Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 07:33:39 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Bills vs Chiefs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bills vs Chiefs  (Read 817 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: December 04, 2023, 03:58:44 pm »

Who do you want to win or what would help miami the most

If Chiefs lose then Miami (pending if they can be the titans) gains a 2 game lead on the chiefs but Buffalo can still make a run to catch Miami especially with Miami last three games being against teams over .500.

If Bills lose then it puts Miami in a good position to win the division but the chiefs will still be right behind Miami.
AQNOR

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 04:38:54 pm »

Hoping the Chiefs win.   Win that division and get that first round home game.   You've still got a one game lead on the Chiefs and you have a road game with the Ravens.  That will be the true test of your playoff seeding.   But winning your division gives you a better opportunity to do something you haven't done in over 20 years.... win a playoff game.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 06:24:33 pm »

I would prefer a Chiefs loss.

MIA is in a position to be able to claim a #1 seed.  This will likely prove necessary for a Super Bowl run, as the Dolphins have not played well on the road against quality teams.  I'm well past the point of rooting to make the playoffs, and this team is too good to root for winning the division or winning a playoff game.  Or to put another way:

- As records stand today, if the Dolphins fail to win the division, there was a major collapse, one of the worst in team history
- If the Dolphins continue to play well, win the division and a Wild Card playoff game, then lose a divisional round playoff game, I will still be disappointed with the outcome

Right now, today, my mindset is conference-championship-game-or-bust.  In my opinion, a Chiefs loss is the best path to that outcome.  If a BUF win Sunday ends up hurting MIA at all, it means the Dolphins already went off the rails and a deep playoff run is all but unthinkable.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 06:42:43 pm »

My head says that I want the Chiefs to lose because what Spider says is absolutely right.

But my heart says to hate on Buffalo until they're out of the picture.  I have been hurt a lot.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 07:36:54 pm »

My head says that I want the Chiefs to lose because what Spider says is absolutely right.

But my heart says to hate on Buffalo until they're out of the picture.  I have been hurt a lot.

Same here with the heart vs. brain. It's hard to root for a division rival, but if the Chiefs are 2 games back then they are pretty much out of the picture for the #1 seed. Buffalo is still more likely to miss the playoffs or at least not win the division even with the Chiefs victory.

We're all terrified about Week 18, but right now we can dream about the big picture. If Buffalo is challenging for the division in Week 18, odds are we fucked up somehow.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 07:55:32 pm »

I really love the idea that the last week of the season, we're playing for the first round BYE and Buffalo is playing for the last wildcard spot.  That's the game I want.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 08:48:31 am »

A tie might be the most beneficial to Miami.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2023, 07:31:04 pm »

I really love the idea that the last week of the season, we're playing for the first round BYE and Buffalo is playing for the last wildcard spot.  That's the game I want.

I would prefer Buffalo already being eliminated and the lockerroom is in disarray, causing them to get blown out by 50.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2023, 08:46:20 am »

Like I said in the other post, if we win out from here, then this game doesn't matter.

I hate both teams, so to be honest, I don't really care the result.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray