Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:47:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - At Packers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - At Packers  (Read 14381 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: October 17, 2010, 04:26:12 pm »

I choose whoever was chatting during the 4th and 1 play. Who was that?

I drink your milkshake!
stealth3ltt

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 05:01:17 pm »

DEFENSE  ----  or lack thereof

This game shouldn't have been this close.  Miami's D is good on first and second downs and then they don't even play on 3rd down.   don't get me started on the 2 4th downs that they got blown out on.!!!.   Miami has to step up their D big time if they want to win against the harder teams that we will be playing soon.    Henne has to stop staring down the receivers before he throws to them.     
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 08:24:59 pm »

The refs

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 11:04:07 pm »

Our defense played startlingly poor considering the time of possession.  I don't know if it's scheme or if it's players just yet, but since the Minnesota game, I'm not happy with what I've seen.

I don't want to criticize the starting QB in a road victory, but sooner or later, he's going to have to learn to be more accurate.  He missed an awful lot of receivers today...by a lot...and one was an interception.  He's nowhere near as inaccurate as Frerotte, for example, but he must improve.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 11:49:45 pm »

DEFENSE  ----  or lack thereof

This game shouldn't have been this close.  Miami's D is good on first and second downs and then they don't even play on 3rd down.
GB was 3/13 on third down.  I think that's a pretty good job by the D.

David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 12:41:16 am »

I agree with Dave.  Whichever of those guys were "chatting it up" as Rogers walked up to the LOS for the *sneak* (how appropriate a term in this instance, huh?) for the tying score have gotta be right there for the Shame.  I noticed Yeremiah and I believe Chris Clemons were two of them, and maybe that was it.  While I realize they weren't merely "chatting" but discussing what would need to be done, how does this keep freaking happening?  I know someone else mentioned it in another thread, probably the live game blog one, about how this seems to almost routinely happen to Miami on 4th down within the 1.  Remember @Houston 2008 (I believe) when Schaub so easily ran the draw through an empty middle for yet another victory by those jokers over us?  There's at least one other game where this happened recently, though it wasn't at the end of the game for the win but I'm pretty sure that team also beat us.  Now this play where it wasn't a QB draw straight up the middle but might as well have been the way the middle was so completely open.  With our recent history, I was sitting there screaming that that was what would happen, and sure enough it did. 

Co-shame goes to which referee placed that spot on the 4th down Ronnie run and whichever ref to follow still decided after the review that the spot was correct.  God, that was such garbage.....I was thinking, "Man, you wanna talk about some home-cookin'".   Cheesy

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 01:41:47 am »

Fulcher...SEE YOU IN CINCY!!!

Anyway, I'd like to invite Ed Hockey League over for some vittles myself. lol

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 09:14:26 am »

Bell was the one who was chatting and was walking away as Rodgers stepped under center at 4th and goal.

That was pretty bad, but I'm upset at the defense for a few other 3rd and 4th down plays on that same drive.  After stopping GB twice,  GB had a 3rd and 10, and the defense called a timeout. Now when you call a timeout before a down like that, its usually so you can set up your defense, because you didn't feel you were lined up correctly. After the timeout, Rodgers scrambles quite a bit, the defense allows him to scramble, and he completes a 24 yd pass to Jordy Nelson to allow the drive to continue. Grrrr. GB continues on the drive, gets another first down. But then after a short run, a penalty against Bulaga, an incomplete pass and a short pass,  GB ends up with a 4th and 7 on the Miami 29 yard line. The defense then gives up a 20 yd pass play to Jennings.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 09:23:24 am »

I'm going to take a different approach and put this on a Miami fan (I hope all her friends aw her and give her a hard time for this). Did anyone else notice the Dolphin fan on the front row when Rodgers did his leap (she was about two people away) after tying the game? She was cheering and smiling. I don't care if Lombardi rises from the grave and leaps up next to me after a Packers score to tie the game, I'm not going to cheer him.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 10:21:32 am »

I'm going to take a different approach and put this on a Miami fan (I hope all her friends aw her and give her a hard time for this). Did anyone else notice the Dolphin fan on the front row when Rodgers did his leap (she was about two people away) after tying the game? She was cheering and smiling. I don't care if Lombardi rises from the grave and leaps up next to me after a Packers score to tie the game, I'm not going to cheer him.

I saw that, but I thought it was a little boy? It looked to me like a kid, and sitting next to the kid was the Dad (also wearing a Fin hat).

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
bsfins
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 10:31:47 am »

I thought it was Husband and Wife, the Husband wearing the jersey,and the wife in the coat, hugged the Packer player.... Tongue
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:37:38 am »

Also, I'm going to have to give an honorable mention. Who made the decision to down the ball with :04 left on the clock and a tied football game. I know the chances of hitting a Hail Mary are slim, but so are the odds of having it returned against you. Maybe we get lucky with a pass interference or something (also slim odds on a play like that). Why not try to win the game in regulation rather than settle for overtime? I hated that call and an honorable mention goes out from me to either Sparano or Henning, whoever made that call.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 10:40:52 am »

As much as it pains me, Yeremiah Bell gets the shame.  You don't EVER take your attention off the QB once the offense is lined up and set.  Jeez, man, fundamentals.

Bell plays so hard and he's probably my favorite Dolphin player right now but this was a bonehead move.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 11:05:01 am »

As much as it pains me, Yeremiah Bell gets the shame.  You don't EVER take your attention off the QB once the offense is lined up and set.  Jeez, man, fundamentals.

Bell plays so hard and he's probably my favorite Dolphin player right now but this was a bonehead move.

I have to give that to coaching. We just came out of a timeout and our DBs were confused. That seems to be coaching as they couldn't figure out what to do. I don't know that YB was ever supposed to cover the QB.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 11:43:55 am »

That was just a poor play call on the goal line anyway. Even if he was paying attention, there were only about 3 or 4 people at the line of scrimmage on defense. There's no way they're going to stop 6 guys blocking for a QB.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray