Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:26:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Why/how we "Christians" support Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Why/how we "Christians" support Donald Trump  (Read 7832 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 01:53:02 pm »

The question is not, and never was, why people who always vote Republican voted for a Republican.  That is a dumb question with an obvious answer.

The question is why supposed Christians voted for Trump in the primary to begin with, and why they continue to support him now (instead of calling for a primary challenge from a non-terrible person).  Hell, even if Trump were impeached, that would just mean the devout & upstanding man of faith Mike Pence would take over.

The simplest answer to the second question is that "Christians" care less about their faith than their politics, and that they also care more about winning than their morals.  So now we are treated to inane pieces like the article cited in the OP, where "the end justifies the means" is treated like some sort of revolutionary new idea that no one has ever considered before.
Lol ... challenging the strength of our faith is a weak tactic. As I've stated previously ... Christians are in the minority as far as either party so Billy Graham will never get elected. We have to choose the lesser of two evils and the one who will support as much as our important issues as possible. For me ... the SC nominees were the most important issue of the election followed by who could help my wallet. He's done a fantastic job for both so I'm pretty happy.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2018, 02:01:33 pm »

I'm not voting for a priest, I'm voting for a President.  The days of politicians even pretending to be religious is long gone.  You'll get an occasional one here or there, but not like it used to be. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 02:17:05 pm »

Lol ... challenging the strength of our faith is a weak tactic. As I've stated previously ... Christians are in the minority as far as either party so Billy Graham will never get elected. We have to choose the lesser of two evils and the one who will support as much as our important issues as possible. For me ... the SC nominees were the most important issue of the election followed by who could help my wallet. He's done a fantastic job for both so I'm pretty happy.
ooohh My...You've said some crazy ass shit,but this one...
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes I guess we could say the same thing, You guy's always act like you the marders as a tactic,on almost EVERY FUCKING ISSUE... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2018, 02:18:11 pm »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes I guess we could say the same thing, You guy's always act like you the marders as a tactic,on almost EVERY FUCKING ISSUE... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
huh? I honestly have no idea what you are saying B.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2018, 02:27:37 pm »

Yo, I usually sit back and don't say anything on any of this stuff...sometimes I get in there like when we were talking about immigration.  Do you know the one factor I always see on this site here?  Using words like "deranged" or "you've said some crazy ass shit"  or some other insulting context when talking to CF, while the guy NEVER says anything like that.  You don't agree?  That's fine.  Keep it civil, but these little one off insults...That shit is getting really old.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 02:55:06 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2018, 03:30:09 pm »

CF I'm Sorry... Tongue Local problems with religious people lately...
Every American President,has been a christian,the overall christian affiliation has been overwhelmingly christians in 99% of All office holders elected in this country (Congress,Governors,etc).A higher majority than the religious breakdown of the general population.I get it the Bible says you will be persecuted for your faith, but the christians have ZERO problems weaponizing their faith as a tactic. (even when the issue isn't a religious one)

And CF I get it,you never have,but I'm surrounded by it...and people that do...

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 03:47:24 pm »

huh? I honestly have no idea what you are saying B.

Swap out "martyrs" for "marders" there.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2018, 04:08:40 pm »

Christians are in the minority as far as either party so Billy Graham will never get elected. We have to choose the lesser of two evils and the one who will support as much as our important issues as possible.
This explains the general election vote.  It does not explain how Trump won the GOP primary, and most importantly, it does not explain why you defend him today instead of asking for him to be replaced by a better Republican.

Gerald Ford faced a strong primary challenge.  GHW Bush faced a strong primary challenge.  The reason why Trump won't is because despite their crocodile tear protests, Republicans actually LOVE his complete disregard for moral norms.  He is what many of them wish they could be if they thought they could get away with it.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2018, 04:17:10 pm »

Yo, I usually sit back and don't say anything on any of this stuff...sometimes I get in there like when we were talking about immigration.  Do you know the one factor I always see on this site here?  Using words like "deranged" or "you've said some crazy ass shit"  or some other insulting context when talking to CF, while the guy NEVER says anything like that.  You don't agree?  That's fine.  Keep it civil, but these little one off insults...That shit is getting really old.

Do you mean stuff like this?

Hahahaha ... that's got to be one of the dumbest things you have ever said and that's dsaying something.

I'm fine with rubbin' is racin', and I'm fine with Let's be polite and respectful, but I tire of the conservative shell game of "Stop being such a snowflake" when they say mean things vs. "Stop being so uncivil" when we say them.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:20:25 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2018, 04:17:48 pm »

...Republicans actually LOVE his complete disregard for moral norms.  He is what many of them wish they could be if they thought they could get away with it.

This sounds like a conspiracy theory that you're touting as fact.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2018, 04:20:48 pm »

Do you mean stuff like this?

I'm fine with rubbin' is racin', and I'm fine with Let's be polite and respectful, but I told of the conservative shell game of "Stop being such a snowflake" when they say things vs. "Stop being so uncivil" when we say them.
Fair enough, you can cherry pick even though I see him constantly attacked by others.  I wasn't even including you Spider, you may play verbal gymnastics but you usually keep it civil.

Okay, I'm done playing white knight, let's ALL play by the rules.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2018, 04:22:15 pm »

This sounds like a conspiracy theory that you're touting as fact.
I eagerly await your alternative explanation for why conservatives who held their nose and voted for Trump to stop Hillary continue to support him today instead of loudly calling for a primary challenge.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2018, 04:34:55 pm »

I eagerly await your alternative explanation for why conservatives who held their nose and voted for Trump to stop Hillary continue to support him today instead of loudly calling for a primary challenge.
To take a page out of your book, I won't even acknowledge a discussion of your conspiracy theories you claim as fact.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2018, 05:03:50 pm »

I'm not asking you to.

I am asking you to explain the behavior cited in the OP and among many conservative Trump voters, where they bemoan his crass behavior but insist they had no other choice... while they fail to call for a better choice in 2020.

My explanation for that fact is that they actually love his behavior.  You believe that explanation is ridiculous and conspiratorial.  Fine.  So what is your superior explanation for the facts at hand?

I mean, you're a Trump voter, right?  Are you happy with him? If not, why aren't you calling for him to be primaried and replaced with someone who shares your values? We don't need to speak in abstract hypotheticals here.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 05:08:54 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2018, 10:37:48 am »

^Again, I am not going to entertain your wild conspiracies, which are OPINION not FACT.  You continue to make these wild sweeping generalizations about Republicans.  Why don't you try reading something other than Huffington Post or Vox?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray