Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:13:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137141 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2011, 12:26:10 am »

Because he's not an RB that can throw.  He's an RB that can't throw.  That's why.

What Tebow is able to do is essentially the option.  ...run like the Wildcat, really.  And that's good.  It's a good change of pace.  But, the NFL doesn't run the option over the long run, because the players are too disciplined and evenly skilled for it to work.

If Tebow does redefine the position and becomes a successful player at the position, I will hapilly eat crow. 

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2011, 12:47:45 am »

I agree that AT BEST he may become an average NFL QB.  I was just playing devil's advocate a bit, and to quote Dumb and Dumber.  "So like one in a thousand?  More like one in a million.  So your saying there's a chance!"
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2011, 02:58:07 am »

His stats today reaffirm my belief he is a fullback with a decent arm
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2011, 05:56:41 am »

The TD pass to Royal was more than a Wildcat momment or a FB with an arm. It was a good throw- an NFL QB throw. I'm not saying he does that consistently, but if you point out the flaws, you gotta point out the non-flaws as well. -EK
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2011, 11:15:15 am »

Sure.  He made some nice plays.  Credit given.  It's just

I don't want you think that I hate Tebow.  I want to be wrong about him.  He's a Gator, which I like, he's a "character guy", and above all, he's fun to watch, win or lose.  Him being around in the league is exciting and a good story.

I just don't think he's the guy to make the Broncos (or any team) better in the long run if he's playing a traditional QB role.  If he were to redefine the QB position, like someone before brought up, it would have to be by not playing QB.  ...playing a wildcat hybrid instead.

I drink your milkshake!
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2011, 02:19:33 pm »

Those years are quite a bit before my time so I wouldn't remember your grandfather. Pretty cool you have a Sugar Bowl watch though. That is something to hold on to.

I know, Phish...I'm pretty happy that he decided to have it passed down to me, even though I didn't get it until 8 or 9 years later from my grandmother after his death, after I graduated college/started med. school.  Anyways, I've just had it sitting around for years now, but I need to put a new battery in there...because obviously the old one isn't quite ticking anymore!   Cheesy

As for my opinion on the actual topic at hand...I'm one of those people who have watched Tebow fairly closely (of course, in this day and age of 24/7 media coverage, it's almost hard not to have), and I think I really like the guy, but like most others otherwise, I'm not sure I believe in his QB ability at the NFL level.  Like Dave, though, I'm in agreement that I'd like for him to prove me wrong, because I wish him well.  I think he'll deserve it if he ends up doing well, and I'd hate to see him flame out.  Maybe if he played for a team like the Pats/Jets/Bills, it'd be a different story, but I have no disdain for the Broncos one way or the other, so I wouldn't mind him doing well at all.  Just wish it hadn't happened against our 'Phins 3 weekends ago....  Angry

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2011, 04:17:45 pm »

Everybody keep hating.....talk about how ugly those stats were...whatever. Broncos are now 3-1 with Tebow as a starter. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2011, 05:16:46 pm »

I am not a Tebow hater, but at this point its clear the team is winning in spite of him. 2/8 for an NFL QB in a game is embarrassing.  The coaches didn't even have enough confidence in him throwing more than 10 passes today.

He wins though. Rather be lucky than good, but he sucks as a QB. That is clear as day.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2011, 05:30:41 pm »

I am not a Tebow hater, but at this point its clear the team is winning in spite of him. 2/8 for an NFL QB in a game is embarrassing.  The coaches didn't even have enough confidence in him throwing more than 10 passes today.

He wins though. Rather be lucky than good, but he sucks as a QB. That is clear as day.

He's not really playing a traditional quarterback, though. They've gone full-out option. 50-some runs to 8 passes. Tebow had more keepers than he did pass attempts.

While he's CLEARLY not a good passer, that's not the whole story. He can run *and* doesn't throw interceptions. Orton was a freakin' interception machine before they put in Tebow.

The Broncos are two games out of the division lead with 7 to go. Honestly, Orton might still give them a better chance at winning the division, but they aren't going anywhere this year. What harm is there in trying to develop Tebow and see how far you can push him?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2011, 05:34:39 pm »

He's not really playing a traditional quarterback, though. They've gone full-out option. 50-some runs to 8 passes. Tebow had more keepers than he did pass attempts.

While he's CLEARLY not a good passer, that's not the whole story. He can run *and* doesn't throw interceptions. Orton was a freakin' interception machine before they put in Tebow.

The Broncos are two games out of the division lead with 7 to go. Honestly, Orton might still give them a better chance at winning the division, but they aren't going anywhere this year. What harm is there in trying to develop Tebow and see how far you can push him?

Nothing is wrong with it and he wins games. Can't deny that. But Week 1 next year no way Tebow is starting in Denver. Not a chance. It's a gimmick offense (like year 1 of the Wildcat in Miami)......come year 2 teams will be able to stop it.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2011, 05:37:34 pm »

So basically you are paying first round QB money for a big running back??
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2011, 05:53:18 pm »

This is a unique situation where both those think Tebow is good and those that think he sucks are using the stats/results to further justify their stance. 

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2011, 06:55:21 pm »

So basically you are paying first round QB money for a big running back??

Tebow is an amazing athlete -- even at the level of the NFL -- but that doesn't equate to being able to play the quarterback position.

So, the Broncos are paying first round money for a player who doesn't really fit the mold of ANY position in the NFL. But he's such an exceptional athlete, that you've got to try.

And the contract he signed is pretty unique. He basically got $2.5M up front and $2M a year for 5 years. The rest of the $33M contract is just incentives. Less than $9M of the whole contract is guaranteed.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2011, 02:31:14 am »

This is a unique situation where both those think Tebow is good and those that think he sucks are using the stats/results to further justify their stance. 

His stats show no promise as a QB. They show an ability to run the ball well.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2011, 05:11:30 am »

Yeah, but those that say "he's a winner" are using the win from those same crappy stat lines to prove their points.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray