Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:28:49 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What is this about Culpepper not starting Week 1?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What is this about Culpepper not starting Week 1?  (Read 5629 times)
ADeadSmitty
Uber Member

What can Brown do for us?

ADeadSmitty
« on: March 27, 2006, 10:02:21 am »

Implicit in a bunch of posts (like in the recent thread about the opening game at the Steelers) is the idea that Culpepper might not be ready to start Week 1. WTF!? Isn't this one of the main benefits of getting a veteran?

Culpepper is a veteran QB who has played in a system similar to Miami's his entire career (Linehan's fingerprints are still on Miami's system.) We acquired him SIX MONTHS before the start of the season. Yet we're still being told he might not start Week 1? Give me a break. If I want someone to sit on the bench and "learn the system" for half the year, I'll draft a QB who's younger, hungrier, and cheaper.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 10:03:24 am »

It has nothing to do with the system. Remember, he has been playing in this system for several years. It all has to do with his knee injury, and whether or not he will be ready to go.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
ADeadSmitty
Uber Member

ADeadSmitty
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 10:04:02 am »

It all has to do with his knee injury, and whether or not he will be ready to go.

Got it. Thanks.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 11:10:39 am »

Got it. Thanks.

Surprised you missed that.  It was all over the news, and it's also one of the reasons why he was even being shopped.  Word is, he will be ready for training camp.   
ADeadSmitty
Uber Member

ADeadSmitty
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 02:53:35 pm »

I thought he was being shopped because of Miami's excellent sex-boat scene.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 02:59:31 pm »

That's just a perk or the job.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 05:07:55 pm »

That's another good reason.  Additionally, it was his subpar performance in 2005 as well as his chilly relationship with the new owner and new coach.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 05:22:19 pm »

I'm locking this thread, because people like Tommy can't tell a joke when they see one (unless Bob Flanders tells them its a joke)

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 05:24:56 pm »

I'm locking this thread, because people like Tommy can't tell a joke when they see one (unless Bob Flanders tells them its a joke)
bleh - who gave YOU authority?
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 05:26:47 pm »

bleh - who gave YOU authority?

The fact that I am a moderator and the topic of the thread was answered in the first response, so it basically became jokes, and people not understanding jokes.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 05:39:26 pm »

The fact that I am a moderator and the topic of the thread was answered in the first response, so it basically became jokes, and people not understanding jokes.
Speaking of people not understanding jokes..... Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray