Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:32:59 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 138948 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2011, 03:22:45 pm »

Actually his style is perfect for DENVER particularly at home.

Two minutes into the game someone asked me what I thought would happen.  My response was I expected the game to stay close until the 4th quarter and then Denver would be able to march down the field at will. 

A primarily run offense + high altitute = a 4th quarter opposing defense that is so tired they couldn't stop a pee wee team. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2011, 05:30:46 pm »

A primarily run offense + high altitute = a 4th quarter opposing defense that is so tired they couldn't stop a pee wee team. 

The Jets didn't seem tired on that last drive, though...

And although it might have been the lack of oxygen that caused the Jets to all-out blitz on the Tebow touchdown run (I can almost hear Gregg Easterbrook fire off one of his anti-blitz rants), it wasn't because the players were tired.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2011, 06:30:02 pm »

Just so I'm clear on this: before the Jets game, Tebow was going to get blown up by their amazing D, and after he wins, somehow he only wins against shitty teams? The same team that was supposed to beat Denver with their oh-so-great defense got their ass handed to them in the fourth quarter, when it counted, by Tebow who gained 92 yards BY HIMSELF. But he sucks? And you try to further your argument by saying "he's 6-3, not 4-1!" Either way he's three games over .500. That means he's a winner. There's no way to argue the numbers. At all. It doesn't matter how ugly his passes are or how inefficient he "appears" to you. His win last night, and the way he did it, is the leading story on every sports radio show and sports TV. Why is that? Because he sucks? Doubtful... -EK

Even with that "amazing" drive, if it were not for the much improved defense getting a pick 6, there is not even a chance for a "miracle" drive.
Face it, it is only his "supposed" virginity and strict adherence to a religious sect that is driving this hype machine. This guy is Steve Young with worse mechanics and more size.
Until he beats a few legitimate teams, he is a sideshow freak.
For the record the Jets D is way overrated this year, just like the Eagles Dream Team.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2011, 06:47:35 pm »

Mayock said it best last night, the problem with Tebow is no two passes he throws look alike. When he throws a ball it could go anywhere and everywhere, even he doesn't know.

If he spends an entire offseason throwing like 200 balls a day, he might kill his arm for a bit, but if he could even become an ok to mediocre passer he would have a starting job in this league for some time.

But at this rate he is a gimmick running a gimmick offense. And he will keep starting as long as he wins. But with all gimmicks, eventually the league catches on to them and its over.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2011, 06:50:00 pm »

BSmooth- Ridiculous argument- you play the schedule you're given. He's won 4 out of five games, and don't forget, he nearly won the San Diego game for them when he came in the second half down two touchdowns. I don't think he's the second coming, but I do think he has won at every level he has played, and don't forget, that defense you're talking about lined up every down with Orton under center, and yet somehow they just magically, coincidentally start playing better when Tebow starts, and that has nothing to do with the effect he has on the team? You can't really be that short-sighted can you? No matter what the guy does, some people will absolutely love him, and some will absolutely hate him. Being this short-sighted in your ability to view the world is a character flaw that I hope is limited only to sports. If not, it's called lunacy. -EK
Landshark
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2011, 10:16:10 pm »

Another comeback win for Tebow despite all the trash talk about him. 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2011, 12:10:34 am »

Tebow didn't win that game for him.  McGahee ran for 24 yards to put them in FG range, and Tebow gets all the credit for that too?  What the hell?  He really handed the ball off well to McGahee.

Please.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2011, 12:23:25 am »

Winning is all that matters!  Tebowmania must continue!

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2011, 01:29:22 am »

BSmooth- Ridiculous argument- you play the schedule you're given. He's won 4 out of five games, and don't forget, he nearly won the San Diego game for them when he came in the second half down two touchdowns. I don't think he's the second coming, but I do think he has won at every level he has played, and don't forget, that defense you're talking about lined up every down with Orton under center, and yet somehow they just magically, coincidentally start playing better when Tebow starts, and that has nothing to do with the effect he has on the team? You can't really be that short-sighted can you? No matter what the guy does, some people will absolutely love him, and some will absolutely hate him. Being this short-sighted in your ability to view the world is a character flaw that I hope is limited only to sports. If not, it's called lunacy. -EK

No I am able to look past an unprecedented amount of hype to look at a crappy QB who is only capable of running( quite literally with the 22 rushes today alone). Orton did not make the defense play worse, they did not live up to expectations early in the season and now they are performing at the level expected. Tebow has rushed the most times for a QB since 1950 when the game evolved.
I can also look forward enough to realize he has played one good team and lost badly. He is not even the future of the team. Even his college coach said Tebow was surrounded by lot of talent when he won. There is nothing special about Tebow as a QB or a player, other than the fact he is better rb than most mobile QB's.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2011, 02:34:19 pm »

So...the fact that he is now 5-1, has beaten three teams that were in the playoffs last year, including one that Orton couldn't beat in week five, has 3 come from behind wins, and has beaten the Jets and Raiders (both with winning records) and San Diego (perrenial playoff team), but doesn't play the kind of football you think a QB should means he sucks? I just don't get it. He has a better W-L record this year than anyone not named Aaron Rodgers, but he sucks. The defense suddenly just played better out of sheer coincidence when he became a starter, and yet, he's a crappy QB? Wow....if only Miami had a QB who sucked so bad, that he suddenly could take our team from 1-4 to a game out of first place, and in the playoff hunt. The entire style of the game they play using the option has kept them in all but one game. If he sucks so bad, why isn't every team that Denver plays doing what Detroit did? You have Tebow figured out, so what is it that you know, sitting behind a computer sceen that the Dolphins, Raiders, Chiefs, Jets, and Chargers DON'T know? I mean, since 3 of those teams rank int he top half of the league in total dfense, surely one of them- with an entire coaching staff dedicated to defense- could have figured out what you did, and said, "Egads man! Tebow sucks. We can beat the Broncos based on that alone!" Haters keep hating. -EK
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2011, 02:41:51 pm »

The Broncos are 5-1...not Tebow.  The Broncos defense is playing well.  Tebow is not.

He deserves credit for the times he's played well, but the team is not winning BECAUSE of Tebow.  Over the long haul, Tebow's poor passing will catch up with the team.

I drink your milkshake!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2011, 02:51:09 pm »

You know, I'm not even disagreeing with that. In fact, I think you're right. I just don't understand all the venom for the guy, and the repeated, "he's worse than gonorrhea and genital herpes combined" when, for whatever reason, the guy just keeps winning. One game is an anomaly. Two is a coincidence. Three...um, a trend? 4? 5? If he finishes the season 8-3 as a starter- which isn't that unlikely, with the Vikings, Bills, and Chiefs still ahead of him- who cares if he throws the ball 4 times a game. Denver will be in the playoffs, and 20 other teams will be wondering how they allowed Tebow to get in there and not them. Where would you rather be? A win is a win. -EK
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2011, 03:02:23 pm »

^ A win is not a win, when you're using that data to make decisions for the future.

Past performance is an indicator of future results.  But if you're seeing the Broncos win and are assessing that to Tebow's performance, you're making an error, in my opinion.  If you trust in his play to continue that winning in future seasons, you'll have hurt your franchise.  A win is a win, in terms of what it means on the books, yes -- however, you can't just keep doing those aspects that aren't working and expect to continue winning into the future.

Tebow has Venom spewed at him by his haters, because they feel that he is being unfairly praised for his role in victories.  That's why.  If nobody were over-praising Tebow, nobody would be over-criticizing him.  Each side fuels the other.

If I turn out to be wrong about Tebow, it will be not because I misjudged Tebow, but because I misjudged what it takes to win in the NFL.  I don't think that Tebow will ever be a good passer.  From what we've seen, I think it would be very difficult to realistically make that prediction.  Perhaps his style will change the way the game is played, but like other gimmicks, it will fade and the magnifying glass will focus on the liability of it, when things like the defense and running game hit a slump...which happens will all NFL teams.

My brothers-in-law were giving Tebow credit for how the Broncos defense is playing.  They were saying that he hypes everyone up and they play better.  That is the part of Tebow-mania that I refuse to buy into.  I know he's a great teammate, and I can see his receivers and linemen playing harder, knowing that their QB isn't giving up on them.  ...but that's as far as it goes.  But, EVEN IF IT WERE TRUE, it won't be true forever.  Tebow will eventually have to rely on his arm to get him out of jams, and I think he'll be unable.

I drink your milkshake!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2011, 03:04:48 pm »

Like I said, I don't necessarily disagree with that, but I'd take 6-5 and in the payoff hunt right now over 3-8 and bitching about next year. Wink -EK
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2011, 05:52:33 pm »

You know, I'm not even disagreeing with that. In fact, I think you're right. I just don't understand all the venom for the guy, and the repeated, "he's worse than gonorrhea and genital herpes combined" when, for whatever reason, the guy just keeps winning. One game is an anomaly. Two is a coincidence. Three...um, a trend? 4? 5? If he finishes the season 8-3 as a starter- which isn't that unlikely, with the Vikings, Bills, and Chiefs still ahead of him- who cares if he throws the ball 4 times a game. Denver will be in the playoffs, and 20 other teams will be wondering how they allowed Tebow to get in there and not them. Where would you rather be? A win is a win. -EK

The venom comes from ungodly amount of sugar and praise being hyped onto one player who is benefiting from the whole teams play. McGahee said after the game that they won as a team and no single person did it.
Your so called football vision has ignored the fact the defense is playing much better than the start of the season. Dumerville is back to form and has combined for 10 sacks the last 3 games. The defense keeps the other teams close enough that the offense has a chance to win in the 4th.
Let's not forget it took the Chargers missing a 53 yard FG in OT to win. Who kept the Chargers from getting closer? Was it Tebow?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray