Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:22:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Where will Brady end up next year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print
Poll
Question: Where will Brady wind up
Patriots   -9 (52.9%)
Chargers   -1 (5.9%)
Dolphins   -0 (0%)
Cowboys   -2 (11.8%)
Colts   -0 (0%)
Other team   -3 (17.6%)
Wherever McDaniels coaches   -0 (0%)
Retired   -2 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Where will Brady end up next year?  (Read 20777 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2020, 08:00:36 pm »

In the words of Herm Edward's "This is the greatest thing about sports - you play to win the game. Hello? You don't play to just play it."  Brady wants to win another superbowl.  No question there.

Yeah, of course if he comes back he's going to want to win the Super Bowl.  My point was winning a Super Bowl in Feb 2022 isn't as important to him as say a situation like Dan Marino who never won a SB.  Any player on a decent team enters the season wanting to go to the SB.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 08:53:51 pm »

Yeah he could afford it.  But I think he wants to live in California.  If he enjoyed spending time in Florida he would already own a house in Florida and spend much of the off season there. 

I think he's from California. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2020, 10:20:08 am »

Report:JoeBrady to Carolina

This should help with their passing game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/14/report-panthers-to-hire-joe-brady-away-from-lsu/
(couldn't resist.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 10:55:47 am by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2020, 01:11:36 pm »

Talk radio this morning had it to the three most likely being.....stay in NE, Titans and.............Dolphins. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2020, 01:27:28 pm »

Talk radio this morning had it to the three most likely being.....stay in NE, Titans and.............Dolphins. 
I honestly don't see how anyone is linking him to Miami. It isn't like Brady can wait for the rest of the team to catch up.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2020, 01:34:47 pm »

I honestly don't see how anyone is linking him to Miami. It isn't like Brady can wait for the rest of the team to catch up.

Basically....Flores, nice place to live, oodles of cap space, plays NE twice a year, great market for TB12, owner is Mich alum.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2020, 01:59:42 pm »

Basically....Flores, nice place to live, oodles of cap space, plays NE twice a year, great market for TB12, owner is Mich alum.
Not saying that I would agree with such a move. But the more I think about it. It does kind of make sense. You have the above reasons that Hoodie mentioned. Also, you have lots of draft capital and cap space. Brady said that he wanted to play a few more years. So, assuming they let him have some input on new players, he wouldn't have to wait too long for the rest of the team to catch up. Also, you would arguably have one of the best backups in the league with Fitz. And then you could pawn Rosen off to some other desperate team for another draft pick or two.

The only only thing that would throw a wrench into it would be the OC situation. Not sure how Chan Gailey would work out with Brady. Probably work out fine, but it could also be a train wreck. Anyhow, I don't see it happening. But then again, Flores might go apeshit if you dangle Brady meat in his face, haha.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 02:04:07 pm by pondwater » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2020, 02:05:17 pm »

Ew, I'd rather root for the Jets than have Tom Brady in Miami.  Point being, neither is happening.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2020, 11:38:47 am »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/23/speaking-from-experience-joe-namath-thinks-tom-brady-should-stay-in-new-england/

It is a rare day when Patriots fans agree with the face of the Jets franchise.....today many in NE are praising the wisdom of Broadway Joe. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2020, 11:45:31 am »

Sounds like Tom is feeling slighted by never being paid. He was the 18th highest paid QB last year and they are saying he feels he deserves to be paid as well.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2020, 12:00:53 pm »

Sounds like Tom is feeling slighted by never being paid. He was the 18th highest paid QB last year and they are saying he feels he deserves to be paid as well.

Not sure if that is coming directly from him or is speculation.  However, I am not sure if he going to get a huge payday from anyone.  This year he had the 18th best passer rating.  So his for 2019 his pay was in line with his production.  Did he deserve more than he got in 2007? - sure.  Paying him in 2020 a huge salary is buying a name not likely production.  It will sell tickets but a great plan to build a team.     

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2020, 12:42:31 pm »

Not sure if that is coming directly from him or is speculation.  However, I am not sure if he going to get a huge payday from anyone.  This year he had the 18th best passer rating.  So his for 2019 his pay was in line with his production.  Did he deserve more than he got in 2007? - sure.  Paying him in 2020 a huge salary is buying a name not likely production.  It will sell tickets but a great plan to build a team.     

so he's going to the jags !
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2020, 03:00:52 pm »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/31/tom-brady-to-miami-rumors-keep-gaining-steam/

Just going to leave this here.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2020, 03:02:17 pm »

^not going to happen
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2020, 09:36:48 am »