Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:05:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2017 Free Agency News
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: 2017 Free Agency News  (Read 6542 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 09:20:17 am »

Browns have enough picks and cap space to do whatever they want.

Except turn them into roster improvements that will make them a contender.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 09:52:22 am »

A Browns Brock jersey could become a rare collectible item.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 03:19:05 pm »

Except turn them into roster improvements that will make them a contender.

That's been the problem with Cleveland for years.   They can stockpile picks but they keep picking the wrong players and/or when they get the right ones, they can't coach them up properly.

Browns have enough picks and cap space to do whatever they want.

Cleveland offers you Osweiler and one of their threel second rounders for Garoppolo.  Do you pull the trigger on that deal?

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 03:29:19 pm »

Cleveland offers you Osweiler and one of their threel second rounders for Garoppolo.  Do you pull the trigger on that deal?

No one takes on that contract.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 03:53:35 pm »

Make it a 2 and something else as well and I would consider it. Only difference between Garrappolo and Osweiler is that one played for New England and 1 didn't.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2017, 04:21:36 pm »

No Browns offered #13 for Jimmy G.  I would take that.  BB wants #13 plus a conditional 2018. 

BO is not all that good so even if Browns picked up his entire salary he is of little value to NE, NE doesn't need a midrange experience backup to replace JG as a one year option. They need to draft someone to they can groom to complete with JB.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2017, 04:27:56 pm »

Make it a 2 and something else as well and I would consider it. Only difference between Garrappolo and Osweiler is that one played for New England and 1 didn't.

One has 3 years of coaching by NE and knows NE's systems.  The other doesn't.  I am not giving that up for anything less than a first round pick.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2017, 04:45:11 pm »

I'd say 70% Denver/30% Houston.  No other team has a chance.

It's probably 90% Houston and 10% Denver for Romo now.  Once the Texans showed their cards by ditching Osweiller, Jerry held back releasing Romo and wants some compensation.  Denver says there is no way they are giving anything up for Romo.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2017, 05:22:21 pm »

This deal would be better formed as Osweiler and a 2nd for a pair of game-worn cleats autographed by Julian Edelman.

Brock's contract makes him worse than nothing, so you are doing the other team a favor by taking him.  In no circumstance should you give them a player of value (Garappolo)  in that trade.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2017, 06:56:28 pm »

This deal would be better formed as Osweiler and a 2nd for a pair of game-worn cleats autographed by Julian Edelman.

Brock's contract makes him worse than nothing, so you are doing the other team a favor by taking him.  In no circumstance should you give them a player of value (Garappolo)  in that trade.

My understand is Browns can pay most of his salary before trading him. So Brown pay $13 million, new team pas $3 million and now he has value, probably worth a 2nd round pick to somebody.  But not NE, who doesn't need a one year stop gap vet.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2017, 05:53:47 am »

My understand is Browns can pay most of his salary before trading him. So Brown pay $13 million, new team pas $3 million and now he has value, probably worth a 2nd round pick to somebody.  But not NE, who doesn't need a one year stop gap vet.

Here's my line of thinking.  You're going to lose Garoppolo anyway.   He wants to be a starter.  Why not get a guy who can serve as a true backup and pick up a pick in the process?  That pick can help to get Brady's eventual replacement in 2018

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2017, 08:26:37 am »

Here's my line of thinking.  You're going to lose Garoppolo anyway.   He wants to be a starter.  Why not get a guy who can serve as a true backup and pick up a pick in the process?  That pick can help to get Brady's eventual replacement in 2018

Patriots don't need a backup QB, they have JB.  They need an eventual replacement for Brady.  That replacement might be JB or JG or someone they draft, but it won't be BO.  BO is  a one year rental. 

I would trade JG for a first round pick or keep him, trading hum for BO makes zero sense. If Borowns absorb most of BO salary plus pick 13 for JG that would be worth it.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 04:47:40 pm »

Hmm...NE just signed a Bill RFA, unless the Bills match it will cost a 5th rounder, I am starting to wonder if Belichick has plans for that weekend, so he is trying to use up all the picks predraft.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 05:40:24 pm »

I'm wondering why the Pats are signing so many RB's. Are they going to switch to a wishbone?

White
Burkhead
Lewis
Bolden
and now he wants to sign Gillsee

Not to mention he might bring back Blount.

Even if he cuts Bolden and let Blount walk he is carrying 4 RB's who are used to seeing playing time. Just don't get it, would think the money would be spent better elsewhere or just carry it over to next years cap.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 06:22:29 pm »

Even if he cuts Bolden and let Blount walk he is carrying 4 RB's who are used to seeing playing time. Just don't get it, would think the money would be spent better elsewhere or just carry it over to next years cap.

I'm not sure what your definition of used to seeing seeing playing time is but I don't think it applies to any of these guys on the roster now (I don't count Blount as I think they are looking to let him walk).

White = 73 carries over three years
Burkhead = 87 carries over three years
Lewis = 149 carries over five years
Bolden = 203 carries over five years

Gillislee would add a whopping 154 carries over three years
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray