Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:45:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins on Bill Cowher's short list
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins on Bill Cowher's short list  (Read 13636 times)
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2010, 04:40:27 am »

This team took huge steps backwards at almost every position over last year.

yeah have to agree with that!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2010, 09:49:47 am »

I don't know that Sparano will ever win a Super Bowl, but I think that we've been a better team this year over last year. 
I think it's been about the same and most of the credit goes to Nolan for improving the Defense.  The offense has regressed.

He took over a 1 win team and is sitting at about a .600 winning percentage.
But he's under .500 for the passed 2 years.  He's had 1 good season out of 3 and he has had more talent to work with in the last 2 years bringing in high-priced free agents like Dansby and Marshall.  Everyone expected more, including him.  He'd be the first to tell you that they under achieved this year.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2010, 07:09:35 pm »

With then Giants losing to GB today, Coughlin will be fired. Which means Cowher will probably get his wish and #1 choice, which is to be the head coach of the Giants.

So, Cowher to Miami is probably not gonna happen.

Which leaves us with the Gruden, Fox, Fisher group.

Obviously Fisher would be my next choice with Gruden a close 2nd. Fox 3rd.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2010, 08:48:02 pm »

None of the above...Nolan or Harbaugh.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 06:31:11 am »

None of the above...Nolan or Harbaugh.

Harbaugh is going to MICHIGAN according to some reports. And if he has his selection of NFL jobs, Miami will be down on the list. Considering you will have Carolina and SF, both better jobs. Carolina he can stay with Luck his QB. SF he can stay on the west coast.

Nolan can't stay he is part of the problem. Plus, he might get the job in Minny. OR, if Sparano gets the job in Minny, he can follow Sparano there and be with his buddies. And Ross is a "big name"/"big ticket" type of guy. Nolan doesn't fit.

Both are unrealistic options. We are looking at the Gruden, Fisher, Fox group for our next head coach. Those are REALISTIC options for the Dolphins
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2010, 09:59:49 am »

Both are unrealistic options. We are looking at the Gruden, Fisher, Fox group for our next head coach. Those are REALISTIC options for the Dolphins

Why is Fox or Fisher a realistic option?

Aren't both of those guys teams (Carolina, Tennessee) stinking it up as well?

I'm still not big on Gruden like most people I'd like Harbaugh or a Tony Dungy then Cowher not sure after that...

Harbaugh is going to MICHIGAN according to some reports.

I'm not sure about the Michigan thing for Harbaugh... I don't see him passing up an NFL job even for his alma mater.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 10:03:52 am by Diehard_Dolfan » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2010, 12:38:24 pm »

I'd love to have Tony Dungy here.  Too bad he doesn't want to coach anymore.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 03:39:21 pm »

Harbaugh is going to MICHIGAN according to some reports. And if he has his selection of NFL jobs, Miami will be down on the list. Considering you will have Carolina and SF, both better jobs. Carolina he can stay with Luck his QB. SF he can stay on the west coast.

Nolan can't stay he is part of the problem. Plus, he might get the job in Minny. OR, if Sparano gets the job in Minny, he can follow Sparano there and be with his buddies. And Ross is a "big name"/"big ticket" type of guy. Nolan doesn't fit.

No hard evidence Fisher is being fired or resigning. I do not see the love with Fox, he does not seem a huge upgrade at coach.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2010, 05:23:45 pm »

No hard evidence Fisher is being fired or resigning. I do not see the love with Fox, he does not seem a huge upgrade at coach.

The speculation is Bud Adams is going to fire Fisher after the season. Has been for weeks. Which is why his name is in the mix for every job.

Fox has an owner that spends ZERO money and you can't win in this league with that type of owner
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray