Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:55:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Least favorite CURRENT Dolphin?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Least favorite CURRENT Dolphin?  (Read 26801 times)
bsfins
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 10:46:58 am »

Bad offense?...what a cop out answer....GET the F*$^ OPEN!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 10:50:03 am »

Bad offense might sound like a cop out, but seriously -- we zeroed in on Chambers last season.  He was Gus' first option, and then we'd do dump off passes.  Very rarely did Booker see a pass downfield.

EDIT -- not that I don't see where the Marty B. pick is coming from.   The guy hasn't been all he can be, no doubt...  I just think our offense probably didn't help that too much.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 10:53:34 am by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 12:48:01 pm »

Ricky Williams:

Proven 3-time looser (4th pending). What ever happened to the old saying "3 strikes and your out"? Now 3 strikes = 4 game suspension... a 4th strike = 1 year suspension. How many chances does this guy get?  Huh

I wonder what happens when you've served your year-long suspension, then fail the test a 5th time?  Anybody know?
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 12:56:07 pm »

I wonder what happens when you've served your year-long suspension, then fail the test a 5th time?  Anybody know?
You win a night of bliss with special host Steve Howe.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 01:42:12 pm »

I believe you get kicked out of the league.

I might be wrong, but I think I remember hearing that a while ago.
NoFish

'07 Phins Team Photo

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 02:36:19 pm »

I believe you get kicked out of the league.

I might be wrong, but I think I remember hearing that a while ago.

Found this kind of loooong, old article, but the key word is near the end: "BANISHMENT! "

NFL Substance Abuse Policy 101
Chris Whalen [cwhalen(at)bootlegsports.c // 11/05/2002

Dale Carter was just reinstated yesterday. We all remember Leon Lett’s troubles, as well as many others. So what is the policy of the NFL anyway? Why is it in place? Was there really that much of a drug habit going on in the NFL? Let’s face it, teams can give these guys HARD drugs to get them on the field, but as far as recreational use the 60s and 70s are OVER. The official NFL legal reasoning for having such a policy is as follows:

“The illegal use of drugs and the abuse of prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, and alcohol (hereinafter referred to as "substances of abuse") is prohibited [ftnt 1] for players in the National Football League ("NFL"). Moreover, the use of alcohol may be prohibited for individual players in certain situations where clinically indicated in accordance with the terms of this Policy.

Substance abuse can lead to on-the-field injuries, to alienation of the fans, to diminished job performance, and to personal hardship. The deaths of several NFL players have demonstrated the potentially tragic consequences of substance abuse. NFL players should not by their conduct suggest that substance abuse is either acceptable or safe. “

Basically keep the players safe so they can perform is the way I read it. There are image considerations to be sure as well as personal safety and well-being. But to institute a policy you at least have to create the image of risk. This is the statement the NFL works off of (directly from the NFL lawyers website). The policy itself is defined in each collective bargaining agreement. Essentially, the penalties involved for violation, the definition of different stages of the plan, etc. are redefined each time there is a new collective bargaining agreement. The plan changed from 1993 to 1999 etc. As I am sure it will be redefined again when the new plan is agreed upon.

Stage 1 is fairly straightforward. Essentially a positive test of someone. Now this could be a random test or a tip from someone such as NFL security or the team. All tests are confidential but a failure gets you into Stage 1. This stage is not to last more than 60 days, during which there is random testing. A player is usually given a few days notice but must not miss the test. Failure of a test or missing of a test gets you automatic admission into Stage 2.

Ah yes, Stage 2. During Stage 1 a treatment plan has been put together. Complete with regular meetings with Psychiatrists, Medical Doctors, etc. to stop what the NFL deems might be a problem starting. In Stage 2, which is only to last 24 months or two complete seasons, this gets more intense. You life is really not your own. Tests are more often, less time in advance, and the penalties are far more severe. In the NFL’s own words…

“(1)Discipline for First Failure to Comply in Stage Two: A player who has a Positive Test or who in the judgment of the Medical Director fails to comply with his Treatment Plan during Stage Two will be subject to:

(a) A fine of four-seventeenths (4/17) of the amount in Paragraph 5 of the NFL Player Contract if the player has successfully completed Stage One; and

(b) A suspension for the period of time to cover four consecutive regular season and post-season (including Pro Bowl, if selected) games without pay if he did not successfully complete Stage One.

(2)Discipline for Second Failure to Comply in Stage Two: A player who has two Positive Tests in Stage Two; or fails twice, as determined by the Medical Director, to comply with his Treatment Plan in Stage Two; or has a Positive Test and fails to comply with his Treatment Plan, as determined by the Medical Director, will incur:

(a) A suspension for the period of time to cover four consecutive regular and post season games (including the Pro Bowl, if selected) without pay if the player was fined pursuant to Section E.2.b.(1)(a) above; and

(b) A suspension for the period of time to cover six consecutive regular and post season games (including the Pro Bowl, if selected) without pay if the player was suspended pursuant to Section E.2.b.(1)(b) above.”

Pretty straightforward. You would think someone in Stage 2 would take this seriously. After all, where else can you get paid this much money as in the NFL? But addiction is a very tough thing to beat. But stay away from Stage 3!!!

In Stage 3, the player has failed the other two stages. There is no time limit on Stage 3. Once in this stage, you are in this stage for the rest of your career, period. Unannounced testing, counseling from all angles, NO TOLERANCE for failure. This is stricter than the requirements of the military, companies, or any other sport I know of.

You fail in Stage 3, the penalty is, in the NFL’s own words, BANISHMENT! First for a minimum of one year, second, while it is on a case by case basis the chances of maintaining your career are pretty slim. Start looking at a new line of work. Once you are banished, you do not get paid regardless of whether is was a guaranteed signing bonus or not. If you apply for reinstatement, and are reinstated, then you can pick up your contract. Although many teams have clauses in the behavioral section of the contract that would nullify it if you hit Stage 3. At Stage 3 you are really at the mercy of the NFL to get yourself back in.

Well, what are they testing for? The usual banned substances, cocaine, marijuana, steroids, but you can also be reported for and put in the program because of alcohol abuse. These all are watched not only by the individual teams but also by the ever present NFL security. They actually do follow players, teams, etc. VERY closely. So this is what it is. Big kudos to Dale Carter. To get out of Stage 3 he must have worked really hard on his issues, good for him!

The Definition of KaKa?...The Miami DUL-phins!!
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 02:53:06 pm »

By the way my least favorite CURRENT Dolphin is Nick Saban. He is a complete tool and is completely over-rated. Wow, he took Miami to a 9-7 record, which happens to be comparable to the same record some guy named Dave Wannstedt managed to attain every season with Ricky Williams. Look for alot of .500, out of the playoffs seasons from this guy.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 04:11:41 pm »

By the way my least favorite CURRENT Dolphin is Nick Saban. He is a complete tool and is completely over-rated. Wow, he took Miami to a 9-7 record, which happens to be comparable to the same record some guy named Dave Wannstedt managed to attain every season with Ricky Williams. Look for alot of .500, out of the playoffs seasons from this guy.
You only hate him cause the first time he stepped foot on an NFL field, his team made your boys look like a pop warner squad. Roll Eyes

I think you're scared.

I don't blame you.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 04:15:52 pm »

Good job NoFish.  You've put together a well thought out article and answered my question.  Hopefully everything will be cool from now on.  But...... please enlighten us as to who your favorite team is.  It doesn't matter if it's a divisional rival or not. 
NoFish

'07 Phins Team Photo

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2006, 06:54:03 pm »

Good job NoFish.  You've put together a well thought out article and answered my question.  Hopefully everything will be cool from now on.  But...... please enlighten us as to who your favorite team is.  It doesn't matter if it's a divisional rival or not. 

Everything's cooool, as long as there is no bashing or name calling.  Grin

It's NOT a divisional rival!  Lips Sealed

Tha...Tha...That's all folks.   Roll Eyes

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 07:08:31 pm »

Everything's cooool, as long as there is no bashing or name calling.  Grin

It's NOT a divisional rival!  Lips Sealed

Tha...Tha...That's all folks.   Roll Eyes

No more bashing or name calling...... if you tell us who your team is.  Trust me we won't laugh (at least I won't). 
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2006, 08:15:32 am »

.... please enlighten us as to who your favorite team is.  It doesn't matter if it's a divisional rival or not. 

It's the Cowboys.  (even if someone pegs it he'll always say it isn't, so... w/e)   Indifferent   Doesn't matter anyway Tommy.  Dude is only here to F with us and is leaving the repercussions out of it.  In other words he can dish it,  but can't take it.  ---->   Embarrassed
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2006, 08:28:27 am »

It's the Cowboys.  (even if someone pegs it he'll always say it isn't, so... w/e)   :|   Doesn't matter anyway Tommy.  Dude is only here to F with us and is leaving the repercussions out of it.  In other words he can dish it,  but can't take it.  ---->   Embarrassed

I wouldn't laugh if it was the Cowboys..... hell, I wouldn't laugh if it was the Houston Texans.  He's actually cooled down in the past few days.  That article up there was a good one regarding the NFL's drug policy. 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2006, 09:07:14 am »

I think he's a Raiders fan.
NoFish

'07 Phins Team Photo

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2006, 09:19:33 am »

It's the Cowboys.  (even if someone pegs it he'll always say it isn't, so... w/e)   Indifferent   Doesn't matter anyway Tommy.  Dude is only here to F with us and is leaving the repercussions out of it.  In other words he can dish it,  but can't take it.  ---->   Embarrassed

Don't understand what this OBSESSION is with some of you about who I root for  Huh

And Thundergod ... Cry  It does seem to matter to you & a couple of others, since some of you just won't let it go!
Soooo  be    Cool

Hey, maybe we can have a contest about this.   Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray