Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:09:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Thee XFL Returns in 2020!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Thee XFL Returns in 2020!  (Read 7963 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: January 25, 2018, 08:18:43 pm »

McMahon is bringing it back with another eight teams.  The article said there wasn't going to be a franchise system.  So I was thinking they should model it more after the WWE whereby they travel around to different cities.  They could name teams by state/area and then have them play at various stadiums. For example they could have one team for Texas, California, New York, Florida, Midwest, Atlantic Coast, etc.; then have each team play one or two home games at a variety of different stadiums.  So the Florida team could play at Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Orlando, etc.  This may keep the attendance up because fans may be interested in going to one or two games, but not a whole season of eight.  This way they would draw fans from a much larger pool of spectators.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 11:54:55 am »

Orlando is the ugly step brother who always gets a "want to be" football team. We've got crappy basketball, crappy soccer, second rate hockey and so we are destined to get another temporary football league. I can't wait for "He Hate Me" to take the field again.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 12:38:05 pm »

I bet you they'll try to capitalize on the kneeling controversy.

I drink your milkshake!
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 12:42:25 pm »

I can see the names on the back of jerseys now.....

"U mad bro"

"Dilly dilly"

"Make the XFL great again"

"The Wall"

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 12:56:27 pm »

I bet you they'll try to capitalize on the kneeling controversy.

Yes, McMahon has already said everyone stands for the National Anthem.

It's going to be a ten game schedule, and "family friendly".
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 01:06:26 pm »

It's not going to have all these rules and regulations that slow down the game.
But also, it's going to be safer!  The faster, the safer, as the saying goes.

Furthermore, there will be no room for politics in the XFL.  These players have one job: to play football.
Which they will get to right after they are compelled to solemnly stand at attention for the national anthem of whatever country they happen to be playing in that day.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 10:33:41 am »

I don't see it being safer. The previous XFL was much more dangerous. The "kick-off" almost always ended in injury. As well ... I have to wonder about the family friendly issue. The former cheerleaders looked like strippers.

It's a huge reach to say requiring your employees to stand for the anthem is political. I had to be at a 6:00am meeting this morning because my boss told me to. Such is life when you work for someone else. I can accept the rules or move on. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 11:22:25 am »

I don't see it being safer. The previous XFL was much more dangerous. The "kick-off" almost always ended in injury. As well ... I have to wonder about the family friendly issue. The former cheerleaders looked like strippers.

It's a huge reach to say requiring your employees to stand for the anthem is political. I had to be at a 6:00am meeting this morning because my boss told me to. Such is life when you work for someone else. I can accept the rules or move on. 

Given the context there is no way for it not to be a political statement.  Here is a quick test if they had a policy that prohibited the players to stand would you consider that a political statement?  Then the opposite is also true.  Separate issue does the XFL as a private entity have a right to make such a requirement? Absolutely!

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 11:37:47 am »

I don't know for certain, but I imagine that they will make a point to say that it's required and overplay the importance of the national anthem thing.  It's just a business decision, trying to capitalize on the bad blood that a lot of middle America has with the NFL right now.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 11:39:49 am »

I really didn't watch 2 minutes of any XFL games the first time around...probably won't watch it this time.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 01:31:20 pm »

They also will not allow players with criminal records. Good luck.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 02:04:16 pm »

I really didn't watch 2 minutes of any XFL games the first time around...probably won't watch it this time.

This,why would/should I watch? Has beens,never made it,over the hill,couldn't cut it in the other leagues playing crappy football games? no thank you.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 02:26:05 pm »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/29/mlb-forces-cleveland-to-relinquish-offensive-logo/

This too is also both a political statement and a business decision. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 03:44:38 pm »

It's a huge reach to say requiring your employees to stand for the anthem is political.
Seems like many people think that things they are in favor of are not political, while things they are against are politicizing sports.  For example, I attended an NBA game last February that had a Black History Month video in between quarters.  I am nearly certain you would consider that political.

I had to be at a 6:00am meeting this morning because my boss told me to. Such is life when you work for someone else. I can accept the rules or move on. 
I wholeheartedly agree that leagues have the right to set the standard of employment.  But call it what it is.

When the NFL has these parades of tribute to the military before games, don't try to claim it isn't political just because you approve of it.  I would imagine that American citizens who are pacifists and against the glorification of war would find it extremely political.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 06:01:05 pm »

When the NFL has these parades of tribute to the military before games, don't try to claim it isn't political just because you approve of it.  I would imagine that American citizens who are pacifists and against the glorification of war would find it extremely political.

Well up until a year or so ago it was paid advertising by the government, ostensibly to increase recruitment.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray