Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:30:47 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137214 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2011, 09:13:01 am »

Really? One game makes them right? What about all the non-haters who were "right" last week? Give me a break. -EK

They were "right" for two series of an entire game.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2011, 09:14:36 am »

No, he's not.  Michigan beat that ass in the 2008 Capital One bowl, Lloyd Carr's last game (and interestingly enough, a game in which Chad Henne played really well).

You aren't even talking about the same person I am. You should read closer. You also left off the biggest qualifier, Tebow didn't start four bowl games in his career.

Hint: check out my avatar, or at least see what I quoted.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:44:38 am by Phishfan » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2011, 10:30:13 am »

You aren't even talking about the same person I am. You should read closer. You also left off the biggest qualifier, Tebow didn't start four bowl games in his career.

Or, look at page 3 of this thread... Roll Eyes
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2011, 01:32:18 am »

Or, look at page 3 of this thread... Roll Eyes

Hey, my bad!  I definitely jumped to conclusions on this one and--Brian, you're right--didn't read the whole thread before making my comment.  Granted, I assumed the statement was regarding Tebow due to the subject line, and for whatever reason, started out at the 4th page, but how I missed the fact it was about Pat White when I believe he was quoted in Phish's post itself... Cheesy I hope that I can chalk it up to a lack of sleep these days. 

Regardless, as we all know, that's what I get for ass-uming anything.  I come off looking like the jackass.  Oh well...I just need to be more careful next time.  At least I can admit when I'm wrong, unlike a few *cough**cough*...other posters around here.   Wink  Once again, though, sorry about that, Phish. 

I'm surprised that any Dolphin fan wouldn't know who the only college football QB to go 4-0 as a starter in bowl games is.

The good news is, I hear he's available...

Spider, just because I made a silly mistake, doesn't mean there's a need to question my Dolphins fandom.  I love the 'Phins probably as much as any of the rest of you (actual Dolphins fans) on here.  If you could ask anybody that knows me, I think that's one of the first things they'd say about me, for better or worse...and at this point I think they just feel sorry for me.   Cheesy...... Embarrassed

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2011, 01:40:21 am »

Phish, I don't think you'll be able to stay too mad at me once you find this out anyways...though I never say anything about it because I feel like I would come off as a poser, since I never have lived there a day in my life and have only been there for one week for a family reunion over ten years ago, but my dad's side of the family all are from West Virginia, and my grandfather actually played for WVU from 1951-1954 (or maybe it was from '52-'55).  Anyways, he played a lot for them his last two seasons there, and I actually have his watch from the 1954 Sugar Bowl against Georgia Tech that was given to me a few years after he died in 1998.  So, even though I'm not the biggest WVU fan (though again, I probably should be since my granddad actually played for them, ha ha), I know their football, so the fact that I didn't realize/remember Pat White was 4-0 in bowl games and the fact it related to a post on my NFL team is a little ironic, I guess.....

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2011, 02:54:13 am »

Spider, just because I made a silly mistake, doesn't mean there's a need to question my Dolphins fandom.  I love the 'Phins probably as much as any of the rest of you (actual Dolphins fans) on here.
Not questioning your fandom; I'm just surprised that you hadn't heard about how Pat White Was The Only 4-0 Quarterback in Bowl Games.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2011, 08:44:42 am »

^^^^ I might have forgotten but I didn't know that either. Unfortunately , I think I forget something everytime I learn anything new these days.  Undecided

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2011, 09:21:06 am »

Phish, I don't think you'll be able to stay too mad at me once you find this out anyways...though I never say anything about it because I feel like I would come off as a poser, since I never have lived there a day in my life and have only been there for one week for a family reunion over ten years ago, but my dad's side of the family all are from West Virginia, and my grandfather actually played for WVU from 1951-1954 (or maybe it was from '52-'55).  Anyways, he played a lot for them his last two seasons there, and I actually have his watch from the 1954 Sugar Bowl against Georgia Tech that was given to me a few years after he died in 1998.  So, even though I'm not the biggest WVU fan (though again, I probably should be since my granddad actually played for them, ha ha), I know their football, so the fact that I didn't realize/remember Pat White was 4-0 in bowl games and the fact it related to a post on my NFL team is a little ironic, I guess.....

Not mad at all. I was just pointing out the error. Those years are quite a bit before my time so I wouldn't remember your grandfather. Pretty cool you have a Sugar Bowl watch though. That is something to hold on to.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2011, 11:01:18 pm »

Yeah I got into this thread late. Anyway,  I like Tebow which is strange because I usually don't like super-religious pretty boys, but he's a real decent guy, and I hope he switched positions or go's to a wildcat team  Huh because he sucks at throwing passes, I hope he proves all of us wrong though. But maybe he'd make a good safety or TE or something.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2011, 07:38:01 pm »

Tebow  124 yards passing....117 rushing today. Hey its balance. And they won. lol
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2011, 09:09:04 pm »

2-1 with him as a starter....he's not Elway or Marino, but he's also not the 'garbage' haters want to make him. Haters keep hatin though....  -EK
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2011, 10:24:01 pm »

He still missed some passes he should have completed, but he and the rest of the team came together to pummel the Raiders when it mattered.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2011, 10:58:27 pm »

I feel sorry for Broncos fans.  Really, I do.  The best thing for them is for Tebow to crash and burn quickly.  For him to creep around and keep the starting job -- that's going to cripple them in the long run.

A QB that can't throw is not a viable QB strategy.  It's good that Tebow's making the best of it.  I wish him well.  He's a nice guy and a good teammate.  But winning is masking the stink.  Eventually, they won't be able to cover it up any more.

I drink your milkshake!
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2011, 11:24:31 pm »

They're not covering anything in Denver.  That's a wretched team.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2011, 12:02:34 am »

So I have been a pretty big Tebow hater for a while.  I just want to point that out before I post the rest.  What if he redefines the QB position?  You have your pure pocket passers, you have your scrambling QBs...what if he is something different and it stays effective?  Sure it's ugly to watch.  If he can pretty much be a running back that throws, maybe he can make a career out of it.  A short career I'd say, but still maybe a successful one.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray