Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:06:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Do you think Flores gets a head coaching job this year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Do you think Flores gets a head coaching job this year?  (Read 4051 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2022, 02:50:41 pm »

This is the GM in Houston saying this and he definitely wouldn't be saying this if there was even a remote chance he could play for Houston because it has implications on their head coaching search. The fact he's saying this is proof beyond reasonable doubt that Watson is done in Houston. All that remains to be seen is what team he ends up playing for in 2022 or if he's out of the NFL for another year.

https://sports.yahoo.com/texans-gm-nick-caserio-deshaun-watson-is-more-than-likely-done-in-houston-for-good-211738734.html

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2022, 03:33:55 pm »

Really stupid thing for the GM to say as it will prevent them from getting the best coach possible as well as the best trade package possible. The Texans right now have very little talent but Watson is a star QB. His issues with the team are a combination of totally legitimate and some diva behavior. It is the Texans who said he couldn't play in 2021. The relationship is clearly damaged but I don't see how a guy like Flores could be hired and not get him back on the field. They have him sit any more games and his trade package will be a 3rd rounder in 2025.

The main problem has always been Texans management and ownership and it will be until they sell the team.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2022, 03:37:00 pm »

This is the GM in Houston saying this and he definitely wouldn't be saying this if there was even a remote chance he could play for Houston because it has implications on their head coaching search. The fact he's saying this is proof beyond reasonable doubt that Watson is done in Houston. All that remains to be seen is what team he ends up playing for in 2022 or if he's out of the NFL for another year.

https://sports.yahoo.com/texans-gm-nick-caserio-deshaun-watson-is-more-than-likely-done-in-houston-for-good-211738734.html

I agree.   But the article ends with a misleading comment about trading back just to move. If Houston is really done with Watson, they need to do everything they can to replace him in the draft, plus recoup some of the picks they lost in past trades in order to restock the talent cupboard on this team.  The QBs targeted to go in the first round this year aren't exactly going in the top ten, so trading back to the middle of the first round and picking up extra picks is huge.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2022, 04:00:17 pm »

I agree.   But the article ends with a misleading comment about trading back just to move. If Houston is really done with Watson, they need to do everything they can to replace him in the draft, plus recoup some of the picks they lost in past trades in order to restock the talent cupboard on this team.  The QBs targeted to go in the first round this year aren't exactly going in the top ten, so trading back to the middle of the first round and picking up extra picks is huge.

What you are saying makes total sense and Houston will do none of it because they are a horribly run franchise who seems intent on running a franchise QB out of town for pennies on the dollar. While paying him tens of millions to stay home.

A very dark and disturbed part of me wants us to trade for Watson now and send over Tua if Flores is named their Head Coach.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2022, 05:42:58 pm »

Really stupid thing for the GM to say as it will prevent them from getting the best coach possible as well as the best trade package possible.

Not necessarily IMO.  There are a lot of coaches that are not going to want to deal with all the bad press that Watson brings.  It's going to be a huge distraction once he takes the field again, if he ever does.  It's just as likely many top coaching candidates would not want to go to Houston because of all the uncertainty surrounding Watson.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2022, 08:36:05 pm »

Not necessarily IMO.  There are a lot of coaches that are not going to want to deal with all the bad press that Watson brings.  It's going to be a huge distraction once he takes the field again, if he ever does.  It's just as likely many top coaching candidates would not want to go to Houston because of all the uncertainty surrounding Watson.

At first it would be a circus but after Week 2, it would be gone. Once Watson and the team agree to work together, this is all over. Any HC would rather have Watson then the rookie QB they just had or who knows who else?

If they can't work together then a different story but I don't think any candidate would prefer a Watson trade over him staying.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2022, 04:01:00 pm »

Starting to look more and more like Flores won't be offered a head coaching job. That's what I thought. All that BS about him being the most sought after was ridiculous.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2022, 06:13:46 pm »

Starting to look more and more like Flores won't be offered a head coaching job. That's what I thought. All that BS about him being the most sought after was ridiculous.

I think people aren't appreciating the interview process. As a Head Coach, you have to lead men on the field and convince management and owners that you are worth the huge investment in guiding a team to a championship. If you interview like some kid out of college just grateful for an opportunity, they will probably go elsewhere. On the flip side, if you act like an arrogant prick then maybe ownership knows you will be hard to deal with and not hire you.

I think if Flores interviewed poorly, it's probably because he didn't take any blame for his failures or answered the Tua questions wrong.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2022, 07:15:55 pm »

When one of the teams searching for a head coach appears set on hiring a HIGH SCHOOL coach (with zero other coaching experience)... that's not exactly rational. Might as well believe in the Easterbunny.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2022, 08:18:40 pm »

Given Flores' lawsuit and revenge move against Ross and the Dolphins by saying Ross would pay him $100K per game to lose; he will never ever get another HC job in the NFL.  And I don't think he will ever even get a DC job in the NFL.  He better start looking at college Asst Coaching jobs, and he better invest the millions Ross paid him wisely.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2022, 04:36:33 pm »

Assistant coach with Steelers.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2022, 05:10:00 pm »

Assistant coach with Steelers.
Well I certainly don't see Lovie Smith hiring him ... hahaha. At this point I wouldworry about Flores undermining me if he was my assistant. He's shown he is his favorite person.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2022, 05:23:03 pm »

Good for Flores.  I thought his lawsuit would certainly spell the end of his career in the NFL, and it's appropriate that it's Art Rooney's team who hires him.

I don't bear any ill will towards Flores.  I believe he's a dick because he was taught by a dick that being a dick is the path to winning.  Maybe he can learn and grow under Tomlin.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2022, 07:46:05 pm »

Good for Flores.  I thought his lawsuit would certainly spell the end of his career in the NFL, and it's appropriate that it's Art Rooney's team who hires him.

I don't bear any ill will towards Flores.  I believe he's a dick because he was taught by a dick that being a dick is the path to winning.  Maybe he can learn and grow under Tomlin.
Minkah Fitzpatrick should be ecstatic to be reunited with Flores LMFAO

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2022, 08:32:47 pm »

Minkah Fitzpatrick should be ecstatic to be reunited with Flores LMFAO

He should demand a trade to Miami.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray