Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:21:54 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Florida is fucked up.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Florida is fucked up.  (Read 524 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: May 14, 2022, 09:49:06 am »

So it is okay to call black students n*****s.  It is okay for a teacher to say blacks are inferior to whites.  But it is not okay to teach about slavery or segregation in a way that might make some (white} students uncomfortable.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2022/05/12/mother-plans-to-sue-school-duval-county-schools-principal-over-alleged-racial-discrimination/

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 05:25:47 pm »

Why should the school be held responsible for something a couple of students did when the school disciplined the students properly.   If these students continue to make racial slurs, they should be more severely disciplined on a progressive scale up to the point where they are expelled from school.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 05:13:14 pm »

Why should the school be held responsible for something a couple of students did when the school disciplined the students properly.   If these students continue to make racial slurs, they should be more severely disciplined on a progressive scale up to the point where they are expelled from school.

According to the article, it wasn't just students...

"Beechem’s son] asked his teacher...how she would feel if someone called her a “cracker,” and she responded by calling him a [n-word], and saying, ‘you don’t have the privilege to call white people “crackers” because Black people are beneath white people.’”

If it was just students, I'd have less of an issue with it...but when teachers join in...ouch

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 09:00:56 am »

According to the article, it wasn't just students...

"Beechem’s son] asked his teacher...how she would feel if someone called her a “cracker,” and she responded by calling him a [n-word], and saying, ‘you don’t have the privilege to call white people “crackers” because Black people are beneath white people.’”

If it was just students, I'd have less of an issue with it...but when teachers join in...ouch

I find that hard to believe but if true I really hope there were witnesses. That's f'ed up. Mandarin has plenty of minorities in that school so I find it really hard to belive that people are going around freely calling people the n word. I'm guessing this isn't the norm.

It's unfair but in Florida, at least around here, if kids fight both students get suspended these days. Even if you don't fight back in some instances that I've heard about.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 09:32:25 am »

I find that hard to believe but if true I really hope there were witnesses.

From the article: 

Beechem’s attorney, Jasmine Rand, said seven other students in the classroom have submitted written statements confirming that the teacher used racist language at Beechem’s son.

I don’t know why you find it hard to believe….oh that’s right … you find it hard to believe because Tucker Carson told you the last incidents of racism against blacks in America ended in the 1960s and now it is whites who are being treated unfairly and this all too common occurrence contradicts the on going narrative about race that Fox feeds you.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 09:56:57 am »

From the article: 

Beechem’s attorney, Jasmine Rand, said seven other students in the classroom have submitted written statements confirming that the teacher used racist language at Beechem’s son.

I don’t know why you find it hard to believe….oh that’s right … you find it hard to believe because Tucker Carson told you the last incidents of racism against blacks in America ended in the 1960s and now it is whites who are being treated unfairly and this all too common occurrence contradicts the on going narrative about race that Fox feeds you.
Lol ... you're a dork who is trying too hard to be relavant in an online world. I didn't read the whole article but skimmed it and missed that. Kind of why I said "I really hope there were witnesses".  For the record I've never watched Tucker Carlson or anyone on Fox News so you can rest easy. Other than a clip here or there that gets posted online I don't think I've ever watched one show of the nightly talking heads.

Actually I find it hard to believe because I am around some of the biggest backwoods rednecks in Florida and I rarely, if ever, hear anyone being racist. In fact I'm more likely to hear a black, latino, or even an Arab friend refer to white people as crackers and an occasional honkey than I ever would someone using the N word. Minorites feel safe to be racist and as such are much more likely to do so. For white people that kind of went out in the 70/80s when everyone called each other the N word.

This guy who just shot up a grocery store is obviously a racist with a mental issue ... although the two go hand in hand. The saddest part to me is he let everyone know along the way and yet authorities didn't stop it. I really hope they do something to address this teacher.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray