Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:23:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Free Agency discussion.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Free Agency discussion.  (Read 6826 times)
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 05:20:15 pm »

2) Eli Manning's older brother that isn't named Cooper

I have heard good things about him.....can't remember his name though!!!!!  Wink

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 06:54:34 pm »

I find it funny. Damn near everyone on this board has said nasty and mean things about Dave Wannstedt and his "style" of coaching and running a team when he was in Miami. But the vast majority of you think just like him. Build up a defense and defense wins championships. It's all about defense.

Ya bash Wannstedt but you live and breath his "philosophy" and think just like him... it really is amusing. It just is
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 07:00:27 pm »

No one cares about that anymore MikeO, we've moved on.

There are some major players in the RB department that are potential FA.  Peyton Hillis, Ray Rice, Arian Foster and Michael Bush.  Even though RB isn't a need, I would love to get one of those guys in here.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 07:03:49 pm »

No one cares about that anymore MikeO, we've moved on.

There are some major players in the RB department that are potential FA.  Peyton Hillis, Ray Rice, Arian Foster and Michael Bush.  Even though RB isn't a need, I would love to get one of those guys in here.

Who is this "we" you speak on behalf of?! LOL LOL Give me a break!

No way we spend money on a RB this year. No way in hell. We got a RT, RG issue to sort out. A HUGE void at QB. Needs at TE and WR. On defense a pass rusher (probably will draft one though at 8 or 9) and maybe a CB issue before the Fins can even entertain paying big money on a RB!

RB is a luxury at this point not a need in any way shape or form
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 07:46:34 pm »

...and why can't we have our cake and eat it too?  I think we can fill those needs and get one of those RB.

WR is equal a need as RB...it's a luxury.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 07:56:40 pm »

I find it funny. Damn near everyone on this board has said nasty and mean things about Dave Wannstedt and his "style" of coaching and running a team when he was in Miami. But the vast majority of you think just like him. Build up a defense and defense wins championships. It's all about defense.

Ya bash Wannstedt but you live and breath his "philosophy" and think just like him... it really is amusing. It just is

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 07:57:34 pm »

...and why can't we have our cake and eat it too?  I think we can fill those needs and get one of those RB.

WR is equal a need as RB...it's a luxury.

I know WR is a bigger need than RB. We just drafted a RB in round 2 last year, RB isn't a need. Not this offseason.

Miami needs a WR to stretch the field. You "hope" Gates is that guy. But Hartline is a solid to marginal player, nothing special. Bess is what he is. Miami needs a big play WR far worse than they need a RB. You have Bush who missed games, coming of a 1,000 yard year AND he is in a contract year so he will be motivated!  RB isn't a need this offseason
el diablo
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 08:43:42 pm »

I know WR is a bigger need than RB. We just drafted a RB in round 2 last year, RB isn't a need. Not this offseason.

Miami needs a WR to stretch the field. You "hope" Gates is that guy. But Hartline is a solid to marginal player, nothing special. Bess is what he is. Miami needs a big play WR far worse than they need a RB. You have Bush who missed games, coming of a 1,000 yard year AND he is in a contract year so he will be motivated!  RB isn't a need this offseason

I actually agree with you on the WR front. They need to be able to stretch the field.
At the same time, if they are able to address that right side of the line, the would solve the RB issue. Better blocking means higher rushing average.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 09:21:23 pm »

Do you really think we have a chance at Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Stevie Johnson or Mike Wallace?  It would be nice, but that's a lot of money tied up in the WR position between one of these guys and Marshall. 

I'd rather draft someone like Mohamed Sanu out of Rutgers.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 10:01:07 pm »

Do you really think we have a chance at Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Stevie Johnson or Mike Wallace?  It would be nice, but that's a lot of money tied up in the WR position between one of these guys and Marshall. 

No. None of those big name guys. Miami must look for a 2nd tier WR on the free agent market. Marshall makes too much money to invest in another big name WR. Miami needs a speed guy more than a big name guy and a big reputation.

Going the draft route is fine but I would look towards free agency first at that position.  The draft I would use towards DE, TE, and O-line.

Free agency I would use towards QB and then some WR and secondary help. Need more experience at both spots.
Landshark
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 10:04:26 pm »

For the same reason, we don't have a chance at Ray Rice, Michael Bush, or Arian Foster.  They're gonna want mega bucks.  

I agree with Mike O.  We need a speedy threat opposite Marshall that can keep the safties back, cause defenses to play five defenders, and open up the running game.

Jermichael Finley, Dashon Goldson, Carl Nicks, Peyton Manning/Matt Flynn

Finley will probably get the franchise tag.  Nicks will probably be too expensive.  And after hearing the latest reports about Manning, I'd be more comfortable with Flynn.  It's all going to come down to what Philbin thinks of Flynn.  He knows more about the guy than any of us do.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 01:43:05 am »

No. None of those big name guys. Miami must look for a 2nd tier WR on the free agent market. Marshall makes too much money to invest in another big name WR. Miami needs a speed guy more than a big name guy and a big reputation.

Going the draft route is fine but I would look towards free agency first at that position.  The draft I would use towards DE, TE, and O-line.

Free agency I would use towards QB and then some WR and secondary help. Need more experience at both spots.

That's fine to say and all, but who?  After those guys, second tier speed WR would be Ted Ginn or maybe Brandon Lloyd, who also might want big bucks.  There is a huge drop off from the Top WR free agents and the second tier guys...hell might as well be third tier guys.

I see MIA spending money on one big name FA this year.  I would want in this order:

Healthy Peyton Manning
Matt Flynn
Mario Williams
Arian Foster
Mike Wallace
Ray Rice
Dwayne Bowe
Carl Nicks
Ladarius Webb
Matt Forte

Those are the guys I like.  If I had to guess though, MIA may make a splash with Mario Williams only if a Manning/Flynn contract isn't too over the top.  Maybe Nicks or Wallace/Bowe.  Probably 1 QB in FA and maybe another big name (Williams/Nicks/Wallace/Bowe).

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 07:09:12 am »

That's fine to say and all, but who?  After those guys, second tier speed WR would be Ted Ginn or maybe Brandon Lloyd, who also might want big bucks.  There is a huge drop off from the Top WR free agents and the second tier guys...hell might as well be third tier guys.

Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Robert Meachem, Mario Manningham (probably will be too expensive though but ya never know), Harry Douglas, Early Doucet, Eddie Royal.......one of those types who wouldn't cost a ton and would be fine with the rest of our WR corp.

If you think Miami who just traded for Reggie Bush last year then TRADED up for a RB in Round 2 of the draft will spend big money on another RB this offseason you are fooling yourself. There is no chance of it happening. None!
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2012, 06:31:57 pm »

RB's least of our worries....

NEEDS:  OL help and WR (speedy stretch the defence type) and of course NO> 1 QB.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 01:13:10 am »

Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but thinking about the Dolphins lining up next year with Peyton under center and B.Marshall/R.Wayne/D.Bess/R.Bush on the field makes me envision "Greatest Show on Turf"-type results.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray