Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:57:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Year - Regular Season
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Year - Regular Season  (Read 4602 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 09, 2023, 07:28:19 pm »

Byron Jones, I guess

I was going to give it to X, but his bending his body in Baltimore, as I in my amazing insight and knowledge predicted, led to Miami making the playoffs.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 09:03:36 pm »

Easily Byron Jones.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 09:37:32 am »

Lot of good candidates this year with Austin Jackson and Jason Sanders, but Byron Jones is the way to go. He literally quit on the team.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 08:19:31 pm »

Jason Sanders and whatever the name of our DC is
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 08:42:03 am »

Byron Jones is not only the biggest hame of the year but he is the biggest disappointment we have ever had. Second highest paid player on defense and he didn't play a snap. Hell ... he never even practiced.  Honestly ... has anything like that ever happened?  Every single dollar was a waste and the worst part is we were counting on him. Had we known we could have made a move to replace him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 07:00:08 pm »

^^^ Hopefully this is a lesson to STOP giving these huge signing bonuses to players, when the "bonus" is actually salary.  Teams should get back to paying normal salaries and normal signing bonuses, except in some rare instances.  They create these huge dead cap numbers so you can't just cut the guy; and it gives players like Jones the means to sit out the entire season with a fantom injury and collect a paycheck.

Personally I'd like to see all contracts guaranteed, and if a player is cut his salary doesn't count against the teams' salary cap.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 11:49:52 pm »

Teddy Bridgewater.

He was brought in as an insurance policy for a QB we feared could have some injury issues (to say nothing of the possibility of being benched) and he turned in a Ray Lucas-level performance.

Teddy brought absolutely zero value to the team.  He was a wasted roster spot.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 09:30:11 am »

Teddy Bridgewater.

He was brought in as an insurance policy for a QB we feared could have some injury issues (to say nothing of the possibility of being benched) and he turned in a Ray Lucas-level performance.

Teddy brought absolutely zero value to the team.  He was a wasted roster spot.

Another fantastic candidate. He was worse than Ray Lucas because at least Ray Lucas stayed on the field. Teddy was terrible AND kept getting hurt.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 09:39:09 am »

I think that Jones is the only answer, but he's such a special case.

I want to bring Mike Gesicki into the honorable mention category.

Something about him has rubbed me the wrong way this year.  I get that we don't use him in a way that best maximizes his skill set, so I'm prepared to grade on a curve.  But even then, he never seemed to improve or try to fit in at all in a blocking scenario.  And he dropped a lot of balls this year in key situations, even when we did target him.

But worse than all of that, he said some "at least they're using you right" bullshit in mic'd up segments with other players.  I got no time for that no-teamwork nonsense, especially when your production has dropped off.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023, 12:50:47 pm »

I am going to change my vote to Mark Ingram. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2023, 01:00:40 pm »

There are a couple reasons I didn't pick Jones.

1) Injury is injury.  We can talk a bunch of trash about Byron Jones or Will Fuller sitting, but we've also seen an injured X going out there and getting torched weekly.
2) Kohou has played as well as we would have expected from Jones anyway!  If Jones is playing injured and Kohou can't get off the bench, is the team really any better?

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2023, 01:35:16 pm »

I think the thought process is that Jones' issue is something in addition to injury -- he was quiet quitting in some fashion.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2023, 01:40:19 pm »

A lot of people said the same thing about Fuller last year, though.  And the general vibe is that it would be preferable for an injured player to "tough it out" and get on the field, but I don't know that an injured Jones would have been better than what we got from Kohou.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2023, 02:26:33 pm »

A lot of people said the same thing about Fuller last year, though.  And the general vibe is that it would be preferable for an injured player to "tough it out" and get on the field, but I don't know that an injured Jones would have been better than what we got from Kohou.

I don't think any of us buy it that he was hurt to start the season, let alone miss the whole year. Same as Fuller last year, finger injuries don't last 4 months. For that reason, we hate him. If he was just genuinely hurt, that's disappointing but understandable.

Jones playing would've allowed X to miss a few games and fully heal, as hamstring injuries are tricky and if they aren't 100%, they are always a problem. What would've happened this seaosn with a healthy Xavien? Hard to say, but Jones and the other injuries stopped that from happening.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2023, 05:44:06 pm »

Jones was supposed to be back for camp and then the start of the season. Doctors miss by a week or maybe two. They don't miss by 4 months to injuries that they see every freaking day. Jones is a bum and I think the coaches would tell you that if they could. I know Sam Madison would.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray