Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Is Brady really the GOAT or a goat?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Is Brady really the GOAT or a goat?  (Read 4059 times)
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2018, 04:51:00 pm »

Brees has more passing yards than any other QB ever, essentially tied with Brady on most td passes, never had a defense, won a superbowl...

From wiki

NFL records
Most career passing yards
Most career pass completions
471 pass completions in a season
Highest career completion percentage
72.0 single-season completion percentage
7 touchdown passes in a game (tied)
54 consecutive games with a touchdown pass

How were his stats in open air San Diego vs inside NOLA? Pretty to chuck the ball all day long when weather plays no role in you or your teammates ability to throw and catch passes.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 05:35:52 pm »

Then why haven't QBs from SEA/ATL/ARI been owning the record books since the '80s?  Why did Peyton set every single season record in existence playing outdoors in Denver, surpassing Brady who set them playing outdoors in Foxboro?

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 01:15:41 pm »

Watching the Patriots vs. Chiefs game the other night it's hard to not argue for Brady being the GOAT.  He has such a command of the game, and a 6th, 7th, and 8th sense of what is going on before the ball is even snapped.

Rogers is a close second, and has some tools that Brady doesn't, but overall Brady is better.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 01:50:34 pm »

Watching the Patriots vs. Chiefs game the other night it's hard to not argue for Brady being the GOAT.  He has such a command of the game, and a 6th, 7th, and 8th sense of what is going on before the ball is even snapped.

Rogers is a close second, and has some tools that Brady doesn't, but overall Brady is better.
That's, like, you're opinion man.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 03:00:39 pm »

Rodgers is no closer to the GOAT than Kevin Durant, or Steph Curry three years ago.

Let's not confuse "best right now" with "greatest ever."

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 06:33:12 pm »

That's, like, you're opinion man.

At least I'm housebroken. Cheesy
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 01:31:20 pm »

Can you see Brady bitching to the ref for a flag while Deacon Jones and Merlin Olsen are taking turns on him? 

Did you ever see Dan Marino play?

You're all nuts.  Brady is next level good. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2018, 08:21:59 am »

Did you ever see Dan Marino play?

Yes.  I go all the way back to the Marks Brothers. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2018, 06:46:15 pm »

I don’t think I’m nuts. I just think that Brady is a system QB. Like I’ve said before, I think if he were on any other team, he’d be any other QB. Oh, and by the way, when are the Patriots going to retire Mo Lewis’ number, even if it’s only tongue in cheek.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2018, 01:58:31 am »

If you still think Brady is a "system QB" after 2007, I don't know what to tell you.

"System QBs" don't throw 50 TDs in a season.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2018, 10:21:33 am »

"System QBs" don't throw 50 TDs in a season.

Might be one of the most illogical things I've seen you post up here. If a QB is in a system that requires them to throw the everloving fuck out of the ball, then yessir...a system QB can throw 50 TDs in a season.

Not saying that Brady is a system QB...just that your line of reasoning was faulty there.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2018, 03:11:13 pm »

There are some athletes we are lucky to be witness to.  Problem is, until they are gone, you generally aren't aware of how special they are.  Brady is one of them. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2018, 09:08:30 pm »

Might be one of the most illogical things I've seen you post up here. If a QB is in a system that requires them to throw the everloving fuck out of the ball, then yessir...a system QB can throw 50 TDs in a season.
I don't understand your point here.  Are you saying that a system QB could have thrown for 50 TDs in a season?  Well, sure, that is not impossible... but there have been many, MANY teams with systems that required the QB to "throw the everloving fuck out of the ball," and yet the only two QBs to ever throw 50 TDs in a season are:

1) the guy with the most NFL MVP awards in league history, who had nearly every NFL passing record in existence when he retired
2) the guy with the most Super Bowl MVPs in league history, who is also tied for the second-most NFL MVP awards

In any case, I never said that system QBs "can't" throw for 50 TDs in a season; I said that they don't.  Because they haven't.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:19:45 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray