Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:43:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Report: Dolphins prefer to trade Reshad Jones
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Report: Dolphins prefer to trade Reshad Jones  (Read 5722 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2019, 08:45:05 am »

This is all speculation.  I'd bet he'll be there for mandatory training camp.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2019, 09:11:46 am »

Not a Philbin Gase Flores guy.

Again, not promising when your new head coach's early moves are to get rid of your team's best players.  Why not do your job and coach them?
It's the coach's responsibility to hold players accountable so if Flores wants only team first players then he has every right to do so. It's not like he hasn't said that from day one andI can assure you it's been vocalized a lot more to the team itself. The Le'Veon Belll's of the world can find many teams to play on but New England isn't going to be one of them. It doesn't appear Miami will be either.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2019, 09:59:31 am »

It's the coach's responsibility to hold players accountable so if Flores wants only team first players then he has every right to do so. It's not like he hasn't said that from day one andI can assure you it's been vocalized a lot more to the team itself. The Le'Veon Belll's of the world can find many teams to play on but New England isn't going to be one of them. It doesn't appear Miami will be either.
One the problems that has plagued Miami for years is lack of accountablity on the part of players. I'm all for getting rid of players that don't put in the effort. Jones is just the latest to put himself before the team and it's showed. The problem is that they also let guys like Jarvis Landry go when he clearly put in the work, they just didn't want to pay him. Those guys I miss. I think they made a HUGE mistake letting Jarvis Landry go to Cleveland.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2019, 11:21:43 am »

This is all speculation.  I'd bet he'll be there for mandatory training camp.
It does seem that way as of now. Omar said this morning that they tried to get rid and were not successful so it looks as if he will be here.

Adam Beasley reported ... Dolphins coach Brian Flores told reporters that Jones showed up “in really good shape.”

“I’m really looking forward to working with him,” Flores continued. “He was excited to get into meetings and practice.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 12:54:45 pm »

While he is not apart of our or any other team's long term future plans, I feel that he would be very attractive to a contender whose need is safety. Especially, if we eat half his salary to get a better draft pick in return.

Anything we get is better than nothing.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2019, 01:06:02 pm »

^If we do trade him, I'd prefer it be right before or during the season, when a team is more desperate.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2019, 12:56:28 am »

It's the coach's responsibility to hold players accountable so if Flores wants only team first players then he has every right to do so.
I'm tired of coaches who refuse to coach and instead want to just get rid of the top talent on the team.  Getting rid of a player requires exactly zero coaching ability.

One the problems that has plagued Miami for years is lack of accountablity on the part of players.
Seems to me that poor player development and/or lack of talent have been much larger problems plaguing the team.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2019, 09:26:08 am »

I'm tired of coaches who refuse to coach and instead want to just get rid of the top talent on the team.  Getting rid of a player requires exactly zero coaching ability.
Seems to me that poor player development and/or lack of talent have been much larger problems plaguing the team.
I'm not sure how successful you've been at coaching but there is no "coaching" a narcissistic person into being a team player. They either are or they aren't. Typically they are best used as bad examples and getting rid of them is one way of doing that.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2019, 10:06:44 am »

It's a 2 way street. The entire coaching staff has been changed multiple times. I don't see any reason that players should be given a pass on the same fate. You don't produce, we'll find someone who will.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2019, 11:34:57 am »

I'm not sure how successful you've been at coaching but there is no "coaching" a narcissistic person into being a team player. They either are or they aren't. Typically they are best used as bad examples and getting rid of them is one way of doing that.

I think you can affect a narcissistic player.  For example Randy Moss in New England.  But too be successful you can’t give in to the player or any player.  And you have to have something they want. 

Trading Jones is in essence coaching the rest of the team.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2019, 11:51:43 pm »

As I see it, one of the reasons Bill Belichick has been successful is that he has been able to take "selfish, uncoachable" players like Corey Dillon or Randy Moss and get through to them.

To switch sports, one of the reasons Phil Jackson is an all-time great is because he doesn't show up and immediately decide to get rid of the team's best players; he gets through to them and gets them to buy in.

It's a 2 way street. The entire coaching staff has been changed multiple times. I don't see any reason that players should be given a pass on the same fate. You don't produce, we'll find someone who will.
Then why have these coaches gotten rid of the best producing players on the team?  You wouldn't hear anything from me if they were trying to trade DeVante Parker.

It seems to me that this is less about getting rid of bad apples, and more about a procession of coaches walking in the door and declaring, "These aren't my guys."

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2019, 08:04:53 am »

While he is not apart of our or any other team's long term future plans, I feel that he would be very attractive to a contender whose need is safety. Especially, if we eat half his salary to get a better draft pick in return.

Anything we get is better than nothing.
Yep, my gut says he won't be in Dolphins colors sometime before the season is out (if not the entire season).

That run in at the Jets game leading to preseason rumblings combined with his massive salary has sealed his fate. Despite the recent positive spin I reckon we will shop him around, either that or a team thinking they are a Superbowl chance with him as a need comes knocking on the door and we will move him on quicker than you can say "for a 6th rounder?"

Put it this way, I reckon there's a good reason the throwback jerseys pictured so far this year feature Stills, Minkah & Howard, and not Rehsad. I reckon Nike must still be seething at all those Tannehill, Suh and Ajayi jerseys they made and then had to dump... they were all team MVPs, not that it stopped them from being traded/cut.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2019, 08:52:07 am »

I think you can affect a narcissistic player.  For example Randy Moss in New England.  But too be successful you can’t give in to the player or any player.  And you have to have something they want.  

Trading Jones is in essence coaching the rest of the team.
Lol .... Randy Moss is a perfect example. He chose to drop his attitude to be a team player on a great team. It happened "before" he was signed and not afterwards. Unless BB has some kind of Jedi mind tricks to change them before he coaches them then he wasn't coached into being a team player. hahahaha

To switch sports, one of the reasons Phil Jackson is an all-time great is because he doesn't show up and immediately decide to get rid of the team's best players; he gets through to them and gets them to buy in.
Then why have these coaches gotten rid of the best producing players on the team?  You wouldn't hear anything from me if they were trying to trade DeVante Parker.

This is another case of players changing their attitude and buying into Phil. Phil got respect with Michael Jordon so other attitude players believed in him before he coached them. It's not like they were asses under him and he somehow made them see the light. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 08:55:26 am by CF DolFan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2019, 10:06:48 am »

BB was able to get Moss to buy in large part because of his willingness to part ways/bench players who didn’t follow the script.

BB traded away the second greatest wr in the history of the NFL two years after setting record for most TD receptions.

Demoted to back up league leader in receptions for making a snow angle.

Did the samething for making foot jokes.

Benched the starting safety in the SB for still unknown reasons. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2019, 11:17:56 am »

But DeVante Parker is as much of the problem if not a bigger part of the problem. Too many guys with talent coming out of college or in free agency don't seem to produce. You're putting that on the Dolphins coaching staff which I agree they are partly to blame, but some of the blame needs to go on DeVante Parker for not being able to reach his potential. Both the coaching staff and the players need to be held accountable, not just the coaching staff. Same thing goes for players that get traded or leave in free agency, some of that is on them because winning is the goal and there hasn't been enough of that in Miami. They need to take some blame for that as well, it's not just all on the coaching staff. I haven't really seen a long list of guys leaving Miami for other teams and suddenly turning around their fortunes elsewhere. There's a couple, but the list isn't long.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray