Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:34:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins on Bill Cowher's short list
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins on Bill Cowher's short list  (Read 13658 times)
tubba marxxx
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 07:38:54 pm »

Don't get too jacked up about this...name one HC that won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.....don't worry I'll wait
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 02:21:38 am »

Don't get too jacked up about this...name one HC that won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.....don't worry I'll wait

nobody has. So what? So that means you keep Sparano around because of that stupid stat?

I don't care if we hire Cowher, Harbaugh, Gruden, or some other assistant. Bottom line is FIRE SPARANO because he sucks!

It was only a couple years back that a DOME team never won a Super Bowl ever. Guess what that stupid stat went away real fast with the Saints, Indy...etc. I don't care if a coach has never won in 2 different cities. It's a stupid stat that will go away someday. And nobody should base their coaching decisions on it!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:24:17 am by MikeO » Logged
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 04:27:38 am »

I don't care if a coach has never won in 2 different cities. It's a stupid stat that will go away someday. And nobody should base their coaching decisions on it!!

Like a former NFL great said all stats like that mean is it's overdue to happen.  Grin  LOL
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 10:46:42 am »

Dansby as our sole MLB solves a lot of problems. Misi is a perfect 4-3 OLB.

Dansby is playing at an elite level right now, by far the best player on our team (either side of ball) IMHO. Would he make a good MLB? That doesn't seem to be the role he's filling right now (Crowder's role is closer, IMHO). There's a difference between playing (sole) MLB and one of two ILBs...
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 11:42:51 am »

How about we actually have a bit of real discussion on this whole Bill Cowher subject?  I don't really know a whole lot about Bill, so perhaps some of you know a bit more than I do and could fill me in.  I'd like to know the following.

1)  When Bill was with the Steelers, did they have offensive and defensive coordinators or did Bill fill one of those positions?
2)  Did Bill call the offensive plays?  If not, who did?  And the Defense?
3)  Do you think Bill would keep Nolan?
4)  Do you think Bill would keep Ireland?
5)  Does Bill use a 3-4 or 4-3?  If he's a 4-3 kind of guy, would he be willing to keep it a 3-4 or would he change it?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2010, 11:59:10 am »

1.  They had OC and DC.  Not only in name but also in function. According to what I have read it was rare for him to ever meet with just one unit.  He would address the team as a whole.  But the OC and DC would coach their respective units.

2. see above.  he did called the defense at KC when he was he dc.  His strongest specialty is special teams, not offense or defense. 

3. no idea.

4. bigger question is he demanding full control and want to be GM too or is he just gonna coach

5. 3-4.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
tubba marxxx
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2010, 02:15:50 pm »

nobody has. So what? So that means you keep Sparano around because of that stupid stat?

I don't care if we hire Cowher, Harbaugh, Gruden, or some other assistant. Bottom line is FIRE SPARANO because he sucks!

It was only a couple years back that a DOME team never won a Super Bowl ever. Guess what that stupid stat went away real fast with the Saints, Indy...etc. I don't care if a coach has never won in 2 different cities. It's a stupid stat that will go away someday. And nobody should base their coaching decisions on it!!

Because nobody has a legacy anymore because owners listen to fans like you who call for a coaches head every 2 - 3 years..
bsfins
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2010, 04:36:17 pm »

1)  When Bill was with the Steelers, did they have offensive and defensive coordinators or did Bill fill one of those positions?
2)  Did Bill call the offensive plays?  If not, who did?  And the Defense?

Defensive Coordinators first ,then the offensive Coordinators... Team Record

‘92 Dom Capers   Ron Erhardt  11-5
‘93 Dom Capers   Ron Erhardt  9-7
‘94 Dom Capers   Ron Erhardt  12-4
‘95 Dick Lebeau  Ron Erhardt   11-5
‘96 Dick Lebeau  Chan Gailey 10 -6
‘97 Jim Haslett     Chan Gailey 11-5
‘98 Jim Haslett   Ray Sherman  7-9
‘99 Jim Haslett   Kevin Gilbride  6-10
‘00 Tim Lewis    Kevin Gilbride   9-7
‘01 Tim Lewis    Mike Mularkey  13-3
‘02 Tim Lewis    Mike Mularkey  10-5
‘03 Tim Lewis    Mike Mularkey   6-10
‘04 Dick Lebeau  Ken Wisenhunt 15-1
‘05 Dick Lebeau  Ken Wisenhunt 11-5
‘06 Dick Lebeau  Ken Wisenhunt 8-8
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2010, 05:10:17 pm »

It's interesting that most of those guys had 3 years or less in the orginization.  3 years seems like an adequate amount of  time to make a determination on someone's ability.  Just an observation.

bsfins
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2010, 05:18:47 pm »

^^ Some of those guy's were on the staff,Like Lebeau was Defensive backs coach Like '93,'94 before being promoted...That's just the Offensive,and Defensive coordinators
tubba marxxx
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 05:22:24 pm »

It's interesting that most of those guys had 3 years or less in the orginization.  3 years seems like an adequate amount of  time to make a determination on someone's ability.  Just an observation.

if by make a determination of someone's ability you mean promote them..then you're right

Dom Capers - left the Steelers to become the HC of the Panthers
Dick LeBeau - left the Steelers to become the HC of the Bengals (obviously is back)
Jim Haslett - left the Steelers to become the HC of the Saints
Mike Mularkey - left the Steelers to become the HC of the Bills
Ken Wisenhunt - left the Steelers to become the HC of the Cardinals
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 05:25:40 pm »

Yes, I do.  It works both ways.  3 years is enough time to find out what you have, either good or bad.  If it's good then you move on to better things, if it's not....

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2010, 06:48:32 am »

Yes, I do.  It works both ways.  3 years is enough time to find out what you have, either good or bad.  If it's good then you move on to better things, if it's not....

I totally agree. Nobody is expecting a super bowl ring in 3 years. But at least some signs that he is the guy that will get the job done someday. With Sparano there are no signs of that. None at all.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2010, 12:42:58 am »

I don't know that Sparano will ever win a Super Bowl, but I think that we've been a better team this year over last year.  He took over a 1 win team and is sitting at about a .600 winning percentage.  Though frustrating at times, the guy has his accomplishments.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2010, 01:13:42 am »

I don't know that Sparano will ever win a Super Bowl, but I think that we've been a better team this year over last year. 

What gams do you watch on Sunday? We were far worse this year. If Brandon Marshall's name was "Joe Smith" people would be comparing him to Ted Ginn. Marshall dropped a ton of balls this year and made only a handful of plays. And only his "reputation" is saving him from the Ginn comparisons in the eyes of many. But realisticly Marshall had a Ginn type year.  Our corner play is far worse than it was last year. Sean Smith regressed and Jason Allen forced to play so much early and play as horrible as he did was a huge step back. Ronnie and Ricky were worse this year than last. Also the o-line was worse this year than last. Our QB situation was worse this year than last. Special teams were worse this year than they were last.

This team took huge steps backwards at almost every position over last year.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray