Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:08:08 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Ted Ginn
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Poll
Question: Should we cut or trade Ted Ginn?
Yes   -5 (20%)
No   -20 (80%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Ted Ginn  (Read 25084 times)
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« on: December 16, 2008, 10:48:15 am »

Should Sir Dropsalottaballs be cut or traded? I think he should be...but not to anyone in the AFC East. Send him to Cleveland or Cincinnati. If he can't catch passes from Chad Pennington, there's no hope for him.

Maybe add a poll to this?

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 10:55:30 am »

I think that he's shown some progress this year. I say keep him.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 11:12:05 am »

What trade value does he have?  There is no reason to get rid of him if we can't get any value out of him.

Modified to add: I voted no.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 01:25:56 pm by StL FinFan » Logged

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:31:22 am »

I doubt anyone would take Ginn or offer much for him,  given his fat contract and limited productivity , unless it was to swap salaries with some other teams malcontent or underperformer. I can't imagine any team giving up a draft choice for him.

He has shown flashes (see buffalo game #1), but generally Ted has been underwhelming.

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 12:05:06 pm »

he's a first round pick, he will absolutely play out his rookie contract... after that, who knows.

he's improved, and here's hoping he gets better. its amazing though how camarillo has outplayed him, and the undrafted dreadlocked wonder (bess) is just better than him right now.

bess is the perfect example of why its soooo hard to project the receiver position at the nfl. bess posted incredibly slow times for his size at the combine, and lead to him being undrafted. however, bess understands how to create space, dunno if its route running or technique or what. but the kid can get open and create nice open windows for the qb to throw into.
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 12:18:30 pm »

I think that he's shown some progress this year. I say keep him.

Can you please explain what progress Ginn has shown? Huh

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 12:49:54 pm »

I am far from a Ginn apologist, but did anyone see the play where Ginn had to SLOW down for the ball when CP threw that bomb to him, 2 defenders had enough time to catch up and deflect the ball (almost intercepted). Ginn is a (maybe a stretch, but not comparing talent) a Randy Moss type, a thin and fast no contact receiver. He'll get open down field, and if Miami had a Favre type QB you can count on a bit more production.

Where was Bess before Camarillo? He's taken his spot, and BOOM, production.

Is it any wonder that noodles' favorite receivers are the short route runners?

Like I said before, Pennington is what he is, and if dink and dunks are winning games, fine. But, don't be surprised when our WIDE receivers disappear from time to time.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 01:09:47 pm »

there are a number of different skills, besides just running a go route, that make an effective nfl wide receiver. if the only way ginn can beat coverage is to go far down the field and just outrun them, then he won't last very long in the nfl.

ginn != moss

moss is a lot bigger and stronger so by just his physical nature he creates some space around him. ginn has to rely more on precision route running, coverage recognition, technique, etc... to create more consistent separation from the db's. on all those measurables, both camarillo and bess are significantly better. to his defense though, those guys are smallish wr's, not as fast as ginn, and have probably been working at those skills for a longer time.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 01:13:40 pm »

You guys have it backwards.  You need to trade your players that are hot, not those that suck.

You paid a 1st round pick on Ginn.  You're going to get peanuts in return.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 01:44:23 pm »

If he sucks so much why would you not want him to go to a division rival?

You gotta keep him, let him play out his contract.  if he's a 5 or 6 year vet and he still drops 4 or 5 balls a game, then no contract for you.  But, you guys have got to stop putting the microscope on Ginn so much.  He's never going to be a game changer as long as Pennington is our QB.  We just don't run that type of offense.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 02:39:37 pm »

Don't get me wrong...I WANT to like Ted Ginn. But, he's had one or 2 good games in almost 2 seasons. I don't buy the theory that Ginn will be better once he has a QB that can throw the deep ball. Cleo Lemon could throw the deep ball, and Ginn dropped his passes too. A pass is a pass, and CP will put it right in a reveivers hands most of the time.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 02:55:01 pm »

Agree to disagree.  Pennington can't throw the deep ball.  Its a documented fact.

Ted Ginn is a speedster deep-threat receiver.  Maybe its the fault of the coaching staff for not adjust Ginn on shorter routes.  But, if Ginn requires safety attention on every play as a decoy, then so be it - it opens up the field for the short stuff. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 02:58:41 pm »

You guys do realize that Ginn is our leading receiver this year?

In his second season, he's projected to have 57 catches for 771 yards.

He has 50 now for 675.

He's dropped a couple in the last games, however, he's generally shown to have sure hands this year.

And he does draw the attention of safteys, freeing up Bess and Camarillo for the short stuff.

He's improved greatly over his rookie season.  No reason to believe he won't continue to improve next year.

It is ludicrious to even think about cutting or trading him now

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 02:59:37 pm »

^^^

I really hope Ginn makes me eat my words, and if he does, I'll be the first to admit it. But, I won't hold my breath.

dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 03:08:21 pm »

blame the qb, blame the offense, blame the coach, not my fault...

675/1 td for a starting wr is not very good no matter who your qb or offense. hopefully recognizes that he needs to expand his receiving skill set beyond just a simple go route on single coverage. he's improved a little, but it's slow go with him. maybe it'll all come together for him end of this year heading into the offseason and yr #3.

given his size, he needs to put in a whole lot of work to get better at the art of getting open besides relying on your speed. if it was just all about speed, you would send scouts to the track meet and recruit the best 100/200/400 m runners.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray