, I really had some bad luck this week.  Should have started Mike Thomas and Peyton Manning seemed determined not to throw a TD pass.   

And the Buc's goal line stand killed me, too.   

Playoff chances aren't looking good right now.   

Should have started Hightower, too.   

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda, we can all claim to win matches if we'd just started some guy on our bench :-)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2010, 05:32:04 pm »

I swear, following the games today it seems like everyone's looking to mess up my fantasy team this week.   Huh

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2010, 05:41:05 pm »

BTW, I hope we really don't have a consolation bracket.

If you don't make the playoffs, end of story.  Goodbye, season over.

If I don't make it, can I dump all my guys and start bench players in the consolation tournament?   

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2010, 06:50:29 pm »

Here's how you know it's not going to be your day in fantasy:

- When one of your RBs fails to score on three straight carries from the one yard line : (   

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2010, 06:54:30 pm »

If you don't make the playoffs, end of story.  Goodbye, season over.

If I don't make it, can I dump all my guys and start bench players in the consolation tournament?   

The answer to any fantasy question that involves the word "dumping" is always a resounding "NO." You never do ANYTHING that can affect the competitive balance of a fantasy league.

Two thoughts here, 4Lifer... One, a fantasy brotherly pep talk, the other a fantasy commissioner's stern warning. Please consider both as sincere.

1) Even at 6-4, not only are you still over .500, but you're still in line for one of the 4 playoff spots. Are you having a manic-depressive kinda thing here? Super high before the matchup, massive depression after a loss? Chill a little bit, don't get overly freaked out about a single fantasy loss, and come back next week and get back on track with a win. If I had to drop a fantasy-savvy dollar on which 4 teams will end up in the playoffs, Team Dumass would still be on my betting slip.

2) If you (or anyone else) dump your roster in a TDMMC fantasy league where I'm the commish (which is pretty much all of them), three things will happen:

* First, I'll freeze the dropped players and place them back on your roster.
* Second, I'll lock your roster for the remainder of the season so you can't make any transactions.
* Third, with a significant amount of sadness, I'd regrettably inform you that I could no longer invite you into future TDMMC fantasy leagues

I truly enjoy having you compete in TDMMC fantasy games, so please...no more talk about unethical things like roster-dumping. I'd much rather hear the perkiness in your voice as you talk about how badly you're going to kick TonyBod's 0-9 ass next week.

Can you dig me, brother? Wink

~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2010, 07:15:16 pm »

***** Ahem,Thread Derail***** Congrats on the 15,000 post count there Mr Stroke....***End derail***

Thank you,back to your previous discussion....
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2010, 08:35:51 pm »

I just have to say, "KING KONG AIN'T GOT SHIT ON ME!"...that is all. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2010, 09:13:51 pm »

The answer to any fantasy question that involves the word "dumping" is always a resounding "NO." You never do ANYTHING that can affect the competitive balance of a fantasy league.

Two thoughts here, 4Lifer... One, a fantasy brotherly pep talk, the other a fantasy commissioner's stern warning. Please consider both as sincere.

1) Even at 6-4, not only are you still over .500, but you're still in line for one of the 4 playoff spots. Are you having a manic-depressive kinda thing here? Super high before the matchup, massive depression after a loss? Chill a little bit, don't get overly freaked out about a single fantasy loss, and come back next week and get back on track with a win. If I had to drop a fantasy-savvy dollar on which 4 teams will end up in the playoffs, Team Dumass would still be on my betting slip.

2) If you (or anyone else) dump your roster in a TDMMC fantasy league where I'm the commish (which is pretty much all of them), three things will happen:

* First, I'll freeze the dropped players and place them back on your roster.
* Second, I'll lock your roster for the remainder of the season so you can't make any transactions.
* Third, with a significant amount of sadness, I'd regrettably inform you that I could no longer invite you into future TDMMC fantasy leagues

I truly enjoy having you compete in TDMMC fantasy games, so please...no more talk about unethical things like roster-dumping. I'd much rather hear the perkiness in your voice as you talk about how badly you're going to kick TonyBod's 0-9 ass next week.

Can you dig me, brother? Wink

Sure, that's why I asked.

I would never want to be banned from TDMMC. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2010, 09:16:44 pm »

It was just a frustrating week with:

- Marshawn Lynch being stuffed three straight times on first and goal from the one

- David Garrard Completing a Hail Mary

- The Bucs Defense stopping the Panthers on fourth and goal, keeping them from crossing the 17 point barrier.   

- Peyton Manning not throwing a TD pass

I was just venting.

I'd never want to disrupt the integrity of any league, bro Grin

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:22:28 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2010, 10:03:54 pm »

^^^ No worries, man...and I can dig your pain on the fantasy front. I've had weeks where I swore that I had the worst luck in the world and couldn't beat a trained chimp in a boxscore.

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray