Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:43:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Brock Osweiler signs one-year deal with Dolphins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Brock Osweiler signs one-year deal with Dolphins  (Read 2801 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: March 23, 2018, 06:27:53 pm »

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22886833/brock-osweiler-signing-miami-dolphins

I do like this signing. I think Osweiler is great complement to Tannehill, fits the scheme the Dolphins want to run very well, has plenty of experience and experience with Gase. He's the perfect backup to Tannehill, better than Moore. The fact that it's a 1 year contract still allows the Dolphins the flexibility to take a QB with the 1st pick if they fall in love with someone and want to just sit him for a year and let him learn.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 06:30:08 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 09:42:11 pm »

I'm not laughing.

A QB that's not competent enough to make the 53-man roster of an 0-16 team is not a good signing.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 08:46:14 am »

I'm not laughing.

A QB that's not competent enough to make the 53-man roster of an 0-16 team is not a good signing.
Well I sorta question the decision makers in Cleveland, but point taken. You could argue the Browns were 0-16 because they cut Osweiler. We'll see.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 08:54:14 am by Pappy13 » Logged

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 10:02:50 am »

Well I sorta question the decision makers in Cleveland, but point taken. You could argue the Browns were 0-16 because they cut Osweiler. We'll see.

The Browns have won one game in two years because they don't know how to evaluate talent and the good talent they do find, they don't know how to properly develop.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 11:22:52 am »

The Browns have won one game in two years because they don't know how to evaluate talent and the good talent they do find, they don't know how to properly develop.
Or the talent seems to self destruct in Cleveland for some reason. Maybe it's the water. Whatever it is maybe Osweiler wanted out of Cleveland as much as the Browns wanted him out of Cleveland. He did play for the Broncos for a dollar after all.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 05:22:12 pm »

Osweiler went 0-4 with Denver last year.
Osweiler also played for the Texans the year before.  Who gave up a second-round draft pick to get rid of him.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 10:16:03 pm »

Osweiler went 0-4 with Denver last year.
Osweiler also played for the Texans the year before.  Who gave up a second-round draft pick to get rid of him.
And went 8-6 with the Texans and won a playoff game for them. Not his fault that the Texans gave him a stupid contract and then changed their mind. He also went 5-2 the year before with the Broncos. I don't know how he'll do for the Dolphins, but I like his chances a lot better than I like David Fales chances.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:20:59 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 02:32:16 am »

Again, the fact that HOU gave up a second-round pick just to be rid of Osweiler tells you what they thought of his contribution to their record and their playoff win.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 06:00:21 am »

Again, the fact that HOU gave up a second-round pick just to be rid of Osweiler tells you what they thought of his contribution to their record and their playoff win.
Probably tells more about what they thought of his playoff loss. Apparently he's NOT a franchise QB. Who knew.....everyone but Houston. All I'm expecting is him to backup Ryan Tannehill, I'm not asking him to beat the Patriots in New England in the playoffs.  Evil

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 08:06:19 pm »

I'm fine with it.  The Fins aren't going to the playoffs this year whether Tanny stays healthy all 16 games or not. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 11:29:09 am »

https://sports.theonion.com/is-it-time-for-the-osweiler-family-to-admit-the-brock-o-1820135808

Blake's family figured it out already...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 03:11:31 pm »

Matt Moore is a better QB than Brock Osweiler, if this was one of Tannenbum's great ideas, we should have just stuck with Moore.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 03:20:00 pm »

Matt Moore is a better QB than Brock Osweiler, if this was one of Tannenbum's great ideas, we should have just stuck with Moore.
That's why I think they are still looking and using Osweiler until they no longer need him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 03:42:51 pm »

i think if they take a QB high in the draft, that brock is gonna get cut after training camp
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 03:57:27 pm »

Matt Moore is a better QB than Brock Osweiler...
That's not really the question though is it. The question is whether or not Matt Moore is a better backup for Ryan Tannehill and in my opinion the answer to that question is no, he's not.

My reasoning is that Matt Moore is a different type of QB than Ryan Tannehill or Brock Osweiler. Matt Moore is a true drop back QB and nothing more. He's not much of a threat to scramble. He's not a threat at all to run the ball. I'm not even sure that rollouts are really something in his bag of tricks. Tannehill and Osweiler are both nimble enough to do all of those things. Moore also tends to get hurt easily or at least Gase believes that. The last thing we need if Tannehill goes down is Moore to come in just to get hurt himself. Moore also is not really a short passing game type of QB, he's more of a gunslinger in my opinion, he likes to go down the field. Tannehill and I believe Osweiler are more willing to dump it off to backs and opt for the shorter routes then try to push it down the field. I also feel like Gase feels the same way. Gase had the chance to play Moore last year and he instead begged Cutler to come play.

It's no secret that I never liked Moore as the backup for Miami, but apparently Gase didn't either and apparently he prefers Osweiler as well. Maybe I'm giving Gase too much credit, but I tend to think he might know a little more about Osweiler then most.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 04:21:15 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray