Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:10:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Wildcard weekend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Wildcard weekend  (Read 5338 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: January 02, 2020, 12:59:16 pm »

My picks:
Texans
Patriots
Saints
Seahawks

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 01:17:27 pm »

No. 4 Houston over No. 5 Buffalo
No. 6 Tannehill .... I mean Tennessee over  No. 3 New England

No. 3 New Orleans over No. 6 Minnesota
No. 5 Seattle over No. 4 Philadelphia

Seattle has the easiest game this weekend. I think all the others will be pretty competitive and could go either way.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 01:28:28 pm »

Tennessee over New England
Buffalo over Houston
New Orleans over Minnesota
Seattle over Philadelphia

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 01:45:04 pm »

Texans, Titans, Saints, Seahawks...Greatest QB of all time moves on while the imposter/cheater goes home...hopefully for good
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 02:11:53 pm »

I only care about one game this weekend. My beloved Oilers/Titans. Go team go!

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 02:24:29 pm »

Greatest QB of all time
Nope

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 02:24:46 pm »

The AFC is tough as both games could go either way.  With Houston/Buffalo it all depends on how healthy Watson is.  The Texans made the smart move sitting him last week as they were pretty much locked in to the #4 seed.   I'm going with Houston simply because the home crowd can tip the scales here.   Same for the Patriots/Titans.  The game is in New England, so they get the slight edge.  However, the team is clearly declining and if they manage to survive Tennessee at home, I don't see them going much further

NFC is easy.  Philly really has no business being in the playoffs (none of the teams in the NFC East do).  Seattle has done much better on the road this season than at home (which is a shocker).  New Orleans/Minnesota is a much more competitive game, but with Dalvin Cook banged up, and the game being in The Big Easy, it makes my call much easier.  

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 01:58:12 am »

I'll take chalk.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 08:35:17 am »

Buffalo @ Houston

Nothing but respect for how Buffalo has built this team, but I see Houston as having more talent at some very key positions. Add in the emotional lift from JJ Watt's return, and Houston takes it at home, 27-23

Tennessee @ New England

I'll be cheering hard for "Tannessee", but these are the playoffs, and until I see New England actually fail in the playoffs, I can't pick against them. Patriots win, 34-33

Minnesota @ New Orleans

I loves me some Drew Brees, and the way he's playing right now...at the ripe old age of 40, is nothing short of amazing. The dream continues... Saints win, 37- 26

Seattle @ Philadelphia

Everybody is ready to write off the Eagles because of their weak showing this year, and how they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. This is the playoffs though, and to quote Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven... "Deserves got nothing to do with it." Philly pulls the upset, 24-21.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 09:54:50 pm »

Buffalo @ Houston

Nothing but respect for how Buffalo has built this team, but I see Houston as having more talent at some very key positions. Add in the emotional lift from JJ Watt's return, and Houston takes it at home, 27-23

Tennessee @ New England

I'll be cheering hard for "Tannessee", but these are the playoffs, and until I see New England actually fail in the playoffs, I can't pick against them. Patriots win, 34-33

Minnesota @ New Orleans

I loves me some Drew Brees, and the way he's playing right now...at the ripe old age of 40, is nothing short of amazing. The dream continues... Saints win, 37- 26

Seattle @ Philadelphia

Everybody is ready to write off the Eagles because of their weak showing this year, and how they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. This is the playoffs though, and to quote Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven... "Deserves got nothing to do with it." Philly pulls the upset, 24-21.

You know what's funny?   The last time I saw New England fall in the playoffs was the AFC title game against the Broncos.

After the Falcons game I decided I would not watch the Super Bowl.  I would not put myself through that again.  I was on youtube after the game.  I noticed a video on the right.  "Brady says they came up one play short"  I clicked on the link.  Sure enough, the Patriots had lost.  Therefore, I did not see them lose that game.

I pick Houston because I want them to win.  That gives me a chance to say Mia helped bump NE from the playoffs if Stills catches a game winning TD against them in the AFC title game.

I pick NE because they always win and if they don't their opponent refuses to take the victory and gives it back to them.

The Saints, obviously because of their record.

Seattle because they are a smaller version of NE in the NFC

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2020, 05:30:56 pm »

Bills are looking good.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2020, 06:10:30 pm »

Bills are looking good.

They are but the Texans really are just a 7-9 team that got lucky on a lot of games. Same with the Steelers, which sucks for Miami because it cost us draft position. They won EIGHT games by one score or less, that's ridiculous. Even worse than Pittsburgh. I wouldn't be surprised if this team went 6-10 next year.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2020, 07:57:09 pm »

Bill O'Brien should be fired tomorrow if they lose this game. Horrific coaching on the Texans and Buffalo's last drive. Imagine trading away two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder for just a LT and still lose in the wild card round?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2020, 08:27:11 pm »

That DeShaun Watson play won them the game and was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen in football. All the praise in the world to that kid for that play.
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2020, 11:25:04 pm »

Titans and Texans move on.

Great job Tennessee
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray