Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:03:57 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  TDMMC FFL 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: TDMMC FFL 2010  (Read 79427 times)
Tepop84
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 05:02:46 pm »

How many people do you have.  It will probably be too easy to beat you guys, but I will join if you want.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 05:35:15 pm »

^^^^

Aha, a trash talker!!

Stroke, we gotta get this guy into the league.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 05:41:35 pm »

^ Only if he's gonna take Pennington in the first round tho.  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 06:12:19 pm »

Just a heads-up... Since I can't see the email adresses once you sign up, and since I really don't know a lot of your "real" names, if you sent me your email address and haven't gotten an invitation yet, please remind me.

Aha, a trash talker!!

Stroke, we gotta get this guy into the league.

The more the merrier...all it takes is a PM to me with your email address, and an invitation will soon be speeding your way.

Tepop...I hope you don't pull a Denver_Broncos on me and back away once you've tossed out such a nice little smack volley.

I used to talk smack, but I look at it now in much the same light as end zone celebrations. Once you've scored a couple hundred times, all you really want to do is toss the ball to the official, jog to the bench and sip gatorade while others sing your praises. Wink

I'll give you added incentive as well:  You don't even have to win the league, but if you join and finish higher in the final standings than I do, I'll give you 6 months of me not saying a single negative thing to you in response to anything you post up here. You know how often I rip some of your commentary on this board...this would be a 6-month free pass from the Sword of Sun.

I mean, it's not going to happen, but surely the possibility has to intrigue ya. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 06:19:56 pm »

^ Only if he's gonna take Pennington in the first round tho.  Evil

Now that would be a reach. 

Everyone knows you take a kicker first round.  Tepop will take Pennington in the second round. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 06:43:27 pm »

'Stroke, I didn't get my invite yet :-)
Tepop84
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2010, 11:03:44 pm »

How could it be hard to beat you guys, you probably have a debate whether to pick Henne or Dancing queen brown with the first overall pick. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 07:13:12 am »

How could it be hard to beat you guys, you probably have a debate whether to pick Henne or Dancing queen brown with the first overall pick. 

Translation:  Tepop's mouth has well overstepped his abilities in the original smack post, so he'll make a little "ha-ha" and quietly slip out the back before he ends up getting embarrassed in earnest.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 01:31:32 pm »

I'm up for a few bets with people:

How about this, Stroke?

If I beat you head to head, you have to change your avatar to a picture of Ted Ginn.

If you beat me, what's my condition? 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 02:12:54 pm »

If you beat me, what's my condition? 

Had to be a typo...I'm sure you meant to say "when" instead of "if" in that last sentence.

IF the fantasy equivalent of a planetary convergence occurs and you actually do beat me, you can take pride in knowing you've beaten someone with close to a quarter century in football statistics-based games, almost a decade of paid fantasy writing and one of the top-25 ranked fantasy gamers currently on ESPN.

Other than that, if you want to bet me, all you have to do is kick significant ass in TDMMC leagues and then ask me if I know of any good money leagues for you to get into. Once you're in those, then the bet is already in place. Wink

Until you win a TDMMC league though, I have to decline on the pride bet.

~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 02:25:37 pm »

^^^^

Fantasy football is pure luck.  It is not a game of skill....Well, you do have to remember to update your team I guess. 

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 02:28:12 pm »

Fantasy Football is:

25% - Luck
25% - Draft Preparation
25% - Staying Active during the season (setting lineups, evaluating match-ups, considering trades, playing free agency)
25% - Insight/Skill

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 02:34:28 pm »

Fantasy football is pure luck.  It is not a game of skill....Well, you do have to remember to update your team I guess.  

Therein lies the reason you're unlikely to beat me in FF. Luck is part of it, like any fantasy sport, but effectively being able to project individual player development trends, foreseeing playing time opportunities or fluctuations in supporting cast performance goes a long way toward winning consistently in fantasy football (or any fantasy sports).

If you'd like, I'd be glad to provide a personal example of what I consider "winning consistently in fantasy sports" to mean...all 100% verifiable, of course.

There's a reason my winning percentage goes up based on how many teams are in the league, and it really has nothing at all to do with luck. Wink

~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2010, 03:43:03 pm »

I had no issues and I set my team up last night. Looking forward to the season.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 05:23:45 pm »

Tepop...invitation should be in your inbox now. Looking forward to seeing ya in the boxscore!

We need ONE MORE TEAM to fill the league...step on up, lucky number 12!!

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray