Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:35:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Give me Herbert over Tua.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Give me Herbert over Tua.  (Read 39379 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2020, 09:45:07 pm »

The only team I can think of that drafted two all time greats that played for them is Green Bay.
If we take NFL.com's most recent top 25 all-time article as a guide, #10 (Rodgers) and #13 (Starr) were drafted by the Packers, but #8 (Staubach) and #14 (Aikman) were drafted by the Cowboys.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2020, 01:17:18 pm »

Alabama says Tua is 6'1". Not sure he really is....again not that it will prevent him from being one of the best QB's, but I'd still prefer he was a bit bigger.
He was measured at 6 ft even today and weighed 217....with a history of injuries in college. Say what you want but this does not bode well for him in the pros unless he's behind a terrific offensive line. Put all that together and he's not a good fit for Miami.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 01:34:14 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2020, 01:49:20 pm »

He was measured at 6 ft even today and weighed 217....with a history of injuries in college. Say what you want but this does not bode well for him in the pros unless he's behind a terrific offensive line. Put all that together and he's not a good fit for Miami.

Wilson is 5'11" and Brees is 6 feet. Lots of QBs are just an inch or 2 taller. I know his injury history is a concern and being 6'5" would be more ideal but it's not like he is 5'4" or anything.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2020, 02:19:31 pm »

Wilson is 5'11" and Brees is 6 feet. Lots of QBs are just an inch or 2 taller. I know his injury history is a concern and being 6'5" would be more ideal but it's not like he is 5'4" or anything.
It's not his height, it's his durability that is in question. He's a small guy who already has a history of injuries playing a position in a league that will prioritize putting hits on him and will make having a strong offensive line a priority if you want to give him a good shot at succeeding which Miami doesn't have. You're sticking a square peg in a round hole and hoping that it will fit. I just hope that Miami's talent evaluators will take a more realistic approach to his fit in Miami then most fans are.

Let the Lions draft him. I dare them. I double dog dare them.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 02:31:34 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2020, 03:02:16 pm »

It's not his height, it's his durability that is in question. He's a small guy who already has a history of injuries playing a position in a league that will prioritize putting hits on him and will make having a strong offensive line a priority if you want to give him a good shot at succeeding which Miami doesn't have. You're sticking a square peg in a round hole and hoping that it will fit. I just hope that Miami's talent evaluators will take a more realistic approach to his fit in Miami then most fans are.

Let the Lions draft him. I dare them. I double dog dare them.

Lions would get killed if they cut or traded Stafford this year but they would be in the clear in 2021. Of course, that would be incredibly awkward to have him play or be benched while Tua plays. Type of stuff that makes an 8 win team win 2 games due to terrible chemistry and uncertainty with the HC and GM.

As far as we go, sooner or later we have to improve the O-Line anyway so we can't use that as an excuse for not drafting QBs. We can very well turn it into a Top 10 unit in one offseason if we draft and play free agency well.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2020, 03:08:43 pm »

Tua will be an excellent Miami Dolphin.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2020, 06:56:49 pm »

I agree with you 1000%
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2020, 09:52:40 am »

Now there's an idea....

https://www.reddit.com/r/miamidolphins/comments/f9lw6o/everyone_can_i_have_your_attention_thank_you/

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2020, 09:56:46 am »

He can tweet out the N word on a daily basis and Cincy wouldn't pass up on him.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2020, 10:13:27 am »

I don't want Burrows and his 9" manlet hands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1232664494201020417?s=19

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h
Following two days of medical testing, #Bama QB Tua Tagovailoa received overwhelmingly positive reports on his dislocated hip from teams who examined him, sources say. The MRIs were as clean as hoped, fracture is healed, there is no loss of blood flow. One source: “Looked great."

Tua will have to wear something other than #13.  I think #1 would look good on him.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2020, 10:35:12 am »

I loved Burrows response to this.

“Considering retirement after I was informed the football will be slipping out of my tiny hands. Please keep me in your thoughts.”

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2020, 11:33:18 am »

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1232664494201020417?s=19

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1h
Following two days of medical testing, #Bama QB Tua Tagovailoa received overwhelmingly positive reports on his dislocated hip from teams who examined him, sources say. The MRIs were as clean as hoped, fracture is healed, there is no loss of blood flow. One source: “Looked great."

Tua will have to wear something other than #13.  I think #1 would look good on him.

Pretty remarkable since the consensus was his career was almost over when the injury occurred. Next stop free agency and then the draft.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2020, 01:13:50 pm »

Tua will be an excellent Miami Dolphin.

He will never play a full season regardless of the uniform
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2020, 01:20:04 pm »

Not only will he play a full season, he'll play multiple, screenshot this.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #194 on: February 26, 2020, 01:57:23 pm »

When I hear this I immediately think of Drew Brees and why we didn't think he would stand uo medically, or the reasons we passed on Brees to begin with. It also brings up how many reasons we had to pass up on Aarron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, and many others. It seems like we find reason why not to draft QBs much better than we find reasons to draft one. The consensus is Burrow and Tua have what it takes to be successful if things work out. I have no issue with them drafting Tua as long as everything looks good. As long as we've sucked we simply cannot risk him going somewhere else and being successful.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray