Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:03:40 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Boohoo you poor victim.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Boohoo you poor victim.  (Read 4172 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: May 27, 2020, 04:07:33 pm »

Let’s all take moments to feel sorry for Amy Cooper and Terry Bush who both unfairly (in their minds) lost their jobs.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 04:59:58 pm »

Who?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 05:02:46 pm »

Who?

Those stories probably weren’t covered by Fox.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 06:26:07 pm »

UR stoopid

Tenshot  ... she's the girl who called the police and tried to act like a black man was attacking her on the trail and the other guy made a hanging effigy of the governor of Kentucky.

I can absolutely see why they got fired. I wouldn't want either representing me and my company.

I saw this today and thought Christian Cooper (no relation to Amy Cooper) is really coming off very well ... not that he needed to. we need more Chrisitan Coopers and much less Amy Cooper's who will say anything to get their entitled way.

"Christian Cooper, whose video of a woman calling the police on him while he was birdwatching went viral over the Memorial Day weekend, acknowledged the woman's apology but said her act was "definitely racist."

"I think her apology is sincere," Cooper told CNN's Don Lemon Tuesday night. "I'm not sure that in that apology she recognizes that while she may not be or consider herself a racist, that particular act was definitely racist."
"And the fact that that was her recourse at that moment -- granted, it was a stressful situation, a sudden situation -- you know, maybe a moment of spectacularly poor judgment. But she went there and had this racist act that she did."
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 06:27:48 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 11:15:48 pm »

Let’s all take moments to feel sorry for Amy Cooper and Terry Bush who both unfairly (in their minds) lost their jobs.

Can we add Trump to this list and is incessant whining about Twitter putting some fact checking disclaimers on a couple of his tweets. People get banned from twitter all the time for way less than any day to day crap he posts up there.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 07:34:25 am »

Why would anyone feel sorry for them?  They both did dumbazz things that deserved to get them fired and that is what happened to them.  Did either of them say that they unfairly lost their jobs?   
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 07:39:04 am »

How about using some effort and posting a link to the story instead of just assuming people know what the hell you're talking about.  You're an Ass....assss.....aaassssssumi ng I watch any news coverage instead of getting it from many sources on the internet, but I've got a business to run and haven't had time for the news lately.  So when you make a thread and I say "who", how about actually making a readable post about what you're talking about, thanks.

Tenshot  ... she's the girl who called the police and tried to act like a black man was attacking her on the trail and the other guy made a hanging effigy of the governor of Kentucky.

Thank you CF, yes I did hear about the lady that tried to call the police on the black guy bird watching, I just didn't know the names.  The dog is the real victim in that scenario, but the guy I heard on the radio yesterday said she surrendered the dog back to the rescue she got it from.  The other one I didn't hear, what's the big deal with that one?  Why does anyone care?  In fact, other than the woman looking like a huge fool, which was funny, why does anyone care about either of these stories?  I understand people are making it racial, but I think that lady is going to act the same no matter what color the person is that called her out for not having her dog on a leash.  That story is about her being addressed for doing something wrong and acting like a Karen about it, there isn't enough evidence to determine if she's being racist or not.  

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:49:10 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 08:42:14 am »

...I understand people are making it racial

Excuse me?  People are "making it racial?"   Her direct recorded quote was:  ""I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life."

Please tell me how that could be considered anything BUT racial...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 09:11:18 am »

Excuse me?  People are "making it racial?"   Her direct recorded quote was:  ""I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life."

Please tell me how that could be considered anything BUT racial...

He's African American right?  She didn't call him a slur did she?  She could be a racist, but do you know for sure?  That's my point, it's pure conjecture.  You don't know if she would say the same thing if it was an Asian or Hispanic person.  You're assuming she's a racist because she's white, which is a problem when people have to prove they aren't racist on a regular basis just for being white, because frankly white people are the only ones accused of being racists.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:39:01 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 09:58:21 am »

He's African American right?  She didn't call him a slur did she?  She could be a racist, but do you know for sure?  That's my point, it's pure conjecture.  You don't know if she would say the same thing if it was a white, Asian or Hispanic person.  You're assuming she's a racist because she's white, which is a problem when people have to prove they aren't racist on a regular basis just for being white, because frankly white people are the only ones accused of being racists.

I wonder if you're being naive because you live in some fantasy land where cops don't kill black men at such a high rate that it's one of the leading causes for black male mortality, or if you're being purposefully contrarian just to troll people. I suspect you're a troll, so .. troll on I guess.

She broke some stupid dogs must be on leashes rule and he called her out on it, she reacted by trying to get him killed by the police. An action she wouldn't have taken if he was white, because white guys can just swing knifes and machetes at the police and they don't even point guns, but if a black guy comes to a rolling stop at a stop sign, the swat team comes out.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 10:01:52 am »

He's African American right?  She didn't call him a slur did she?  She could be a racist, but do you know for sure?  That's my point, it's pure conjecture.  You don't know if she would say the same thing if it was a white, Asian or Hispanic person.  You're assuming she's a racist because she's white, which is a problem when people have to prove they aren't racist on a regular basis just for being white, because frankly white people are the only ones accused of being racists.

I'm assuming she is racist because she just threatened a black man with "death by cop."

She did that because he "asked" her to put her dog on the leash, which is required in the park.

If she wasn't racist, she would've just said ""I'm going to tell them there's a man threatening my life."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 10:14:37 am »

I wonder if you're being naive because you live in some fantasy land where cops don't kill black men at such a high rate that it's one of the leading causes for black male mortality, or if you're being purposefully contrarian just to troll people. I suspect you're a troll, so .. troll on I guess.

She broke some stupid dogs must be on leashes rule and he called her out on it, she reacted by trying to get him killed by the police. An action she wouldn't have taken if he was white, because white guys can just swing knifes and machetes at the police and they don't even point guns, but if a black guy comes to a rolling stop at a stop sign, the swat team comes out.
You call me naive and a troll, then go on some fantasy land scenario?  LMFAO!  Cops are not even close to the leading cause of black male mortality.  235 African Americans were killed by police last year nation wide.  That's 0.1% https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/.  In comparison, over 300 African Americans were killed in just Baltimore last year with almost all the murderers being African American. https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/op-ed/bs-ed-op-0406-black-crime-20200403-lyiri4nzuvbuxks6i2h6mhirtq-story.html.  By far, black on black crime is more of a cause for black male mortality than police.  

I think you're looping in the MN story with this, they are separate incidents.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:20:08 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 10:15:35 am »

I'm assuming she is racist because she just threatened a black man with "death by cop."

She did that because he "asked" her to put her dog on the leash, which is required in the park.

If she wasn't racist, she would've just said ""I'm going to tell them there's a man threatening my life."

Does she use the term death by cop?  I'm legit asking, when I heard the audio on the radio station I was listening to, they didn't mention that at all.  The worst she did was call him African American, which he is and that he was threatening her life, which he wasn't and a legit reason for her getting fired from her job.

If she wasn't racist, she would've just said ""I'm going to tell them there's a man threatening my life." So much conjecture.  That is a shaky opinion at best, not some rule of law on what is and isn't racism.

She's a typical Karen that overreacted to being called out for not following the rules.  She got fired for it and should have been.  End of story.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:43:30 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 10:23:06 am »

Does she use the term death by cop?  I'm legit asking,

If Christian Cooper would've been a white man, do you believe that Amy would've said ""I'm going to tell them there's a white man threatening my life."

Seriously?

The fact that you are arguing whether there is a racial aspect to this situation is either ridiculous or aggravating, depending on whether you "really" don't see it, or if you just prefer not to see it.

~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 10:41:50 am »

If Christian Cooper would've been a white man, do you believe that Amy would've said ""I'm going to tell them there's a white man threatening my life."

Seriously?

The fact that you are arguing whether there is a racial aspect to this situation is either ridiculous or aggravating, depending on whether you "really" don't see it, or if you just prefer not to see it.

I think when any person of any given race is describing a person of their own race to another person, there is more than a good chance they will not mention that persons race unless asked.  When that person describes another person of a different race, they will likely use that person's race as a descriptor.  That is an indoctrination that humans in general have, not just white people.

I'm all about giving people the benefit of the doubt, however, did I not say she could very well be a racist?  There is a conversation to be had about if this is racist or not, in which I believe it is not unless more evidence can show me otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:54:06 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray