Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:53:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Browns.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Browns.  (Read 15842 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 02:21:01 pm »

For the record, I think Henning deserves it more than Henne.

I agree Henne had a bad game, but Peyton Manning threw 8 INT's in 2 games, and no one wants to run him out of town.

People need patience.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 02:29:11 pm »

It's not just the INT's. The guy is like the statue of liberty in the backfield. He's been sacked 17 times this year, because he has no idea how to throw the ball away. Why do you think we sent Thigpen in for Wildcat plays in the Oakland game? If you lack mobility AND you throw the ball to the other team nearly twice per game, you're going to get blamed for losing some ball games. -EK

Because Henne has a bad knee.  If Thigpen were the answer, he would have started.  I don't know if Henne is the answer or not, but fans need to have some patience with our young players.  A lot of fans of other teams would be happy with 6-6 right now.  Dolphins fans are spoiled and want an immediate winner or fire everyone and start over every year.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 02:30:03 pm »

fans need to have some patience with our young players.  A lot of fans of other teams would be happy with 6-6 right now.  Dolphins fans are spoiled and want an immediate winner or fire everyone and start over every year.

At least SOMEONE has some sense around here...
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 02:54:48 pm »

Why do you think we sent Thigpen in for Wildcat plays in the Oakland game?

While I agree Henne is not a mobile QB, didn't they do that because he still had a bad knee or something like that?

Edit- Sorry Stl Fan, I just saw your response.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 03:02:50 pm »

Really? Bad knee? Did you see the game yesterday? Knee looked fine when he scrambled. He had his best rushing day of the year. What about the ridiculous sacks he takes every other week when he knee is fine? It's not that we're spoiled- it's that when you have numerous bad seasons, then go 11-5, you expect to not take so many steps backwards after adding a Dansby and a Marshall in the offseason. You're telling me that you honestly think one TD for Marshall this year is not an issue that needs to be addressed from the QB standpoint? And don't give me the "He commands double teams" stuff. Only six other players have caught TD passes this year, and none have more than 4- and he's a tight end. Our most productive receiver has been Bess in terms of TDs with three. That's poor QB play. How about the pass to Fasano he overthrew at the end of the half against Baltimore? A pee wee league QB could have made that one. What about the INT in the end zone to end the Jets game?
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 03:05:30 pm »

^ perfect example of what I was talking about

For the last time: No one is saying Henne is an all pro, but give the guy a chance.  Blame for sacks goes to the o line.  Yes, he has made some really bad decisions, but we can't just throw another rookie in there every year and expect him to produce immediately. Free agency won't work because no team is going to let any qb worth a damn get away.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 03:10:11 pm by StL FinFan » Logged

Marcus Tullius Cicero
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 03:08:36 pm »

^ perfect example of what I was talking about

How so? Curious to your solution? Keep everything the same so we can stay mired in mediocrity? Since when is having higher expectations a bad thing? -EK
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 03:10:40 pm »

^ read my modified post

Having higher expectations is fine so long as they are reasonable.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 03:17:19 pm »

Fair enough. You modified it after I posted. How many years or games do you give Henne before he should be pulled though? It makes it double tough (or triple I guess) that while we keep doing well enough to keep from getting a high draft pick, but not well enough to show real growth, the Pats and Jets just keep trucking along. I can't be the only one here thankful for Jake Long, but still wondering how we passed up on Matt Ryan after he won his, what- 13th? come from behind victory of his short career, including 6 this year alone? -EK
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 03:20:03 pm »

I give Henne at least the rest of the season, then bring in some competition to push him next preseason, if there is a next season.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 03:25:14 pm »

My point exactly- what competition? JaMarcus? Ramsey again? The free agent market is sparse, and the current regime has shown they will not use a high draft pick (which we wouldn't have anyway, likely finishing 8-8) on a QB. So who is going to push him?
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 03:28:59 pm »

My point exactly- what competition? JaMarcus? Ramsey again? The free agent market is sparse, and the current regime has shown they will not use a high draft pick (which we wouldn't have anyway, likely finishing 8-8) on a QB. So who is going to push him?

Well if that's true, then where are we going to get another QB if we get rid of Henne?  They need to draft at least one guy and look at current backup QB's.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2010, 03:39:22 pm »

Well I will get all sorts of flack for this but everyone says that we need to give Henne a chance. I have seen all I need to see out of Henne. I have not seen all I want to see of Thigpen though. Where was his chance ? The whole 5 quarters he got this year after being on the practice squad and a short week to practice ? Shit, the season is over and if Henne can't win the next game pretty soundly, I say give Thigpen the rest of the year.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 03:41:26 pm by badger6 » Logged
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 03:42:07 pm »

^^ Completely agree. Stl- how do we get another QB? The same way we got Brandon Marshall. We pony up some picks or players or both and trade for one. I, for one, would like to see Thiggy get a few more snaps than he has gotten so far. Even if he completely sucked the rest of the year, we aren't going to catch Pitt, Baltimore, NY or NE for a playoff spot anyway. -EK
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 03:44:46 pm »

Henne is still the starter so obviously they have less faith in Thigpen.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray