Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:56:07 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Ron DeSantis vs Ronald Reagan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Ron DeSantis vs Ronald Reagan  (Read 1455 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 23, 2023, 07:19:56 pm »

Both are from the Republican party.

Reagan instituted wildly popular economic policies that caused the budget deficit to soar

DeSantis instituted wildly popular COVID policies that caused Covid cases to soar.

Both remained extremely popular due to their personalities.

Is this a legitimate analogy?

Ronny D is the GOP's best chance of getting Joe Biden out of the White House

Sidenote: I have the same birthday as him, which I consider to be an honor to share with such a great man.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DenverFinFan
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 08:46:01 pm »

Pretty early for these comparisons. I sure as hell hope not because Ronnie was without a doubt the most destructive president in history.

It’s yet to be seen if DeSantis as has any appeal outside of Florida. He doesn’t seem to have that weird anti-charisma that Trump has or whatever spell he has over people.

It’s way to early to speculate because to much can happen by then but I’d  say Biden will narrowly get a second term.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 08:52:37 pm »

Pretty early for these comparisons. I sure as hell hope not because Ronnie was without a doubt the most destructive president in history.

It’s yet to be seen if DeSantis as has any appeal outside of Florida. He doesn’t seem to have that weird anti-charisma that Trump has or whatever spell he has over people.

It’s way to early to speculate because to much can happen by then but I’d  say Biden will narrowly get a second term.

Where do you get the idea that Reagan was destructive?

Are you saying he is why they've struggled that last 32 years?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 10:06:01 pm »

It's been so long since I've seen a Republican worth voting for, that I'm not sure that animal exists anymore...

It sure isn't DeSanctimonious, that's for sure.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 07:41:56 am »

I thought this was going to be about a jelly bean eating contest.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 08:27:56 am »

He got a pretty positve response in Kansas City last weekend just walking around the field prior to the Jags- Chiefs game. I would have expected it from Jags fans but they were few in number compared to the Chiefs.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 02:18:50 pm »

I thought this was going to be about a jelly bean eating contest.

Why?

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 02:19:45 pm »

It's been so long since I've seen a Republican worth voting for, that I'm not sure that animal exists anymore...

It sure isn't DeSanctimonious, that's for sure.

Don't you think it might be better to vote for candidates based on their policies and their abilities, instead of their personalities?

I think the 2020 election proved this, as Biden continues to run this country into the ground.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 02:41:52 pm »

Ron DeSantis has served in the military, something neither Biden or Trump did.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2023, 02:34:15 pm »

DeSantis made a wonderful speech today telling all of his wonderful achievements as governor.

Everybody cheered.

It does make you wonder if Florida's Covid data was falsified

DenverFinFan
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2023, 12:09:19 pm »

Where do you get the idea that Reagan was destructive?

Are you saying he is why they've struggled that last 32 years?

Ronnie started the destruction of the middle class and his rampant and unparalleled corruption set the stage for politics as they are now. If something is wrong in the world i guarantee you it can be traced back to Rancid Ronald Reagan.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2023, 12:26:53 pm »

The gop has won the popular vote twice in the nine elections since Reagan.  DeSantis would almost surely win the popular vote

DenverFinFan
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2023, 12:33:11 pm »

The gop has won the popular vote twice in the nine elections since Reagan.  DeSantis would almost surely win the popular vote

Republicans may win the presidency but unless another 9/11 happens they are never winning the popular again.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2023, 12:50:58 pm »

DeSantis is doing a phenomenal job at firing up the extremists within the GOP (great for the primary) but at the cost of alienating moderates (bad for the general election).  While the far right wing may love his sending refugees from Texas to Massachusetts, his extreme positions on abortion, his war on teachers, his war on the LBGT, his book burnings, and him valuing guns more than students, none of those positions will win him votes with independents.     

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2023, 01:41:20 pm »

Ron DeSantis has served in the military, something neither Biden or Trump did.

Careful with jumping to conclusions. I spent 8 years on active duty, and I know soooo many ex-military members that I wouldn't vote for if you paid me.

DeSantis would almost surely win the popular vote

I sure as hell hope not...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray