Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:54:35 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  TDMMC FFL 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Print
Author Topic: TDMMC FFL 2010  (Read 79476 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2010, 09:43:55 pm »

It's pretty sad when the opposing team has a QB with negative points, a defense with negative points and a TE with ZERO points and I still lose. 

You sound like the Jets.  Hold the opposing QB to a total of 5 completions and recover 3 fumbles on defense and still lose. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #256 on: December 13, 2010, 09:46:32 pm »

You sound like the Jets.  Hold the opposing QB to a total of 5 completions and recover 3 fumbles on defense and still lose. 

I see what point your making, but if you EVER say I sound like the Jets again I'll...

*the rest of the post has been omitted due to the rule of not making personal threats to another poster*
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #257 on: December 13, 2010, 11:37:08 pm »

What a crusher for me.  If I'd made the playoffs, I'd be in the championship right now Sad

3 points!!!

One missed FG by Carpenter!!!!!

What a heartbreaking season.   

Well on the second consolation round for me.  And we have funky chicken and the assassins in the championship.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2010, 01:13:52 am »

^^^ I'm thinking a "once through" on the rules would really prove beneficial to you in your quest to understand what's actually going on.

(Playoff matchups are two weeks long... Nobody's heading to the championship yet.)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2010, 01:49:26 am »

^^^ I'm thinking a "once through" on the rules would really prove beneficial to you in your quest to understand what's actually going on.

(Playoff matchups are two weeks long... Nobody's heading to the championship yet.)

I'm interested to see how the consolation tourney works, but it doesn't really give a lot of info.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2010, 03:03:02 am »

I was wondering how much further down the thread someone was going to point this out, despite Darren McFadden giving me a two point advantage, I fear unless I get an awesome week next week you'll still be heading through.

I find it amusing that I could have played with no QB, D/ST or TE  and scored higher than my current score :-)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2010, 07:40:35 am »

I'm just happy to still be in contention, despite the fact that 3 of my starters got injured and couldn't finish their game.

Losing Rodgers on "soooo many" of my FF squads is a tough shot to take at this point of the season though.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #262 on: December 14, 2010, 01:35:49 pm »

I feel silly now...I didn't know it was a two week total to go to the championship game.  Still alive!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2010, 02:07:47 pm »

I'm interested to see how the consolation tourney works, but it doesn't really give a lot of info.   

See the "week 14" and "week 15" links in your boxscore...and on the league scoreboard page? That means that even the consolation bracket matchups are two weeks as well. The winner of your matchup will play the winner of the Stallions-Patriots matchup in weeks 16-17 for the consolation bracket title.

I feel silly now...I didn't know it was a two week total to go to the championship game.  Still alive!

Yeah man, not only are you still alive, but you are in a helluva tight dogfight...

~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #264 on: December 15, 2010, 02:57:43 pm »

Well Stroke I hope that Rodgers plays.....even though I am battling against him by playing you I too have him in 3 other leagues in the playoffs. The first week was pretty close and I hope the second has more of the same. Hell of a match up my friend!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #265 on: December 15, 2010, 02:59:12 pm »

Well Stroke I hope that Rodgers plays.

I don't. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #266 on: December 16, 2010, 04:28:33 pm »

How come the playoff bracket hasnt updated?

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #267 on: December 16, 2010, 08:52:56 pm »

^^^ Because playoff matchups are two weeks long. Look at the scoreboard and you'll see that it shows as two weeks, and if you look at your boxscore, you'll see in a nice tiday column, your total score, then your week 15 score, and then last week's score (the last two add up to the first one). You have one player active in tonight's game, and he hasn't score a fantasy point yet.

Hope that answers your question.

On a "slap myself" note: I committed a serious gaffe at a time when gaffes can't be had. I didn't get in to check my rosters until after kickoff, and as a result, I have Malcolm Floyd active, and he was ruled out at game time and isn't playing.

Ouch...

(lesson to be plucked from this... Even the most veteran fantasy gamers occasionally have brainfarts just like the rookies.)

~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #268 on: December 16, 2010, 11:02:23 pm »

Questions:

Did anybody have Feely last week and get credit for his rushing TD?

Or Stroke, has anybody in one of your leagues ever had Adam Vinatieri or Ryan Longwell and gotten credit for the TD passes they threw?           

I looked in the boxscores and nobody from our league had Feely going.

I just want to say, if I had missed on the playoffs my first year because my opponent's kicker threw for or ran for a TD, I probably would have quit fantasy football forever.     Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:27:01 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #269 on: December 17, 2010, 01:37:42 am »

Yes...and yes

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray