Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:20:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Trade Madison?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Poll
Question: what do you think Saban could get in trade for Madison, if he opted to trade him?
Late first round or second round pick from a team that is "really really close"   -3 (13.6%)
3rd or 4th round pick   -6 (27.3%)
A conditional pick for '07 draft based on his play in '06   -3 (13.6%)
A lot of laughter on the other end of the phone line, since everyone knows he will be released.   -10 (45.5%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Trade Madison?  (Read 12229 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2006, 08:57:27 pm »

madison can't be traded... basically it takes someone to trade with, and really, what team is going to absorb a 3.5 million cap hit in 06 to take on sam (besides the fact that they would have to give up something in return)?? well, not counting if schlepman is around with some other organization  Grin thank god that guy is no longer in our front office...

Call the Atlanta Falcons.  They're in dire need of a half decent cover corner.  Maybe we can get Matt Schaub for him. 
KYfinfan

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2006, 10:47:54 pm »

Cutting him would create a $6,332,931 hit - which is probably this years bonus + next years bonus.

That's why I suggested that they could go ahead and cut him.  It appears that if Sam plays next year he is a $6.3+ million cap hit.  If traded he is a $5.8+ million cap hit(What's left of his bonus).  You can save about 500K and get him off the books for '07.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray