Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:32:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137167 times)
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 12:44:24 am »

He won't get wins.  You'll see.  He will be garbage and something that I will "I told you so" forever.

He played like crap against our pathetic team.  ...that's how pathetic he is.

I just wonder what kind of currency "i told you so's" are worth.  MikeO has been telling you guys how's it's gonna be for over a year now and you still won't listen...even after it happens.

I'll believe Tebow is garbage when it's been proven on the field.  And after 4 games as a pro starter, he's been pretty good.  He's EXTREMELY elusive and tough and is working on doing the things that make a successful NFL QB.  I don't even know if he'll stay a full time QB, but I do know he belongs on the field in some capacity.  The kid has a great trick that he keeps pulling over and over again...winning.  I won't bet against him.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 07:42:49 am »

I think it's funny actually.  There are the he finds a way to win people and the he sucks people. No one is saying he is a great QB on either side. All I know is that I liked the fact he has done something in 4 games what it took John Elway 15 years to do. He has led the Broncos to victory when trailing by at least 15 points in the fourth quarter twice.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:44:33 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 11:13:06 am »

He ain't Elway.  But he can make things happen with his feet.  He is a poor man's M. Vick.  (but with higher moral standards).   

He might develop into a better passer with experience.  Never gonna become the next Elway, but he could lead the Broncos to the playoffs next year. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 01:29:44 pm »

I think it's both. He sucks AND he finds a way to win.

But you can't continue to suck for 3.5 quarters every game and expect the opposing team to only score 15 points each week. The Lions may score 30 and no 4th quarter rally will be possible there.

No coach will put up with Tebow for much longer if he only decides to show up with 5 mins left in the game and completely, utterly, miserably suck for 3.5 quarters.

And he's NOT a winner. He won on Sunday, but lost the previous Sunday and last year as well. 2-2 record as a starter is NOT a "Winner". It's highly mediocre.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 01:31:34 pm »

Oh and by the way he's 17 for 37 this season (passing). 46% completion rate, which for him is probably good but it's very bad.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 02:15:41 pm »

He's not a winner.....funny....looked like one Sunday. 33-5 record in the NCAA. All time rushing leader in the SEC, breaking Herschel Walker's record. How are the Gator's doing without him? As a pro, he is 2-2 in games he either starts or takes most of the snaps. 35-7....how is that NOT a winner? I don't care if he looks like he is trying to throw a helium filled ballon when he passes. Winning is winning. That- by definition- is what makes you a winner. -EK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 02:21:15 pm »

He's not a winner.....funny....looked like one Sunday.
If he does that against New England, then I'd agree. Against the Dolphins, I pretty much was assuming that he would do it.  I'm not kidding. When Miami went up by 15, I was thinking they can still lose this game and that's as bad as Tebow was playing I was thinking that.  He didn't win the game so much as Miami self destructed and handed it to him.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 02:29:43 pm »

Not only do I get that, but I was saying the same thing to my wife- "You grossly underestimate how bad Miami is, and we will lose." Even having said that, a win is a win. -EK
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 02:53:52 pm »

He's not a winner.....funny....looked like one Sunday. 33-5 record in the NCAA. All time rushing leader in the SEC, breaking Herschel Walker's record. How are the Gator's doing without him? As a pro, he is 2-2 in games he either starts or takes most of the snaps. 35-7....how is that NOT a winner? I don't care if he looks like he is trying to throw a helium filled ballon when he passes. Winning is winning. That- by definition- is what makes you a winner. -EK

Because 4 games (1 against us) does not a career make.  He was a great college player on a great college team.  He deserves all the credit.  But the NFL is a different game at the QB position.

He has won twice.  This will not continue in the long run.  He is a terrible NFL player at the QB position.  He will start to get gameplanned against, forced to make thows, he will be unable, and he'll be out of the league.  His best bet is to switch positions to take advantage of his other talents.

I drink your milkshake!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 02:58:22 pm »

I'm not sure that I actually disagree with any of what you said, other than maybe the win was against Miami thing. My point is- a win in the NFL is a win. A stellar win-loss record in college speaks for itself. No matter how ugly his technique or mechanics are, he HAS actually won at every level. That may change rapidly in the coming weeks, but at this point, irrespective of your personal feelings about the guy, you can't look at him and say, "Not a winner." -EK
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 03:17:46 pm »

Tebow is living on residual glory from his college days.  He hasn't earned a single thing in the NFL.  Not one.

Thank you for proving my point.

NCAA success means precisely NOTHING in the NFL.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 05:09:49 pm »

So I'm guessing that every person that's defending Tebow in this thread is a huge Mark Sanchez fan?

If Tebow is good, Sanchez must be Jesus.

mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 05:57:24 pm »

As usual, nothing but distortion by Spidey.

Yes.  That's what we are all saying.  Mark Sanchez is obviously the greatest QB who ever lived, and maybe the greatest human being to ever walk the earth.  We are lucky to be here with him.  Obviously, that's what we're saying.  Way to be relevant, Spidey.

There is soooo much butthurt from you guys out there it's amazing.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 06:18:50 pm »

So I'm guessing that every person that's defending Tebow in this thread is a huge Mark Sanchez fan?

If Tebow is good, Sanchez must be Jesus.

Sanchez has had a lot more oppertunites to play. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 06:25:27 pm »

Pat White was 46-7 in NCAA games.  He must be equally awesome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray