Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:53:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Trading Deadline Moves
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Trading Deadline Moves  (Read 1202 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: October 27, 2021, 02:57:56 pm »

While I am firmly of the belief that almost all of our issues are due to poor coaching, that doesn't mean we don't have some assets/useless junk to move because our season is over.

-Will Fuller is on a one year deal and not in our future plans so some team may dangle a 2023 5th rounder for him. The upside is there and he will be a free agent so motiavtion shouldn't be an issue.
-Albert Wilson and Preston Williams are obvious trash so maybe a 2029 7th rounder?
-We might not to admit defeat or see him shine with proper development elsewhere, but Noah should be considered as well. Year 2 and he is inactive every week, just get what you can and admit defeat.
-I don't think I am in favor of it but we should listen to offers on Xavien. His play has not been great and while we all know his ceiling, we know he can be a malcontent too. I wouldn't ditch him for a 1st rounder but if someone offers up a really nice package, we should consider it.

This is not a tear down and rebuild, just getting whatever you can for useless parts and listening to offers on X. Only thing we need to tear down is the coaching staff.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 03:05:17 pm »

I'm kind of at a different point where I don't think you can trade away your good players.  I used to understand that you were aiming for a window and if you were outside the window, you can give up your talent for future deals.  But I think you need some starting point and retaining your good players is really important now.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 03:16:51 pm »

I'm not for trading X but if you can get anything for any of our receivers not named Waddle I'd do it. Like Dave Hyde said yesterday ... they have continually showed you who they are so quit pretending they will be any different. Joe Rose followed up by pointing out they gave us a warning as they all were hurt all preseason. You can not count on any of those guys to be there.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 03:24:28 pm »

I fully expect Will Fuller to play as little as possible this season and then retire.

The player I would trade ASAP is Devante Parker.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 03:27:18 pm »

I'm kind of at a different point where I don't think you can trade away your good players.  I used to understand that you were aiming for a window and if you were outside the window, you can give up your talent for future deals.  But I think you need some starting point and retaining your good players is really important now.

I'm fine with holding onto X and other players we may feel are good, but I'm definitely in favor of dumping all spare parts and 1 year contracts. We are 99% eliminated from the playoffs right now so get what you can for tehm, even if it's laughably small. A 6th rounder for Fuller is fine, he does no good for us right now anyway.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2021, 11:27:31 am »

Apparently Brandin Cooks is being dangled in trade.  That's someone I would look hard at for this team right now.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 04:11:42 pm »

Fuller is about the only one I can see trading now.  He won't be here next year, and it doesn't matter if he wins us the next 9 games, Miami isn't making the playoffs this year.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 04:42:46 pm »

Time for a fire sale. Parker and X should be worth a good draft pick or two to some team.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 08:42:34 am »

Time for a fire sale. Parker and X should be worth a good draft pick or two to some team.

I flip flop on Howard but his play this year plus his impending "largest contract ever" means we should trade him now or during the offseason. He will be 29 next year as well with a large injury history, it's probably for the best that we get out now while we can. He will absolutely hold out and be a problem if we don't give him a humungous contract.

Parker had one great year when he somehow learned to be healthy. Keep him if he can find that again, but dumpo him if he can't.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 11:29:47 am »

With Fuller's well documented history of injuries with Houston (mostly seemingly non-serious injuries that kept him out of the line-up kind of like Parker) and the fact that he essentially hasn't played at all this season, I don't know if the Dolphins could even get a 7th rounder for him at this point.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 11:35:24 am »

With Fuller's well documented history of injuries with Houston (mostly seemingly non-serious injuries that kept him out of the line-up kind of like Parker) and the fact that he essentially hasn't played at all this season, I don't know if the Dolphins could even get a 7th rounder for him at this point.

I think some team would be okay with a 2024 7th rounder. He is worth that.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 12:52:16 pm »

I think some team would be okay with a 2024 7th rounder. He is worth that.

With a one year contract, he certainly isn't doing anything for the Dolphins.  So yeah, if they can get even a 2024 7th rounder it is better than nothing. 
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2021, 02:30:30 pm »

Fuller is about the only one I can see trading now.  He won't be here next year, and it doesn't matter if he wins us the next 9 games, Miami isn't making the playoffs this year.

Actually Preston Williams is another guy that can go.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2021, 02:36:14 pm »

I don't see the point in getting rid of Butterfingers; his salary is cheap for the next two years because they already paid out the signing bonus.  He's a decent #3 receiver, Miami just needs to find the #1 receiver they are lacking.

As for X, yes Miami is going to have to pay him in the off season, but he's a top player.  Buffalo stayed away from throwing in his direction practically the whole game, and instead picked on Byron.  Miami would have to get really lucky with a draft pick to replace him, and we all know that won't happen.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2021, 02:37:17 pm »

Shouldn't we be trading for an offensive line?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray