Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:35:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Where will Brady end up next year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Poll
Question: Where will Brady wind up
Patriots   -9 (52.9%)
Chargers   -1 (5.9%)
Dolphins   -0 (0%)
Cowboys   -2 (11.8%)
Colts   -0 (0%)
Other team   -3 (17.6%)
Wherever McDaniels coaches   -0 (0%)
Retired   -2 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Where will Brady end up next year?  (Read 21123 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2020, 09:57:38 am »

100% agreed .. put marino on a team with the running game and defense the patriots have had with the rules restricting DBs and he woulda won 20 rings
You’re Undercutting the claim Shula was the greatest coach of all time.  😀

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2020, 09:59:58 am »

Not me. Brady would be too much of a distraction. Fitzmagic is better for the job and a helluva lot cheaper. Signing Brady would be a VERY bad move for Miami and honestly...for Brady as well.

I agree.  I like Fitz and think he would be a good role model for a young QB too.  That's why I said that I would be okay with the Fins signing Brady but i didn't say I'd be all kinds of excited about it.  LOL    And I didn't think about the distraction part of it, but you made a good point with that. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2020, 10:15:33 am »

One Brady thread is enough.

Long term Tenn is better off with Tanny.  Brady will sell more tickets than Tanny. 

However, if Tenn doesn’t see Tanny has a long term franchise QB, Brady could be a better shopgap.  If Tenn is eyeing a 4th round QB that will need 2 years to develop.  Best thing would be to sign Brady, Brees or Rivers (in that order)

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2020, 11:41:23 am »

You’re Undercutting the claim Shula was the greatest coach of all time.  😀
I think it's more Shula the GM that was the issue.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2020, 11:45:55 pm »

I think it's more Shula the GM that was the issue.

That and the fact that Shula the coach routinely won 8-10 games and was a playoff contender every year and as a result, the Dolphins did not get the high draft choices.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2020, 11:26:16 am »

That and the fact that Shula the coach routinely won 8-10 games and was a playoff contender every year and as a result, the Dolphins did not get the high draft choices.

Haven't ran the numbers but I bet BB has had similar or worse average draft position.  Any coach in the discussion for top 10 coaches of all time likewise would routinely have late draft picks.  Not a valid excuse.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2020, 03:07:35 pm »

You're just salty because BB isn't as prestigious as Shula.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2020, 02:34:02 pm »

Probably not Miami,,,,,,

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/25/brian-flores-agrees-with-owner-why-would-tom-brady-want-to-come-to-miami/

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2020, 10:33:06 am »

Some reporters from ESPN are now saying they would be shocked if he returned to New England. Didn't know these guys had so much bad blood. The Era of Jarret Stidham will commence!

But seriously, if the team doesn't rebuild that offense and get a real QB, this might be the end of the road for them. I don't know why they would let Brady go with no replacement but it's looking that way.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2020, 10:40:56 am »

Sports Illustrated article saying the same thing. Hard to tell what's click bait and what's real this time of year.  

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2020, 11:10:17 am »

Sports Illustrated article saying the same thing. Hard to tell what's click bait and what's real this time of year.  

If he hasn't resigned yet then it's real. It's a very simple situation with Brady and the Patriots, he will come back if they actually pay attention to the offense this year. With actual players on offense matched with their defense, they are once again a legit contender. Yet, it hasn't happened yet and the Patriots will win 6 games with no real QB this season. This sounds personal, not business.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2020, 11:11:24 am »

PFT is saying Giants are in the mix. There certainly would be some irony if he went to the SB with them.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2020, 11:38:45 am »

PFT is saying Giants are in the mix. There certainly would be some irony if he went to the SB with them.

No chance of that, they just drafted Jones and he showed a few flashes where they would never give up on him so quickly. Plus, the Giants are garbage. Why end your career winning 5 games?
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2020, 11:41:13 am »

With the new CBA in talks, I think Brady will end up a Pat again, I dont buy that the Franchise would just let him go into FA . Well hmm i said that about Montana yrs back . Shit happens.  Would like to see him on another team. maybe we will see if he is a system QB or was it BB

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2020, 05:14:31 pm »

With the new CBA in talks, I think Brady will end up a Pat again, I dont buy that the Franchise would just let him go into FA . Well hmm i said that about Montana yrs back . Shit happens.  Would like to see him on another team. maybe we will see if he is a system QB or was it BB

It's not like New England can tag him, so if he wants out, he's out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray