Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:35:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Oh no, Raiders linked to Killings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Oh no, Raiders linked to Killings  (Read 3366 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: May 30, 2019, 06:33:08 pm »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/30/raiders-sign-d-j-killings/

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 09:21:39 pm »

After picking up Incognito, this statement could be true in the future.   That POS busted up the wall of his own grandmother's house!!

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 08:46:53 am »

"The Autumn wind is a Raider, pillaging just for fun..."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 01:35:49 pm »

The Bills actually stepped up their security, and security people were told to be on high alert if Incognito showed up at their facilities at the end of his tenure in Buffalo (when he was retiring/un-retiring, etc.).
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 07:30:48 pm »

That's why I don't understand why people called out Jonathan Martin.  If somebody like Incognito was threatening me, I certainly would be uneasy.  Not to mention committing grand theft against somebody.  Football is a tough game, but I don't think that means you get to physically threaten your teammates and commit crimes against them off the field.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 07:33:23 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 02:46:53 pm »

That's why I don't understand why people called out Jonathan Martin.  If somebody like Incognito was threatening me, I certainly would be uneasy.  Not to mention committing grand theft against somebody.  Football is a tough game, but I don't think that means you get to physically threaten your teammates and commit crimes against them off the field.

Maybe because he posted a picture online that he was going to pull off a mass shooting at a school??

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 08:29:52 am »

Maybe because he posted a picture online that he was going to pull off a mass shooting at a school??

Yeah, I think they were both a couple of nut jobs. 
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 02:06:28 pm »

Yeah, I think they were both a couple of nut jobs. 

Big difference.   Incognito was a psycho.   Martin was just a bullied guy who snapped, just like most school shooters are.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 11:38:48 pm »

I was talking about Martin's role in the Richie Incognito scandal.  Everybody in Florida, or at least on this site, made Martin out to be the bad guy.  I don't understand why when somebody mentally unstable is threatening you and committing extortion against you (probably worse, Martin probably felt threatened to hand over his money), why that WOULDN'T cause somebody to have a nervous breakdown.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 09:10:43 am »

Ingognito was a douche for sure.  But the NFL is no place for someone who is mentally and emotionally weak which Martin most certainly was.  You can't equate the NFL with "regular" jobs in society.  It just isn't the same.  It is a violent sport filled with extremely masculine men.  To expect the corporate culture of an NFL team to be the same as the corporate culture as a software company is ridiculous. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 10:11:24 am »

I was talking about Martin's role in the Richie Incognito scandal.  Everybody in Florida, or at least on this site, made Martin out to be the bad guy.  I don't understand why when somebody mentally unstable is threatening you and committing extortion against you (probably worse, Martin probably felt threatened to hand over his money), why that WOULDN'T cause somebody to have a nervous breakdown.
That's some revisionist history there if I ever saw it. I'm pretty sure that the large majority of people were on Martin's side. I was one of the few people (if not the only one) on this site defending Incognito and I was only saying that I thought they both were partially to blame as well as the coaching staff for not seeing that putting Incognito in a position of authority was a really bad idea to begin with.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 10:56:41 am »

^I was always against Martin, and later Incognito when it showed how crazy he really was.  Two different sides of the same bat-shit-crazy coin.  
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 11:37:35 am »

Debating which one was the crazy one, is like debating if the flat earthers or moon hoax conspiracy folks are crazier.

Martin/Incognito isn’t good guy vs bad guy.  It was two nut jobs.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2019, 11:42:20 am »

^Flat Earthers for sure, moon landing was fake.  Grin
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2019, 12:24:48 pm »

I think the media portrayed it as harmless stuff that Martin was overreacting to, but it was more serious stuff, and Martin genuinely felt threatened by Incognito.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray