Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:47:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - At Packers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - At Packers  (Read 14382 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 11:48:10 am »

^^^ agreed. I think the confusion was because Clemons had to cover the TE, but Bell was left to fill a gigantic hole on the d-line and was asking for help, maybe?

Either way, the spread formation got them scared and I can't figure out why that huge hole was on the d-line.  I think they probably should have manned-up on 3 WR's, leave Clemons as help on the strong side, and everyone else should be in the box.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 12:52:12 pm »

^^^ agreed. I think the confusion was because Clemons had to cover the TE, but Bell was left to fill a gigantic hole on the d-line and was asking for help, maybe?

Either way, the spread formation got them scared and I can't figure out why that huge hole was on the d-line.  I think they probably should have manned-up on 3 WR's, leave Clemons as help on the strong side, and everyone else should be in the box.

Didn't we give up a couple of TDs at the goal line the same way last year? They spread us out and the QB walks in.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Landshark
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 02:20:11 pm »

Vontae Davis gets my Shame of the Game.  Burned by Greg Jennings on an 86 yard drive and got beaten on several other pass plays. 

Honorable mention to the officiating crew for that horrible spot on Ronnie's 4th and 1 run. 
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 04:02:34 pm »

Didn't we give up a couple of TDs at the goal line the same way last year? They spread us out and the QB walks in.

Yes. Every time I see us on the goal line with only 3 or 4 guys, I think to myself, we lose this situation every single time, why do we do that?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 04:09:28 pm »

Yes. Every time I see us on the goal line with only 3 or 4 guys, I think to myself, we lose this situation every single time, why do we do that?
And if we have 5 or 6 guys bunched up in the middle and Rogers throws a pass to the outside everyone would be complaining about that.  Give the Packers a little credit, it was a well designed and excecuted play in a crucial situation.

I guess we could have just let them score on first down too and saved a couple minutes for our offense to get the game winning FG in regulation.  Man we really screwed the pooch that whole series! /sarcasm off

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 04:17:51 pm »

Dan Henning for his questionable playcalling yet again. I do not understand why they don't try one or two plays down the field. The pitch to Ronnie on 3rd and 13 was a terrible call. On the 4th and 1 I give the ball to Ricky or Polite in that situation. Someone who can bull their way through the line and leave no question we got the first. (Ronnie did nothing wrong on this play and this is not a knock on him. In my opinion Ricky and Lou are stronger runners in that situation.) Downing the ball with 4 seconds left and not taking a shot is atrocious as well.

Just my 2 cents.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 04:31:18 pm »

^^ They had just given the ball to Polite on the previous play and he was stuffed.  Ronnie actually had the first down in my humble opinion, but got a bad spot.  I don't have a problem giving him the ball there.

The kneel down at the end of regulation was a bit curious.  I'd like to think that was a Sparano decision and not Hennings.  I'd love to hear his thoughts on that, but I didn't really question the call.  Shows a little bit of confidence in your team that you would rather take it to overtime and try to win it there rather than risk throwing a stupid pick or something else bad happening in a desperation throw.

The 3rd and 13 to Ronnie was a bit "safe", but we did end up with a FG out of it.  Guess Henning/Sparano didn't want to take a chance of getting sacked or a turnover and not getting points.

One question for those that know.  The guy I was watching the game with and I both noticed the same thing, that it looked like Sparano was calling plays when we were on offense.  Is he just relaying the plays into the QB or is he giving input to Henning or what?

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 07:06:48 pm »

I give the Packers plenty of credit but that wasn't the play call.  Rodgers audibled when he saw the chance.  They came out lined up in shotgun...
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 02:10:51 am »

Fulcher...SEE YOU IN CINCY!!!

Anyway, I'd like to invite Ed Hockey League over for some vittles myself. lol

Oh, yeah...I can't wait, Frimp!  (or is it alright for me to call you Bill on here?  'Course, if you do likewise, my *secret identity* will be ruined, and people will realize I'm really not the semi-famous former strong safety for the Bengals from back in the day  Cheesy ) It should be a blast!  Hopefully our boys will pull it out this time!

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 10:26:52 am »

I give the Packers plenty of credit but that wasn't the play call.  Rodgers audibled when he saw the chance.  They came out lined up in shotgun...
And how do you know that wasn't the play called?  Line up in shotgun, spread the field, walk up to the line like you are audibling and sneak it while the defense is spread out and thinking your audibling?  I think that WAS the play called.

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 10:36:30 am »

Oh, yeah...I can't wait, Frimp!  (or is it alright for me to call you Bill on here?  'Course, if you do likewise, my *secret identity* will be ruined, and people will realize I'm really not the semi-famous former strong safety for the Bengals from back in the day  Cheesy ) It should be a blast!  Hopefully our boys will pull it out this time!

Most of the people here know my name is Bill. I tailgated with Dave, Brian, and Househead at the Jets game, and met quite a few others in 2005. Maybe I should ask them to change my name to Phinvader Bill here. lol

As for the Cincy game, after the Tropical Storm comes through, leaving a battered Bengals offensive line in its 'Wake' and we blow the kittens out, hopefully there will be no SOTG thread. lol Has that EVER happened before?

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 11:19:31 am »

Pappy, if you re-watch the play, you can tell.  He saw the confusion and the huge hole and said "take what I can get"   I believe it was an audible on the field as a reaction to the defensive confusion.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 11:24:40 am »

Most of the people here know my name is Bill. I tailgated with Dave, Brian, and Househead at the Jets game, and met quite a few others in 2005. Maybe I should ask them to change my name to Phinvader Bill here. lol

As for the Cincy game, after the Tropical Storm comes through, leaving a battered Bengals offensive line in its 'Wake' and we blow the kittens out, hopefully there will be no SOTG thread. lol Has that EVER happened before?

I don't think it's happened before and I don't think it will happen.  I will see to that.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 11:54:09 am »

The kneel down at the end of regulation was a bit curious.  I'd like to think that was a Sparano decision and not Hennings.  I'd love to hear his thoughts on that, but I didn't really question the call.  Shows a little bit of confidence in your team that you would rather take it to overtime and try to win it there rather than risk throwing a stupid pick or something else bad happening in a desperation throw.
I finally had a chance to see Sparano's response to this.

“To be honest with you, there were more bad things that could happen than good things in that situation. I just didn’t feel like at that point a Hail Mary, a strip fumble, any of those kind of things — you don’t want to put yourself in that. I believed in this team. I felt we’d be able to win this football game in that circumstance, so that’s what we did.”

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 12:46:37 pm »

Bullshit reasoning. I don't recall ever seeing (and challenge anyone else to find an example) a hail mary pass being returned 100 yards the other way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray