Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:29:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Bills/NEP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Rooting for....
NEP   -3 (33.3%)
Bills   -3 (33.3%)
tie   -3 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Bills/NEP  (Read 1807 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: October 30, 2020, 01:20:26 pm »

This is an interesting game for Dolphins fans.

A New England win helps Miami to have any realistic shot and passing Buffalo for the division, in fact with a NE win and a Mia win and Mia controls own destiny for the division.

However, if you have given up on the division, a Bills win benefits Mia if it comes down to NE vs Mia for a wild card slot.

No asteroid option in poll. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 01:49:51 pm »

I've never cheered for the Patriots. I'm not going to start this week.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 01:56:28 pm »

I don't think far enough ahead to even think about wild card scenarios right now. So many other variables are going to affect that.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 02:04:21 pm »

I legit don't hate the Patriots and haven't for awhile now. I just came to the conclusion that I have no right to hate them if my team was pathetic and never seriously challenging them.

I live in NYC and I do hate Buffalo though because it has the most obnoxious fanbase in the world. Yes, even worse than Cowboys fans who don't live in Texas.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 02:35:34 pm »

I live in Boston. Nobody can be worse than Patriots fans, or Boston sports fans in general.

Bibamus, moriendum est

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 03:05:23 pm »

I live in Boston. Nobody can be worse than Patriots fans, or Boston sports fans in general.

Your chances of being beaten up at Fenway wearing Yankees gear or at Foxboro wearing Jets gear is lowering than your chances of getting assaulted wearing opposing fan gear at most other stadiums.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 03:17:33 pm »

Your chances of being beaten up at Fenway wearing Yankees gear or at Foxboro wearing Jets gear is lowering than your chances of getting assaulted wearing opposing fan gear at most other stadiums.
Well your city send absolute losers to Florida, because I've almost been in fights (plural) with Boston people while I was wearing local gear.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 03:18:47 pm »

I respectfully disagree with you about wearing Yankees gear at Fenway. Or on the T before and after games too. I don't know how things are at Gillette, but as Obi Wan says about Mos Eisley "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...." So I would watch my back if I were you.

Bibamus, moriendum est

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 05:05:07 pm »

Not too worried about the playoffs this year, but considering how the other divisions are looking, I think we'd have a hard time getting a WC without winning the division. Certainly, if we can't finish ahead of the Patriots, the odds of getting a Wild Card are nil, so a Patriots win is okay. I don't really care much.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 11:41:48 pm »

I was in Boston about 10 years ago doing the touristy thing downtown wearing a miami heat hat. I got a rash of shit from celtics fans. Also that evening was a Bruins home game against the canadiens and I for sure saw a fight break out right next to Quincy market between 2 bruins fans and a couple in montreal jerseys.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 12:18:21 pm »

I think the lesson to be learned here is that if you are in enemy territory, try to avoid 1) being a dick or 2) picking fights, because:

1) Being a dick pisses people off
2) The odds are good that you'll be outnumbered

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2020, 12:55:28 pm »

Funny how different areas of the country and of course rivalry makes such a difference. A few years ago we went to a game here in Dallas (granted, it was just a pre season game) in our Dolphins gear and everyone was so nice to us.  People were offering to take our picture for us, everyone was asking if we were from Miami, even had a couple die hard Cowboy fans ask if I would pose for a picture with them with all of us flipping each other off laughingly.  Hell, several people even invited us to join their tailgate parties. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2020, 05:11:02 am »

I think a tie is the best scenario. No one really benefits.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2020, 01:24:35 pm »

I was in Boston about 10 years ago doing the touristy thing downtown wearing a miami heat hat. I got a rash of shit from celtics fans. Also that evening was a Bruins home game against the canadiens and I for sure saw a fight break out right next to Quincy market between 2 bruins fans and a couple in montreal jerseys.
None of that was inside the stadium.  Evil
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2020, 06:05:26 pm »

I was rooting for the bills and glad they won, anything to take the pats out of the picture is good. Next time they play of course i will be rooting for the pats.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray