Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:56:50 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What number should Tua wear?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: What number should Tua wear?  (Read 8495 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2020, 04:22:11 pm »

That botched field goal actually made it a game.  The Dolphins dominated that game defensively from the get go.   

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2020, 04:49:32 pm »

You know what I would love to see? (although I know it will never happen). Marino un-retire his #13 and present it to Tua as a changing of the guard.
It's one thing to unretire a number because your team signed a veteran Peyton Manning, a sure-fire first-ballot HOFer based on his existing body of work.

It's quite another to unretire a number for an unproven rookie who has yet to take a single snap.  If Marino unretires his number for Tua, why even have it retired?

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2020, 06:04:48 pm »

It's one thing to unretire a number because your team signed a veteran Peyton Manning, a sure-fire first-ballot HOFer based on his existing body of work.

It's quite another to unretire a number for an unproven rookie who has yet to take a single snap.  If Marino unretires his number for Tua, why even have it retired?

Exactly, there is only one Number 13. Even Alex Rodriguez took the number because he was sch a fan of Marino. Hopefully, one day we can say "There is only one Number 1".
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2020, 06:57:41 pm »

Exactly, there is only one Number 13. Even Alex Rodriguez took the number because he was sch a fan of Marino. Hopefully, one day we can say "There is only one Number 1".
This guy?
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2020, 07:37:21 pm »

That botched field goal actually made it a game.  The Dolphins dominated that game defensively from the get go.   

If I remember correctly, Kuechenberg was pissed about him missing that FG (saw a video on it), especially since if he would have made it, they prob would have won 17-0 and capping off the perfect at 17-0 season.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2020, 11:07:02 pm »

What is going on in this picture?  It looks like he's wearing a jumpsuit with a color fade from white to blue.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2020, 12:11:17 pm »

What is going on in this picture?  It looks like he's wearing a jumpsuit with a color fade from white to blue.
I see what you're saying but i think that's a player on the bench in the far background out of focus, in a gap between his arm and his leg.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2020, 02:32:20 pm »

This guy?

I think you misunderstood. Warren didn't play for the Dolphins so his number is irrelevant in Miami's retired numbers.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2020, 04:20:24 pm »

I see what you're saying but i think that's a player on the bench in the far background out of focus, in a gap between his arm and his leg.
I see it now.  His lower body is at a really strange angle.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2020, 12:27:59 am »

We can only hope that Tua is as successful as Warren Moon was.  He is the only good QB that I can think of that wore #1.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2020, 07:53:27 am »

We can only hope that Tua is as successful as Warren Moon was.  He is the only good QB that I can think of that wore #1.

I find Moon overrated, so I hope he's more successful.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2020, 09:14:05 am »

I find Moon overrated, so I hope he's more successful.
First off I liked Warren Moon as he was good but there is no doubt he was given props much more easily than others. He was basically a .500 qb. His record was 102-101. Tannehill has better completion and td/int ratios.

Besides that ... Moon never won anything. I really hope Tua wins a lot and often.  Cheesy

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2020, 10:24:42 am »

Tannehill has better completion and td/int ratios.
You can't compare things like TD/INT ratios of previous eras to the modern one. It just doesn't work. The rules have completely changed the modern game and it's only going to get even more lopsided with all the rule changes for player safety. Coming across the middle of the field used to be a dangerous thing, it isn't anymore. And before that just playing WR was a dangerous thing, now a hand check is considered roughing up a WR. Not to mention that even glaring at a QB will get you a 15 yard unsportmanlike now.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:40:38 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2020, 04:07:00 pm »

First off I liked Warren Moon as he was good but there is no doubt he was given props much more easily than others. He was basically a .500 qb. His record was 102-101. Tannehill has better completion and td/int ratios.

Besides that ... Moon never won anything. I really hope Tua wins a lot and often.  Cheesy

Moon played professionally for 23 seasons, won 5 Championships in the CFL before joining the NFL, and held several all-time passing records when he retired.  He was head and shoulders above Tannehill.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2020, 05:24:20 pm »

LMAO ... there is a really big reason the CFL doesn't count in our record books. You might as well throw in Arena stats for Kurt Warner who did actually win something. Like I said ... I remember him well and liked him but he never seemed to live up to the hype that surrounded him.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray