Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:00:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  The midterms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: The midterms  (Read 2942 times)
DenverFinFan
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2022, 07:02:32 pm »

That sounds like the GOP to a tee.

Then again, one of our Republican governors, (Romney) instituted Obamacare in our state long before Obama did.

Things can be confusing

Charlie Baker's response to Covid was very liberal.  He took aggressive action.  Our state did not run out of beds in the hospital, and most people did not experience financial hardships.

Well except Polis didn’t cut any social services and isn’t pushing right wing cultural wars but yeah he could be considered a “fiscal conservative”
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2022, 09:36:50 pm »

I voted Republican, however, some people in that party anger me because of their disrespect towards me, both as a healthcare worker and somebody who suffers from mental health issues.

Is it appropriate to rub it in to them about their failures this election when I voted Republican?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DenverFinFan
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2022, 02:07:50 am »

I voted Republican, however, some people in that party anger me because of their disrespect towards me, both as a healthcare worker and somebody who suffers from mental health issues.

Is it appropriate to rub it in to them about their failures this election when I voted Republican?

I’d probably just leave the republicans man, in a few years mental illness will grant you a one way ticket to a gas chamber.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2022, 11:29:22 am »

Republicans are a party.  But they can change and they probably should.

They're archaic on climate change, LGBT, abortion...even things like healthcare.

So, there is a place for financial conservatism.  There is a place for military spending.  There is a place for "don't spend my taxes on things I'm morally against."  It's a back and forth.
But those aren't the cornerstones of the Republican party of now.  They are focusing on culture wars.  But it will correct and swing back and forth.  It always does.

I drink your milkshake!
DenverFinFan
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2022, 11:53:45 am »

They're archaic on climate change, LGBT, abortion...even things like healthcare.

So, there is a place for financial conservatism.  There is a place for military spending.  There is a place for "don't spend my taxes on things I'm morally against."  It's a back and forth.
But those aren't the cornerstones of the Republican party of now.  They are focusing on culture wars.  But it will correct and swing back and forth.  It always does.

I hope you’re right but I don’t think they are ever going back, at least not anytime soon. They are completely subsumed by the religious fanatics.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2022, 12:43:11 pm »

I hope you’re right but I don’t think they are ever going back, at least not anytime soon. They are completely subsumed by the religious fanatics.

I think they have to if they want to be nationally relevant.  People wants legal abortion.  Even Republicans.  If they hold on to dying positions, they will die with them.

I drink your milkshake!
DenverFinFan
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2022, 12:56:23 pm »

I think they have to if they want to be nationally relevant.  People wants legal abortion.  Even Republicans.  If they hold on to dying positions, they will die with them.

Again I hope you’re right, but I think it’s just as likely they do whatever it takes to maintain minority rule.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2022, 12:28:37 pm »

Fear not! The Republicans saw the polling results and now have a plan to make sure 2020 &2022 are not repeated.  Change their unpopular policies? No, the plan is to raise the voting age to 21.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2022, 12:31:46 pm »

i saw 30 in some places .. you know what they say .. if you can't beat them .. oppress them
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2022, 03:05:38 pm »

i saw 30 in some places .. you know what they say .. if you can't beat them .. oppress them

I have a friend who was wearing a tee shirt that says, "if voting changed anything they would make it illegal". So I told her she should Google how many laws Republicans have introduced to restrict voting in the past two years.  Next day she texted me to tell me she registered to vote.  2022 was her first election she voted in.  I am kinda proud of myself. 

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2022, 10:34:19 pm »

I voted a straight Democratic ticket for only the second time in my life, (and I've voted in every election since the early '80's) and until the GOP loses its "we'll do whatever Trump says, and believe whatever he wants us to believe" mindset, especially when it comes to election-denying, I can't see myself going back.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2022, 01:30:17 pm »

I voted a straight Democratic ticket for only the second time in my life, (and I've voted in every election since the early '80's) and until the GOP loses its "we'll do whatever Trump says, and believe whatever he wants us to believe" mindset, especially when it comes to election-denying, I can't see myself going back.

Oddly enough 2022 was only the second time I voted in a Republican primary.  The Republican governor primary was between a Mega and non Maga candidate. And one of the few times I voted for a Republican in the general election. Anthony Amore an anti-Trump Republican.  While I alighieri more with the Democrat that won, I want non trumpers to take back the Republican party.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2022, 12:12:42 am »

Arizona stepped up again, with Katie Hobbs beating the "Soft Light Skank & Supreme Election Denier" Kari Lake for Governor.

One more AZ state election to go, with hometown candidate Kris Mayes (Prescott, AZ) with a tiny-tiny lead over another election denier, Abraham Hamadeh for the office of Attorney General.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2022, 09:52:46 am »

Congratulations to Senate Democrats for suddenly pulling ahead & winning surprise victories by the perfect margins 4 days after the polls close in the dead of night in states with mail in voting for the 2nd time in a row. We'd never seen such a thing in the 244 years of free elections. You are pioneers.

In all honesty the elections are what is going to start a civil war. I don't think it will be a social issue. Unless states can figure out a way to perform elections in a way people feel they are legit and completed on election day we run the risk of undermining people's trust. It could have started sooner but I remember Al Gore and company (who I voted for)  doing it first, then Hillary, then Trump, and now moderate conservatives complaining.  No matter who you vote for when voter confidence is eroded enough people will try and take things into their own hands and that's scary to me.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2022, 11:57:59 am »

You either have mail in voting, or you don't.

If you do, then you have to wait for the ballots to arrive, to then count them.  You can't count ballots in the mail on election night.

To be fair, none of these victories were really surprising. The republicans ran ass candidates. Like unelectable for dog catcher ass candidates.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray