Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:13:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL Draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: NFL Draft  (Read 3395 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2022, 03:07:42 pm »

Way too early to tell. All of them could be busts that end their careers with a combined 7 starts while another team drafted 2 HOFs in the 5th round.
No shit captain obvious.  People are still going to put early grades on drafts, and mine is the Jets won.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2022, 09:55:15 am »

This is a really hard draft to grade right now... because so many teams (like us) basically elected to trade picks for players and stay out of it. There are a lot of A and B grades being thrown around out there regardless of which side of the fence they took. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in future, because there are going to be a bunch teams who will could like Kings or fools in a few years.

On the surface, of the teams who were really active, I'd lean towards the Ravens and then Jets purely on picks, but the Eagles are the wildcard with that draft day swoop on A.J. Brown as well as picking up two of the top defensive talents from that Georgia NCAA Championship defense.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2022, 09:58:05 am »

This is a really hard draft to grade right now... because so many teams (like us) basically elected to trade picks for players and stay out of it. There are a lot of A and B grades being thrown around out there regardless of which side of the fence they took. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in future, because there are going to be a bunch teams who will could like Kings or fools in a few years.

On the surface, of the teams who were really active, I'd lean towards the Ravens and then Jets purely on picks, but the Eagles are the wildcard with that draft day swoop on A.J. Brown as well as picking up two of the top defensive talents from that Georgia NCAA Championship defense.

If you grade a teamn's draft by who they traded draft picks for, tghen we got an A. If you don't.....D? I dunno, we didn't really have picks.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2022, 10:22:45 am »

If you grade a teamn's draft by who they traded draft picks for, tghen we got an A. If you don't.....D? I dunno, we didn't really have picks.

We were never going to get one of the top receivers with pick 29. So the question will always be Tyreek Hill vs who we could have got at picks 29 and 50 and 121.

If Tyreek is the superstar that what he was with KC, it's an A+, regardless of the rest.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2022, 11:51:56 am »

We were never going to get one of the top receivers with pick 29. So the question will always be Tyreek Hill vs who we could have got at picks 29 and 50 and 121.

If Tyreek is the superstar that what he was with KC, it's an A+, regardless of the rest.

Well, this should be easy to compare since the Chiefs traded all of our picks to the Patriots, so we will see those guys for years to come.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2022, 02:13:53 pm »

Well, this should be easy to compare since the Chiefs traded all of our picks to the Patriots, so we will see those guys for years to come.

I haven't really heard any commentary on whether this was a good/dumb move for the Chiefs.  Seems like the Chiefs gave up too much just to move up 8 spots, then they draft a CB.  The Chiefs waited until their 3rd pick to even draft a replacement WR for Hill.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2022, 03:41:46 pm »

I haven't really heard any commentary on whether this was a good/dumb move for the Chiefs.  Seems like the Chiefs gave up too much just to move up 8 spots, then they draft a CB.  The Chiefs waited until their 3rd pick to even draft a replacement WR for Hill.

One of my employees is a big Chiefs fan.   He says they attempted to move up in the draft but were rebuffed, and then came that run on WRs.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray