Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:26 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Bucs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Bucs  (Read 1647 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 10, 2021, 08:16:54 pm »

Head Coach.  Obvious reasons

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 09:14:28 pm »

My Shame of the Game goes to DC Josh Boyer and CB coach Charles Burks.  The secondary got shredded by Brady today. 

Honorable Mention to Dolphins4life for giving a Shame of the Game to Flores when the game wasn't even half over.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 09:52:33 pm »

Everyone except the Jacoby Brisket sandwich and Gaskin. They're the only two that gave an effort

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 10:26:22 pm »

Offensive coaching staff.  The players are a lot better than what is being seen on the field.  I hate mid-season firings, but things need to be massively shaken up before things are screwed up long term. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 09:15:38 am »

I can't really comment too much on this, for a couple of reasons.  It's hard to pick a biggest loser in a game I had no delusions of being competitive in, much less actually winning.  Instead, I decided to drink during the game so I wasn't pissed of.  I just hung out with friends and watched RedZone on a 2nd TV.

From what I saw, it's just the same kind of no tackling, dropping passes, can't run an offense that makes plays, can't stop on 3rd and long, etc.   Oh, and another "pretend to snap" on 4th and a few yards.  It's all so old-school.  I would love to have a team with the capability to actually go for it on 4th and short and have very little interest in the mindset of pretending to go for it to take an intentional penalty.

I don't really know what to say.  I think that are fundamentally the type of team that I'm not interested in.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 10:34:51 am »

I really can't pick a player, they were all so bad other than Gaskin.  Baker missed a lot of tackles, Howard got burned a couple of times.  I'll say Flores as my final answer though.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 10:50:25 am »

I can't really comment too much on this, for a couple of reasons.  It's hard to pick a biggest loser in a game I had no delusions of being competitive in, much less actually winning.  Instead, I decided to drink during the game so I wasn't pissed of.  I just hung out with friends and watched RedZone on a 2nd TV.

From what I saw, it's just the same kind of no tackling, dropping passes, can't run an offense that makes plays, can't stop on 3rd and long, etc.   Oh, and another "pretend to snap" on 4th and a few yards.  It's all so old-school.  I would love to have a team with the capability to actually go for it on 4th and short and have very little interest in the mindset of pretending to go for it to take an intentional penalty.

I don't really know what to say.  I think that are fundamentally the type of team that I'm not interested in.
Actually, for a while the offense was doing decent. It was the defense that was the main issue. Our vaunted secondary was looser than a coked up slut on a Friday night.

As for the "pretend to snap" on 4th and short. Who's gonna fall for that? It's so predictable. Shouldn't you be doing that on every snap? Using cadence to get a few free yards here or there. Hell, just snap it instead of bluffing and looking like an idiot. If BBQ Brisket's big ass can't get a couple yards rushing on a play action bootleg to the sidelines I don't know what to tell ya, lol....

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 11:29:55 am »

As for the "pretend to snap" on 4th and short. Who's gonna fall for that? It's so predictable.

For the bluff to work, you have to be willing to snap the ball if they don't bite.  And they never bite.  And we never snap. 

It's just old-school amateur shit.  I can't even believe I'm saying this, but we need to rehaul our identity...not a player, not a coach, but the way we collectively approach the game.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2021, 02:22:56 pm »

Oh, and another "pretend to snap" on 4th and a few yards.  It's all so old-school.  I would love to have a team with the capability to actually go for it on 4th and short and have very little interest in the mindset of pretending to go for it to take an intentional penalty.
Miami has been a "soft" team since Shula retired in my humble opinion. Basically playing "not to lose" instead of playing to win.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 02:24:38 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray