Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:35:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Green Bay does not deserve to win.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Green Bay does not deserve to win.  (Read 7056 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: January 11, 2015, 04:01:28 pm »

That's an absolute travesty. I'm ashamed to say that I'm a fan of the NFL today.  Reminder that I am not a fan of either Dallas or GB but I can say without question that game was stolen from Dallas. I'm rooting against GB from here on out.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:21:07 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 04:07:13 pm »

That's an absolute travesty. I'm ashamed to say that I'm a fan of the NFL today.

What comes around goes around.  Last weeks call was bogus but Jerry Jones had to chime in "That it was the right call!". Should have shut his mouth and taken the victory quietly.

How this wasn't a TD is beyond me, but why was that only Dez's 4th target of the game is what Cowboys fans should really be asking themselves?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 04:09:44 pm »

What comes around goes around.  Last weeks call was bogus but Jerry Jones had to chime in "That it was the right call!". Should have shut his mouth and taken the victory quietly.

How this wasn't a TD is beyond me, but why was that only Dez's 4th target of the game is what Cowboys fans should really be asking themselves?
You can't put this call in the same category as last week's call in my opinion. I thought that call last week could have went either way and didn't take away a certain TD. Heck that call last week didn't even go to instant replay. This is a case where instant replay is broken. I haven't seen a call that bad since the Calvin Johnson catch several years ago where he was in the locker room and set the ball down and they called it incomplete. It's clear that he was stretching the ball out to try to cross the goal line and the ball came out when it hit the ground. This is the same thing that runner's do. If that's not a football move then I don't know what is. This was a joke of a call to be overturned. If that's the right call then the rules have to be changed because they just allowed a team to win that shouldn't have.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:23:41 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 04:12:25 pm »

You can't put this call in the same category as last week's call in my opinion. I thought that call last week could have went either way and didn't take away a sure TD.

Doesn't matter.  It was clear last week that it was PI.  The NFL even admitted it.  But the refs picked up the flag AFTER the call.  Justice was served for the Cowgirls today.

If Green Bay didn't deserve to win today then Dallas certainly didn't deserve to win last week.   
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 04:22:34 pm »

Doesn't matter.  It was clear last week that it was PI.  The NFL even admitted it.  But the refs picked up the flag AFTER the call.  Justice was served for the Cowgirls today. If Green Bay didn't deserve to win today then Dallas certainly didn't deserve to win last week.   
So then Green Bay shouldn't even bother going to Seattle because they HAVE to lose now. The referees MUST ensure it now. This is a ridiculous stance.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 04:38:10 pm »

So then Green Bay shouldn't even bother going to Seattle because they HAVE to lose now. The referees MUST ensure it now. This is a ridiculous stance.

Not my stance at all.  But the old cliche what goes around comes around rings true in Dallas today.  In all honesty, Carolina should've played Green Bay today and Detroit should've played in Seattle last night
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 05:51:16 pm »

Because the Ref's screwed up last week it means you must punish Dallas this week? That logic makes no sense.

Dallas didn't force the refs last week to make a mistake. They shouldn't be punished or have "bad karma" cause the refs messed up
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 06:03:31 pm »

Because the Ref's screwed up last week it means you must punish Dallas this week? That logic makes no sense.

Dallas didn't force the refs last week to make a mistake. They shouldn't be punished or have "bad karma" cause the refs messed up

Bad karma is what it is.  The difference is, the refs actually got it right this week
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 06:15:31 pm »

Bad karma is what it is.  The difference is, the refs actually got it right this week

Whatever Landshark. You missed my entire point
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 07:05:26 pm »

The refs DID get it right this week...Dez Bryant did not make the catch, and Dallas has no right to complain about jack shit. Unless you're arguing that the rule should be changed, there really can't be any argument on that play.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 08:04:48 pm »

Hold on!  All I said was one bad call paid back to Dallas.....but Detroit lost that game last week because of their ultra conservative idiot coach Caldwell.

Dallas lost today because IMO they did not target Bryant nearly enough against a mediocre at best Defence.  Heck that 4th and final target look at the catch (overturned by replay) he made?  This guy should've been targeted a dozen times, saw him lined up one on one multiple times, yet no throw? 

Was it Linehan or Garret trying to sit on a lead in Lambeau field....IMO yes and because of this they lost!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 10:11:44 pm »

The refs DID get it right this week...Dez Bryant did not make the catch, and Dallas has no right to complain about jack shit. Unless you're arguing that the rule should be changed, there really can't be any argument on that play.
I think there is plenty of room for argument. In my opinion Dez was reaching out with the ball to try to stretch it across the goal line which in my book is a football move. If he was making a football move then the pass is complete.

miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 10:18:41 pm »

I think there is plenty of room for argument. In my opinion Dez was reaching out with the ball to try to stretch it across the goal line which in my book is a football move. If he was making a football move then the pass is complete.

Hard to compare it to the Calvin Johnson play as they seem to be doing on most post game shows.

Bryant seemed to be leaning forward after two steps to cross the goal line, ball should have been placed at the 1 yard line where his knee touched.  IMO
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 10:24:38 pm »

Hold on!  All I said was one bad call paid back to Dallas.....but Detroit lost that game last week because of their ultra conservative idiot coach Caldwell.
Well I wasn't responding to you, so it's a bit unfair to quote me and then respond. I was responding to Artiechoke who suggested that justice was served today. That's a very strange stance in my opinion since it means that GB should lose next week on a controversial call simply because they benefitted from a controversial call the previous week.

miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 10:33:40 pm »

Won't matter.

Gonna be New England versus Seattle in the Super Bowl.  Both teams too strong for their opponents.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray