Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:19:40 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137213 times)
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2011, 03:09:09 pm »

Tim Tebow saves a birthday party
http://pntrn.blogspot.com/2011/12/tim-tebow-saves-day.html

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2011, 03:16:40 pm »

So Frimp,   Is PNTRN your latest website? 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #197 on: December 05, 2011, 03:21:33 pm »

Yeah, its one of them. I just wrote that.

shamrock

« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2011, 03:27:06 pm »

It used to be that pro athletes that were all tatted up,with selfish attitudes,and police records were looked at as abnormal.
Along comes a guy with a squeaky clean image,that lives a clean lifestyle and he is looked at as strange.Funny how our society has changed.
Tim Tebow is loved or hated because of his outspoken Christian views.period.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2011, 03:37:59 pm »

It used to be that pro athletes that were all tatted up,with selfish attitudes,and police records were looked at as abnormal.
Along comes a guy with a squeaky clean image,that lives a clean lifestyle and he is looked at as strange.Funny how our society has changed.

I don't think anyone really hates him. I think its more of the media's attitude that he is the second coming of Joe Montana when his team mates are just as responsible for the win as he is. Yet you don't hear about that.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2011, 03:44:28 pm »

Tebow is loved or hated because of his outspoken Christian views.period.

I couldn't give a rats ass about Tebow's religious views, just like I've never cared about Kurt Warner's. I quite liked Warner, though... Really good quarterback provided you could keep him from getting hit. Oddly enough, just about the opposite of Tebow...

Tebow is a bad quarterback. Even his running skills don't get him near 'average'. That said, he's very entertaining and he just might get enough time to develop his passing game sufficiently to stay a starter.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2011, 03:47:44 pm »

I don't think anyone really hates him. I think its more of the media's attitude that he is the second coming of Joe Montana when his team mates are just as responsible for the win as he is. Yet you don't hear about that.

I'm sure there's people in a bunch of different camps as to why they hate him. I know people in my office just hate the guy for a few reasons:
1) He does get a bit preachy at times (I don't know if they just hate religion or what he says)
2) He isn't a traditional quarterback and;
3) He gets all of this praise even though he isn't a good quarterback

That's not my views, but what I have picked up on my office.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2011, 05:44:05 pm »

It just seems a little assanine to keep insisiting that week after week after week, when he has brought back his team to victory, what four or five times now, tha he sucks.
I'm sure you feel the same way about Mark Sanchez and his record-setting 4 road playoff victories, right?

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2011, 05:51:22 pm »

Really, it could be just as easily said he is only loved because of his Christian views. For all of you who claim we hate him because of religion, I challenge you to find such a reference. All I have seen is actual football reasoning why this guy is not a great QB and the singular reason for the Broncos turn around.
On the other hand I can show you a bunch of people who are cheering for him solely because is so open about his religion.
So you can take your "Christians are persecuted" theory and move on with it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2011, 06:35:08 pm »

I was uncomfortable about his outward religiousness in college (when I was a fan of the team he played on), because I felt that it was unprofessional to have bible versus on a uniform that represents a group of many different people with different views.  I don't feel that a football field is the appropriate forum to make religious statements, Christian, Jewish, Atheist, or otherwise. 

In the Pros, however, he's not done that.  Whatever he does in his private time towards helping people in the name of God, I'm totally cool with.  Good for him.

My qualms with him in the pros are solely gameplay-based.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2011, 07:14:07 pm »

I'm sure you feel the same way about Mark Sanchez and his record-setting 4 road playoff victories, right?

ha, good one!
shamrock

« Reply #206 on: December 05, 2011, 11:31:51 pm »

Really, it could be just as easily said he is only loved because of his Christian views. For all of you who claim we hate him because of religion, I challenge you to find such a reference. All I have seen is actual football reasoning why this guy is not a great QB and the singular reason for the Broncos turn around.
On the other hand I can show you a bunch of people who are cheering for him solely because is so open about his religion.
So you can take your "Christians are persecuted" theory and move on with it.
I stated the reason he is LOVED or hated is because of his outspoken views.Nowhere did I state I believed he was "persecuted" for his beliefs.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #207 on: December 06, 2011, 04:23:09 am »

I stated the reason he is LOVED or hated is because of his outspoken views.Nowhere did I state I believed he was "persecuted" for his beliefs.

And I and others have repeatedly made statements about him because of his play( or lack there in) on the field. This turn around is not because of just him. Yet the hype surrounding him since leaving college has been about his "character" and "faith". His proponents have nothing to go on to prove he is the one fundamental difference in the Bronco's turn around except religion.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #208 on: December 06, 2011, 06:49:55 am »

ha, good one!

Yeah, and I follow YOU around looking for places to jab. Hypocrite much?

And Spider-Dan- if Sanchez had won all four of those in ONE season, then yes I probably would feel about the same way. It's not like I'm cherry picking Tebow wins over a span of three years or more. He's won 6 out of 7 games this season. -EK
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2011, 07:21:18 am »

He's won 6 out of 7 games this season. -EK

The Packers' D has won 12 of 12.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray