Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:17:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL Draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: NFL Draft  (Read 3396 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2022, 12:26:57 pm »

Team has to think about the future unless they plan on blowing it up if Brady retires again after the season. Having a redshirt season under Tom Brady is very valuable, especially if he knows you aren't a threat.

If they draft Willis or Corral, they would be throwing away last year's second round pick.  Not something a good GM does.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 12:38:58 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2022, 01:37:36 pm »

Interesting note ... about 25% of the teams did not pick in the first round this year. I'm not sure but it has to be close to a record if not a ecord in and of itself. This means roughly 25% of the audience didn't pay much attention and ratings will be down. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2022, 01:38:12 pm »

The "Fuck them picks" era is in full effect.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2022, 01:52:46 pm »

Interesting note ... about 25% of the teams did not pick in the first round this year. I'm not sure but it has to be close to a record if not a ecord in and of itself. This means roughly 25% of the audience didn't pay much attention and ratings will be down. 

And that means 25% of the teams had more than one pick.   I remember them pointing that out last night.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2022, 02:45:38 pm »

Team has to think about the future unless they plan on blowing it up if Brady retires again after the season. Having a redshirt season under Tom Brady is very valuable, especially if he knows you aren't a threat.

Why do you think he will retire after this season?  He still plays very well and still has his unequalled talent for making his opponents turn the ball over.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2022, 03:36:00 pm »

Seemingly so. Did the Rams actually plan to get rid of the draft and trade/sign etablished players or did it just work out? Either way there is no doubt some teams have taken notice of their success.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2022, 04:32:39 pm »

I started to notice how valuable they can be in trade chips when the Bills got Stefon Diggs. Other GMs are following suit, especially after the Rams just won the Superbowl. Picks are needed for cost control but sometimes you have to cash them in for established talent like we just did.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2022, 06:08:04 pm »

You think the other gms didn't notice Miami's great "Dump the talent, load up on the picks" experiment?  Roll Eyes

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2022, 09:33:08 pm »

End of round two, and I can't believe Nakobe Dean is still on the board! What's the red flag on this kid?

First TE picked up at 55. A couple of RB, but generally it's looking like the NFL scouts couldn't have really rated these positions highly. No QB taken round two either.

Less than 40 picks to go before we need to break ourselves away from those Tyreek Hill highlight packages...
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2022, 11:07:21 am »

Malik Willis goes to the Titans in the 3rd round. Incredible slide, it was projected that he was a possible Top 5 pick, guess the teams thought differently.

I think he is very talented, has a great arm and even better attitude. He should have a total redshirt season in Tennessee and then who knows? Kid seems easy to root for.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2022, 04:49:52 pm »

Crazy how far he fell. Wonder if something came out we aren’t aware of.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2022, 04:54:19 pm »

I was thinking that too but usually these things are known right away. When Tunsil fell to us from around 5 to 13, it was a big story. Falling from Top 5 to 3rd round? That's crazy.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2022, 08:34:53 pm »

Malik Willis goes to the Titans in the 3rd round. Incredible slide, it was projected that he was a possible Top 5 pick, guess the teams thought differently.

I think he is very talented, has a great arm and even better attitude. He should have a total redshirt season in Tennessee and then who knows? Kid seems easy to root for.

I was thinking that too but usually these things are known right away. When Tunsil fell to us from around 5 to 13, it was a big story. Falling from Top 5 to 3rd round? That's crazy.

I think it was just as case of the few teams in the market for an immediate starting QB woke up that no one else was really a threat, and waited out their time and addressed more high demand positions before getting around to it. Every year the NFL media hype up a bunch of QBs as first round picks - this is the first time for a while that the teams did not seem to buy into it.

To me the Nakobe Dean slide to 83 was far more surprising! Before the draft there were some murmers about his size, and afterwards about a pec injury that may or may not need surgery. It wasn't a major surprise that Quay Walker and Devin Lloyd were picked ahead of him, but a whole stack of other guys at the position? He's got to feel really dissed and pissed that four of his defensive teammates were picked in the first round while he was left to hang... this is going to be one super motivated and talented rookie!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2022, 09:32:46 am »

The Jets definitely won the draft.  They got the best CB, WR and RB, plus a good edge player.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2022, 01:57:03 pm »

The Jets definitely won the draft.  They got the best CB, WR and RB, plus a good edge player.

Way too early to tell. All of them could be busts that end their careers with a combined 7 starts while another team drafted 2 HOFs in the 5th round.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray