Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:22:32 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  I'm convinced. Ireland and Phibin need to go.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: I'm convinced. Ireland and Phibin need to go.  (Read 15243 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 02:54:40 pm »

That's where I disagree. At least Jax and TB will each have top 2 or 3 overall picks in the draft. That's more valuable than another 12-15 spot that. Miami will have and at the end of the day none of the three teams will make the playoffs. At this point, at least the 1-8 team has a better tool to rebuild with. -EK
Landshark
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2013, 09:45:26 am »

^^^^^^^

And that is what's hurting this team the most.  They are in no man's land.  Not good enough for the playoffs but not bad enough for the top draft picks
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2013, 09:48:45 am »

^^^ Which historically have paid off so well since we have had a #1, #2, & #3 during our struggles. This play for a high pick theory is crap. It is what you do with your picks, no where you select.
el diablo
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2013, 09:50:34 am »

^^^^ Which is exactly why Ireland needs to go.
Landshark
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2013, 12:49:05 pm »

^^^^ Which is exactly why Ireland needs to go.

And Philbin needs to as well
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2013, 04:02:35 pm »

^^^ Which historically have paid off so well since we have had a #1, #2, & #3 during our struggles. This play for a high pick theory is crap. It is what you do with your picks, no where you select.
Our #1 was a good pick. We just failed to hang on to him after a so-so injury season. Our #3 "could" turn out to do pretty well but obviously he isn't going to be an major impact this year.  The #2 didn't turn out to warrant a #2 but he was serviceable. I think it was just a bad year to be bad.

Where we suck is getting impact players from that point on and that's where GMs earn their money. they need to find the Zach, Jason's, Surtain and Madison's for us.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2013, 06:58:53 pm »

Ronnie Brown's value was moderate for a #2.  He was neither a bust nor a great pick.
Jake Long was not the kind of impact you need from a #1 overall LT.  You only make that pick at #1 if you believe he will be a franchise cornerstone.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray