Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:13:10 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137169 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2011, 05:53:24 pm »

A more interesting question, IMHO, is how much will Tebow's passing have to improve for him to keep starting at quarterback in years to come (somewhere, not necessarily in Denver)? He clearly has some skills in the non-passing department...

And CAN he even improve sufficiently? I have to believe that management in Denver (whether its John Fox, Elway, or someone else) will quietly talk to him about getting a coach for the off-season to improve his mechanics etc., privately and away from the Broncos, of course (can't have players actually working out at team facilities during the off-season, trying to better themselves).

Personally, I think he has a chance if he really commits to becoming a better passing quarterback. Otherwise, he'll be lucky to last more than half the 2012 season as a starter.

The issues he has can be worked on and one shouldn't underestimate the fact that he'll have a 11 games of full-speed NFL under his belt (providing he doesn't get injured). A few months of intensive off-season "refinement" of his mechanics and working on defensive reads could allow him really improve next year. And if he can even improve into a slightly below average NFL passer, he has a real shot at sticking around for a while (barring injury).
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2011, 06:29:05 am »

saw a stat yesterday, before Tebow started playing the defense was giving up around 28pts a game. Since Tebow took over they are given up around 20pts a game.

That's why they are winning really
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2011, 09:13:00 am »

And CAN he even improve sufficiently? I have to believe that management in Denver (whether its John Fox, Elway, or someone else) will quietly talk to him about getting a coach for the off-season to improve his mechanics etc., privately and away from the Broncos, of course (can't have players actually working out at team facilities during the off-season, trying to better themselves).

Personally, I think he has a chance if he really commits to becoming a better passing quarterback.

Do you think this is some kind of revelation and hasn't already been done? They have been talking about Tebow working with passing coaches since the draft was still just an upcoming thing for him. How much more can he learn or improve at this stage of the game?
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2011, 09:35:55 am »

Do you think this is some kind of revelation and hasn't already been done? They have been talking about Tebow working with passing coaches since the draft was still just an upcoming thing for him. How much more can he learn or improve at this stage of the game?

Of course he's worked with passing coaches. He did a lot to work on his mechanics leading up to the draft, but during training camp this year, John Fox bemoaned the lockout and the detrimental effect it had on young players, Tebow in particular. Reports from camp indicated that his mechanics had regressed from the end of the 2010 season -- as indeed the fall from presumptive starter to backup proved.

What I'm talking about is spending an insane amount of time working on his mechanics and making some "basic" pro defensive reads. Prior to the draft, he didn't have a set offense, he didn't have the experience of throwing to NFL receivers running a full tree, reading and reacting to NFL defenses... being HIT by NFL linebackers. That body of experience could, if nothing else, instill in Tebow a sense of just how hard he needs to work to become an average NFL passer.

He didn't do that last off-season, for whatever reason, but I think it's POSSIBLE for him to improve significantly. He needs to realize the work that it will take and actually do it... and it will probably take regular feedback from the Broncos coaching staff to sort of guide things in the right direction.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2011, 09:51:27 am »

How much do you think Brady can learn from the game? He works with passing/QB coaches too.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2011, 09:53:37 am »

^^^ I really hope you see the difference in the two situations.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2011, 12:14:07 pm »

saw a stat yesterday, before Tebow started playing the defense was giving up around 28pts a game. Since Tebow took over they are given up around 20pts a game.

That's why they are winning really

Not saying your wrong, without looking at other stats, but this stat on its own can be misleading.  For example if the offense under Tebow is eating up a lot of clock time because he is running the ball, it keeps the other teams' offense off the field, hence it helps Denver's defense.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2011, 04:19:52 pm »

A ha ha ha ha ha! 6-1 as a starter. They're in first place in the freaking division with Oakland. Tebow comes back on the road AGAIN. Come on with it- "it was only Minnesota"; "it was the defense"; he throws funny." Tebow is ridiculous. Haters keep hatin. -EK
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2011, 04:29:25 pm »

I think we can put him with the elite now.  Look at how well he has played.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2011, 04:31:36 pm »

I think we can put him with the elite now.  Look at how well he has played.

Oh, no......don't think for a minute that SOME people will change their minds. Guaran-freaking-tee that the haters will start popping off any moment now. -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2011, 04:38:14 pm »

Yes, he can be placed with elite QBs like Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco.

Because record is the only stat that matters.

fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2011, 04:44:04 pm »

My sarcasm filter is acting up... Tebow 'elite'? That's sarcastic, right? I mean, no one could actually seriously consider him ELITE...
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2011, 04:51:59 pm »

Oh, no......don't think for a minute that SOME people will change their minds. Guaran-freaking-tee that the haters will start popping off any moment now. -EK

He finally had a decent day passing.  But then again Willis had another really good day rushing, and the defense got another pick 6 followed by a second pick. But you are right, it was "only" Tebow.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2011, 05:16:07 pm »

A "decent" passing day? He had a qb rating of 149.3. That's a little more than decent. There's 30 other QB's in the NFL right now that wish they could say, "I've only lost one game this year as a starter." -EK
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #179 on: December 04, 2011, 05:37:17 pm »

A "decent" passing day? He had a qb rating of 149.3. That's a little more than decent. There's 30 other QB's in the NFL right now that wish they could say, "I've only lost one game this year as a starter." -EK

For a football guy you sure ignore a lot of important stats. For instance as of today the Broncos defense has 33 sacks and interceptions. Since Tebow's first start the defense has racked up 20 sacks and 5 picks, to include both "pick 6's" they have. 
While you and the other kool aide drinkers just look at his record, the rest of us will look at the fact the defense has risen up and given the offense the chance to win games late.
But you are right, it is nothing but unadulterated hatred to bring up the fact the Broncos are winning because of other factors not named Tebow.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray