Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:38:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 138954 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #300 on: December 14, 2011, 09:44:36 am »

then is the best player in his sport

I thought your position that you have been so proud to state many times was that you weren't calling Tebow great. This statement is way past calling him great.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #301 on: December 14, 2011, 10:04:52 am »

Why don't you quote my whole sentence? In the fourth quarter he has the highest QB rating. Don't cherry pick and only pull half a sentence. I didn't create his stats or the way they are evaluated. It is what it is. -EK
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #302 on: December 14, 2011, 10:54:40 am »

^^^ I didn't quote your whole sentence just as you ignored Tebows stats for the first three quarters, if you can pcik and choose, so can I.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #303 on: December 14, 2011, 11:00:19 am »

How am I ignoring them? If I say he's the best player in the league, I'm ignoring them. If I sy he's the best player in the fourth quarter, and that makes him an overall top ten guy, by it's very essence I've taken his entire game into account. -EK
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #304 on: December 14, 2011, 11:13:30 am »

That is delusional. By saying he is the greatest fourth quarter player in the game you account for the entire game? That is some spin that can get you working for a politician as a PR guy. It sounds good, but I'm not buying into it.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #305 on: December 14, 2011, 11:40:23 am »

Can you not read? When did I say he's the best player in the league? I said- for the hundredth time- his outstanding fourth quarter play makes him about the tenth best qb in the league. Where's this number one shit coming from? As with most of the people who dislike Tebow, you're not even responding to what I said. You're responding to something you think I said or something you want to fit your argument. Where- show me please- have I said he's the best qb in the league? Where have I said ANYTHING other than "about tenth???" -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #306 on: December 14, 2011, 07:17:52 pm »

So, I'm guessing by your logic, LBJ is severely overrated because he doesn't perform well throughout the entire game right?
You seem to have gotten our positions confused.

YOU are the one who wants to ignore parts of the game to fit his worldview.  I am 100% in favor of evaluating entire games, which means:

- for LBJ, best player in the league for 3 quarters and a mediocre player for the 4th makes him a top 5 player
- for Tebow, near-worst player in the league for 3 quarters and an awesome 4th makes him mediocre

Would you rather have a guy who is great 3/4 of the game and then disappears in the final quarter, putting his team in a position to lose, or a guy who plays poorly 3/4 of the game and then is the best player in his sport (and don't even try to say he isn't- the numbers don't lie) in the fourth, putting his team in a position to win?
This is exactly what I'm talking about.  You are succumbing to the media fallacy that the 4th quarter is somehow more important than the others.

Would you care to discuss Aaron Rodgers 4th quarter performances this year?  Hell, would you like to discuss them over his career?  Here is a good primer.  But here's the thing: when you do your job in the first three quarters, you don't need 4th quarter heroics to win!

The two biggest stories in the NFL this year are the Packers and Tebow, but ESPN, the NFL, every media outlet, and every sportscaster must ALL be wrong and you guys must be right.
Who is saying Tebow isn't a big story?  Stop inventing strawmen.

P.S. I'm still waiting for you to explain why you rank Tebow above Rivers and Moore when his passer rating is worse.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 07:19:31 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #307 on: December 15, 2011, 01:50:49 am »

Can you not read? When did I say he's the best player in the league? I said- for the hundredth time- his outstanding fourth quarter play makes him about the tenth best qb in the league. Where's this number one shit coming from? As with most of the people who dislike Tebow, you're not even responding to what I said. You're responding to something you think I said or something you want to fit your argument. Where- show me please- have I said he's the best qb in the league? Where have I said ANYTHING other than "about tenth???" -EK

Well earlier in this thread you did call him a one-in-a-million talent. That would make him one of the best players in the league.
shamrock

« Reply #308 on: December 15, 2011, 04:22:14 am »

Great story!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=lc-carpenter_tim_tebow_alex_smith_draft_broncos_121411
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #309 on: December 15, 2011, 07:53:58 am »

^^^^ That was a great read. I'm sure it will get torn apart but it shows that people really do not know Tebow and his relationship with his team. Everyone thinks Tebow is preaching all day and doesn't have time to earn the respect and confidence that his teammates give him. Obviously that isn't true.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #310 on: December 18, 2011, 06:32:41 am »

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/tebow/1374394

From SNL last night. Jesus explains why the Broncos are winning!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #311 on: December 18, 2011, 08:44:32 am »

I sincerely hope the Tebow nonsense continues unabated for another week!

Realistically, though, I think the spread (7.5 points) is probably way low on this game. I fully expect the Patriots to crush the Broncos. New England's defense is pretty bad, but Belichick should be able to scheme his way out of it and shut down the run.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #312 on: December 18, 2011, 09:41:49 am »

I sincerely hope the Tebow nonsense continues unabated for another week!

Realistically, though, I think the spread (7.5 points) is probably way low on this game. I fully expect the Patriots to crush the Broncos. New England's defense is pretty bad, but Belichick should be able to scheme his way out of it and shut down the run.

These are the type of games NE lives for. Like the Jets game last year, when everyone thought the Jets were the "it" team and had all the hype and NE put up like 50+ on them.

Same type of game. Denver has the headlines. Denver has the hype, NE will feed off of it and probably crush them. Hope I am wrong though.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #313 on: December 18, 2011, 04:24:43 pm »

Holy crap.

That was a nice touchdown by Tebow... (And more than just a few Patsies on that drive really need to start making tackles -- that was like watching the Dolphins D in the first half of the season).
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #314 on: December 18, 2011, 04:39:28 pm »

Denver is going to kill the Pats today. NE defense can't stop anyone. Tebow will have his best day as a pro, and the haters will find something to hate.  Huh  -EK

Edit- FYI- got that in when it was still 7-6 Pats. It's 13-7 Denver now.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 04:42:28 pm by EKnight » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray