Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:08:08 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins on Bill Cowher's short list
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins on Bill Cowher's short list  (Read 13680 times)
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« on: December 19, 2010, 04:13:36 pm »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-bill-cowher-miami-dolphins-1219,0,2067463.story

Just read this what do you guys think?

just saying...
Stinger24

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 04:25:33 pm »

This should get done tonight this coaching staff absolutely needs to be fired immediately. This playing not to lose philosophy has cost us all year and we need a change NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 04:41:27 pm »

can he bring rapistberger with him? otherwise, it doesn't matter who is coaching this team with henne as the qb
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 04:44:36 pm »

As of right now, I'm all for it...give me a few hours to get my common sense back...too livid to think right now.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 06:41:28 pm »

No doubt. Marino sits right next to him every week. Dan must be the middle man to get this deal done.

Ross should be on the phone with Marino tonight. And should try and get this done by Week 17. Don't let other teams beat us to the punch for Cowher.

Miami is eliminated from the playoffs. We can fire Sparano at any time now. No need to wait till the day after the last game. Lets be proactive and get a jump on things
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 07:08:17 pm »

he'll have to find a starting caliber nfl qb... otherwise he isn't going to win shit
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 07:16:42 pm »

he'll have to find a starting caliber nfl qb... otherwise he isn't going to win shit

Hey rome wasn't built in a day.

First step is to get a legit Head coach and GM. Then they can find the QB.

Gotta walk before you run. So lets get rid of the garbage known as Sparano/Ireland and lets get the right people in place and trust them to find a QB
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 07:19:05 pm »

I only hope that if we hire a new coach, he keeps the defense intact and retains Nolan...I wouldn't be opposed to having Nolan as the head coach.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 07:20:14 pm »

I only hope that if we hire a new coach, he keeps the defense intact and retains Nolan...I wouldn't be opposed to having Nolan as the head coach.

Im not that in love with Nolan. What I saw today as a defense that is healthy get eaten alive by Ryan Fitzpatrick!

No coach on this team should be safe. They all have failed this year. EVERY ONE of them! Nolan included!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 07:25:01 pm »

Im not that in love with Nolan. What I saw today as a defense that is healthy get eaten alive by Ryan Fitzpatrick!

No coach on this team should be safe. They all have failed this year. EVERY ONE of them! Nolan included!

In the last 7 games opposing teams haven't scored more than 17 points on MIA.  We rank in the top ten in defense.  Nolan and the defense is the only bright spot this year.  It's not his fault that the offense can't score more than 17 points.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 09:28:07 pm »

Like Gregg Williams, Dom Capers, Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, or, yes, Cam Cameron, Mike Nolan is overmatched as a head coach and should stick to what he's good at: being a coordinator.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 09:42:33 pm »

Like Gregg Williams, Dom Capers, Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, or, yes, Cam Cameron, Mike Nolan is overmatched as a head coach and should stick to what he's good at: being a coordinator.

Maybe you're right, but I wouldn't be opposed to giving Nolan a second chance as a HC.  He failed pretty bad in SF, but he already has an established defense in MIA.  I guess the reason I'd want him as HC is because I'm confident someone will hire him as their HC next year, and I don't want to lose him running our defense.  I think if he can get a decent OC and leave that part alone for the most part, we could have a pretty damn good team.  It's not like I'm 100% confident he'd succeed as a HC, but I wouldn't mind giving him a chance.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 04:08:02 pm »

In the last 7 games opposing teams haven't scored more than 17 points on MIA.  We rank in the top ten in defense.  Nolan and the defense is the only bright spot this year.  It's not his fault that the offense can't score more than 17 points.

And yet, the defense is nothing more than average at best.  They can't tackle.  They can't get turnovers.  They can't pressure the QB.  These are, IMHO, the most important traits a defense can have and ours has none of these.  Nolan has not impressed me at all this year, so I'd prefer Ross hire from outside the organization.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 04:15:33 pm »

The problem that I have with judging this defense right now is that the offense has been so anemic.  Teams like the Bills didn't really feel the need to attack the defense.  They felt comfortable just putting up like 17 points.  If they Dolphins had scored 28, would the defense have held the Bills to 17 then?  I seriously doubt it.

I'm happy the defense it playing better than it did last year, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  We need to see more of the same from the defense next year with a revamped offense before we start judging.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 06:00:19 pm »

What we need on defense is to play a 4-3 and NOT a 3-4.

Solai and Starks at DT would be perfect. Wake as a RDE would dominate. Dansby as our sole MLB solves a lot of problems. Misi is a perfect 4-3 OLB.

We have 4-3 talent we are forcing to play 3-4. It has worked for the most part, but in a 4-3 I think we would be even better on our front 7 at least. Same problems we would still have in the secondary but thats a different story.

Granted Cowher is a 3-4 guy but I would trust him to fix all of our problems on defense as that was his specialtiy in Pitt. So he can run what he wants as far as I'm concerened if he came here
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray