Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:47:04 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28 Print
Poll
Question: Now that the logo and uniforms are official:
I love them.  Vast improvement.   -3 (9.4%)
They are just as good as before.   -3 (9.4%)
I disliked them at first, but I'm coming around.   -9 (28.1%)
They suck and I hate them.   -17 (53.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: (Renamed) Official new logo and uniforms  (Read 143460 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2013, 12:25:42 am »

Nothing reminiscent of the Bucs in our orange uniforms. They popped in orange and is the reason so many people like them.
Orange shirts, white numbers, white pants.  The Bucs' orange was lighter, and they had red accents instead of green.  It's all creamsicle to me.

If anything I'd say this new happy blue came for the same pastel color chart as the old Bucs uniform.
Is this a defense of navy blue?  I thought I was the only one who liked it.

In any case, that picture is a particularly good shot, as it shows that the new aqua is almost exactly the same shade as the '97 aqua; the previous uniforms were simply glossy instead of matte.  Furthermore:

- the current (and '97) primary aqua is much darker than the aqua used for the majority of Shula's tenure
- the new darker aqua accents are even darker than that, so if we're going to make comparisons to pastels, the new uniform is a lot better that almost every other previous one

I mean, if you want to argue for navy blue over dark aqua, I can see that; I personally love my navy blue Zach jersey and thought it would have been a MUCH better game alternate than the creamsicles.  But compared to what the Dolphins have historically trotted out on the field, overall I still like the new uniforms.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #301 on: April 29, 2013, 08:16:59 am »

In any case, that picture is a particularly good shot, as it shows that the new aqua is almost exactly the same shade as the '97 aqua; the previous uniforms were simply glossy instead of matte
I think we've discovered your problem in regards to the new uniforms. You are obviously color blind because the 97 jersey and the 2013 jersey are night and day different just in shades of "aqua" alone.   

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #302 on: April 29, 2013, 11:48:07 am »

Night and day!

Tell me, what do you think about the '13 aqua compared to the '70s aqua?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:54:23 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #303 on: April 29, 2013, 11:56:28 am »

I think the two shades are different.  One is matte, one is glossy - yes.  But I also see the '97 version as being a deeper, greener shade of aqua.  The new one is closer to a light blue.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #304 on: April 29, 2013, 03:44:24 pm »

I think the two shades are different.  One is matte, one is glossy - yes.  But I also see the '97 version as being a deeper, greener shade of aqua.  The new one is closer to a light blue.
If I was describing them I'd say the old one was teal green and the new closer to a baby blue.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2013, 03:49:19 pm »

It's further accented by the lack of bold colors on the new uniform.  It's primarily that lighter blue and white, while the 97 uni had prominent dark blue and orange accents.

I drink your milkshake!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2013, 04:40:00 pm »

Orange shirts, white numbers, white pants.  The Bucs' orange was lighter, and they had red accents instead of green.  It's all creamsicle to me.

Almost comical coming from the guy who was arguing over a shade of blue but this is all creamsicle.  Huh   These 2 versions of orange are completely different....in fact it isn't even close.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #307 on: April 29, 2013, 06:23:50 pm »

If I was describing them I'd say the old one was teal green and the new closer to a baby blue.
So I presume that you would say that the Dolphins were playing in "baby blue" for the first 20-odd years?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #308 on: April 29, 2013, 07:01:01 pm »

Almost comical coming from the guy who was arguing over a shade of blue but this is all creamsicle.  Huh   These 2 versions of orange are completely different....in fact it isn't even close.

Creamsicle.

Creamsicle.

Creamsicle.

Creamsicle.

Creamsicle.

Creamsicle.

Also: creamsicles look darker at night.  Just saying.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:03:13 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #309 on: April 29, 2013, 07:22:07 pm »

^^^^ Roll Eyes Still all different colors....much like the blues you were arguing earlier. I also have 2 of the Dolphins Orange jerseys neither of which are anything close to the creamsicle color of Tampa or the Tennessee Orange. Many things looks darker at night so I am not sure how that helps.

I really do think you like to argue/debate just for the sake of arguing/debating.

Either way this is pointless and isn't on point with the conversation so regardless of your response this is the last I will say on this topic. Good Day Sir!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #310 on: April 29, 2013, 07:29:43 pm »

Yes, the reason why I posted the different colors of the creamsicles was because there's more than one shade associated with them.  I never said that the Miami version was the same shade as the TB or TEN versions.

In fact, of the three jerseys I just posted, I'd have a hard time saying that the TB jerseys are the closest to the actual product... yet those are the jerseys that are most widely associated with "creamsicle."

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #311 on: April 29, 2013, 10:15:51 pm »

I've added a poll.

I drink your milkshake!
bsfins
« Reply #312 on: April 29, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »

I can probably get used to the uniforms,but the logo,I don't know.

I have no problems with the Orange uniforms,We so rarely pull them out,it's also not like the ugly throwbacks the steelers wear every year...

I mean, if you want to argue for navy blue over dark aqua, I can see that; I personally love my navy blue Zach jersey and thought it would have been a MUCH better game alternate than the creamsicles.  But compared to what the Dolphins have historically trotted out on the field, overall I still like the new uniforms.

I've got a Chambers navy blue (screen print),and wanted a Marino in the navy blue...I liked those too...
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #313 on: April 29, 2013, 11:15:44 pm »

It's funny -- when you look at the old, old, old unis, the color seems to change.  Some of them do look light blue.  Others have a greenish tint.  Did they change colors more than once?

I drink your milkshake!
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #314 on: April 29, 2013, 11:48:15 pm »

I need a 5th choice.  I can enjoy the simplistic new unis, but they don't actively suck balls like the new logo. 

That logo looks like a turd floating in Bushwood's pool no matter how I look at it.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray